No communication through mic.

Discus and support No communication through mic. in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; My son has xbox live but was recently reported by 'a friend' and banned from communication, which has now finished. Since this ban, he still cant talk... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by georgehenry(2), Jan 7, 2019.

1. No communication through mic.

My son has xbox live but was recently reported by 'a friend' and banned from communication, which has now finished. Since this ban, he still cant talk to his friends through his mic. We thought it was his new wireless headset which he got for xmas, but
    he cant even get his old headset to work.

I am wondering if its something to do with his original ban. Can anyone help with this?

:)

georgehenry(2), Jan 7, 2019
  2. El Mago tv Win User

• Make sure the headset is not muted. To do this, check the mute button on the headset controls. (For a headset, the mute button is on the left side of the connector that is plugged into the expansion port of the controller. For a 3.5-mm chat headset, the
      mute button is a slider button on the front of the audio controls that are in the middle of the headset cable.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Increase the audio. If you're using a headset plugged into the 3.5-mm port, go to Settings, choose Devices & accessories, and then select your controller and adjust your audio options.
    • Try using a different controller or headset to check for a hardware malfunction.
    • Update your controller to make sure you have the latest software. See Attach an Xbox One Chat Headset to an Xbox One Wireless Controller.
  3. DapperCrane Win User

Be sure all your chat settings are how you want them. Be sure the headset is connected properly. Then go in to your consoles settings check the power and start-up option select turn off or restart then choose full shut down. Once you restart your console
    try the headset.
  4. ShaneHepburn Win User

I dont know if this makes any difference but both headsets are just normal earphones, one is wireless with a mic built in, the other has a mic connected. He can hear his friends in the party, but cant speak with either headset.
    I had the same problem before and I bought headset adapter and it worked perfectly well

thanks

Shane
  5. georgehenry(2) Win User

We tried exactly what you said but this still hasnt worked.

Thanks for the advice Parity.
  6. ShaneHepburn Win User

My son has xbox live but was recently reported by 'a friend' and banned from communication, which has now finished. Since this ban, he still cant talk to his friends through his mic. We thought it was his new wireless headset which he got for xmas, but
    he cant even get his old headset to work.

I am wondering if its something to do with his original ban. Can anyone help with this?
    Hello Georgehenry,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox Forums my advice is to buy or if you have a headset adapter because since the last update people have been having problems since the got new headset adapter everything worked fine

thanks

Shane
Thema:

1. No communication through mic. - Similar Threads - communication through mic

2. I got communication banned for doing nothing wrong

in XBoX Accessibility
    I got communication banned for doing nothing wrong: I’ve been banned com banned for making a group post that said “2v2 my court add me”, it was about NBA2k19, and it said the post was inappropriate and my friend also got suspended from the same...
  3. Communication band for no reason

in XBoX Accessibility
    Communication band for no reason: i have been banned for no reason at all. I have only joined parties from my friends and the person the message was sent to was a family member who reported me as a joke to get me banned. Plz...
  4. Communication Enforcement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Communication Enforcement: Last week, I got a 24 hour communication suspension for replying to a message i got from another player. I accepted this ban and changed my settings so i could only communicate with friends. One...
  5. Sexual communication online

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sexual communication online: Hello, I was in a party with three people I had met the day prior in an online game. One of the guys, I won't discuss names or publicly shame here, was using inappropriate language in the party...
  6. Communication ban

in XBoX on Consoles
    Communication ban: Hey i was just wondering if there was anyway of lifting a communication ban, i recived one from standing up for my friend who was being harassed online and i was reported for it. I have all the...
  7. Blocking communications through Xbox live for offensive language but games have the same ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blocking communications through Xbox live for offensive language but games have the same ...: I've been a Xbox live gold subscription member for 10 years now 31 years old and I play video games that are rated M for Mature mostly. But for the 2nd time in a year and 9 months my...
  8. Suddenly I am not able to communicate through a microphone for some reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    Suddenly I am not able to communicate through a microphone for some reason: Yesterday I noticed no one in the xbox live party could hear me although I was not muted. It carried through into today so I tried a new controller, talking through skype, hard resetting the xbox...
  9. Preview Member Unable to communicate through chat headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Preview Member Unable to communicate through chat headset: I was using my Xbox One chat headset and it was working fine and one day my controller turned off and my console went into idle mode and I have lost the ability to use my microphone through my...
  10. I can't communicate with anyone through chat or text?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't communicate with anyone through chat or text?: idk what happened I play couple days a week when I'm off work and other ppl play on my account through the days I work and watch Netflix etc, anyways I got on today hoping to play with couple...