No cloud saves for Gamepass PC?

Discus and support No cloud saves for Gamepass PC? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I recently had my main Hard drive die on me and so I had to start with a fresh one and I didn't recover any data from the old one. I was under the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by MasterJaysQ, Apr 15, 2021.

1. MasterJaysQ
    MasterJaysQ Guest

I recently had my main Hard drive die on me and so I had to start with a fresh one and I didn't recover any data from the old one. I was under the impression that the game saves for Gamepass games was stored in the cloud as long as you have an active Xbox Live subscription and you were logged in while playing. I'm quite sure that for the majority of my play time I was logged in and assumed my saves were being stored on the cloud. Now after I've reinstalled the Xbox app, signed in and reinstalled my games I seem to have no save data for any of them. I know not all games have cloud saving, but I know at least a few of mine (Sea of Thieves and Sunset Overdrive) are capable. I'm not sure what happened, if there's anything I can do? I did search the forums, but I didn't find an answer that was close enough to my issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

:)

MasterJaysQ, Apr 15, 2021
  2. (Farscape) Win User

Game saves dissappeared after i re-bought Game Pass

not all pc gamepass games have cloud saving, they save into the apps folder under users, if this was deleted then gamesave is gone, i think about half or more don't have cloud saving.
  3. Cloud Gear 13 Win User

Can I play xbox games on my windows 10 pc without taking up the xbox?

Yup but only with those with xbox anywhere and gamepass but the problem that are synchronize with the cloud so if you are saving your game be careful it you save on the console that save will be reflected on the pc fast
  4. [Farscape] Win User

If I get Xbox Game Pass for PC, and cancel does the data on the games save???

not all games on pc gamepass sync to the cloud, some only save to the pc so make sure to back these up.
  5. KaitoCam Win User

Gamepass PC game saves?

I'm not sure how saves are stored for Gamepass for PC I know on the Xbox they are stored via the cloud. You may have lost your save sorry to say.
  6. PalmettoBling Win User

Cloud save for GamePass for PC?

There are Xbox Live services on the PC that developers can use which would save your games in the cloud, but it's not required of all titles in the Game Pass for PC service. You can determine which ones use it by seeing the capabilities section for the
    title. Below is an example of the capabilities of Moonlighter:

[​IMG]

This lets me know that I can play it on my PC and Xbox One, and the cloud saves would carry over even if I deleted both games.

So not all games on the service offer it, you'll have to see the capabilities section to determine if they do support those cloud saves.
Thema:

1. No cloud saves for Gamepass PC? - Similar Threads - cloud saves Gamepass

2. Cloud Saving not working across the board (Gamepass Pc)

in XBoX on Windows
    Cloud Saving not working across the board (Gamepass Pc): Hi, As the title of this thread implies, I'm currently having issues regarding cloud saving for Gamepass PC. The issue is quite severe as it completely impedes my ability to play any game I own...
  3. Saved Cloud Game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Saved Cloud Game: Hello. I Want to know how to use the saved file from console (gamepass) to Windows 10 PC (gamepass). The game is "Control Standar Edition" Thanks 207846bc-3ce4-42cd-82b8-5a82dcad42e1
  4. Cloud Save Question

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud Save Question: I have both local and cloud data for Sonic Generations and I want to delete the cloud data, however when I try to it says that it will delete it from my console permanently and it makes me worried...
  5. Syncing game save taking ages using win 10 cloud streaming

in XboX Insiders
    Syncing game save taking ages using win 10 cloud streaming: When testing cloud streaming through windows 10 browser does anyone else's save data take forever to sync, 30 mins it's been stuck on the syncing screen trying to boot up Forza Horizon 4, other...
  6. Possible to overwrite cloud save with old local file?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Possible to overwrite cloud save with old local file?: To keep things short, after a particularly bad game crash that resulted in my Series X completely shutting down, my game of WWE2K19 began acting as if I'd never played it... which then seemingly...
  7. Cloud saves not working on PC after using iPad Beta in Dragon Quest IX

in XboX Insiders
    Cloud saves not working on PC after using iPad Beta in Dragon Quest IX: I decided to test Dragon Quest IX on my iPad last night after I was invited to the beta. I went to load the game on my PC this morning and am receiving a message saying, "an unknown error...
  8. syncing Dragon Quest XI on console corrupts the cloud save file and makes it unusable on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    syncing Dragon Quest XI on console corrupts the cloud save file and makes it unusable on PC: Is anyone else having issues syncing DQXI between console and PC? The game was running fine until I wanted to try the game on my Xbox Series X (I wanted to see how it ran compared to my PC). After...
  9. Outer Worlds (GamePass) cloud saves no longer syncing to second Win 10 computer

in XBoX on Windows
    Outer Worlds (GamePass) cloud saves no longer syncing to second Win 10 computer: I have a GamePass subscription and downloaded Outer Worlds on both my desktop and my laptop. At first it seemed to work fine, and I was able to go back and forth using the cloud saves. The only...
  10. Cloud save for GamePass for PC?

in XBoX on Windows
    Cloud save for GamePass for PC?: Hello. I have a gaming PC but have yet to buy an external hard drive and there a game I want to play but to save space I would need to uninstall a game I have been playing on the game pass...