NO DLNA, NO Integration at all

Discus and support NO DLNA, NO Integration at all in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have to say I'm pretty disapointed. I dought the Xbox One because of its much touted integration with my TV and AV system. Since purchasing it, I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dustoff59, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Dustoff59
    Dustoff59 Guest

I have to say I'm pretty disapointed. I dought the Xbox One because of its much touted integration with my TV and AV system. Since purchasing it, I have learnt that most of the key features that I bought it for arent available here in Australia on the Xbox
    One.

When I purchased it I asked the guy from EB Games if their was a particular set top box I needed to get or would the live guide and so on work with my Blu Ray / Digital Tuner? He said it should work no problem. Now I find out that not only cant I access
    my music, and movies through it. I cant look at the TV guide via the Xbox one unless I view it while watching TV and bringing up the TV guide from the TV. In other words, its nothing like the touted XBox One I saw being released.

Yes its great for playing games. Yes the graphics are very impressive, however, Microsoft touted this system as being integratable with Cable / sat / terristrial (free to air TV). Full multimedia compatable and so on. That is not what I got with my XBox
    One. Why is it that Australia seems to be treated so poorly when it comes to these issues. I am absolutly sure that quite a few people would have held off buying one of there cripled units if they had been made fully aware prior to purchasing.

Oh and today, while speaking to a customer support rep on the phone about said issues, this kind person after realizing he had no real answers to give simply hung up on me. So no word from Microsoft as to when DLNA will be released and an update, No word
    as to when australians will be treated to the same features that the USA currently enjoy. Good thing I didnt plan on having fantasy players and the like. I would be devistated.

I know I am but one voice amongst hundreds of thousands who are bitterly dissapointed. I could have stuck with my 360, saved $600aud and enjoyed a great holiday with none of the stress. Alas, I no longer have my trusty 360, none of the games, $600aud down,
    very irate wife and son, and now stressed.

Cheers Microsoft, ya dun it again.

:)

Dustoff59, Jan 22, 2014
  2. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    when are they adding?

There's no timeline for full DLNA. All we know is that it is supposedly coming at some point.

IceStorm III, Jan 22, 2014
  3. Media Center Extender???

I can confirm that the Xbox One also does not support Media Center via HDMI input. There is no One Guide integration at all.

ReticentRobot, Jan 22, 2014
  4. A Virtual Duck Win User

Xbox One and my PC

In the future use Xbox Video. DLNA Play To is all we have, DLNA Fullis coming soon.
  5. BearCu6 Win User

Fix the DLNA Boondoggle already!!

The Xbox One DOES support DLNA. Maybe if you had done a little research you would have found that out.

It can't browse through your DLNA server, but all you need is an App to push DLNA content to your Xbox One.

Look up BubbleUPnP, Skift, AllCast on Android.
  6. IceStorm III Win User

when are they adding?

There's no timeline for full DLNA. All we know is that it is supposedly coming at some point.
  7. WOGwald Win User

DirecTv Integration Woes

I agree with all you said.

I was hoping I could tap into the DIrecTV DLNA server to watch my DVR recordings (like I could on my PS3!) but alas, DLNA on XBOX ONE only supports PlayTo...
  8. Elompenta Win User

DLNA Client for Xbox One

DLNA is the Key Feature of a living-room device!

Please add DLNA support
Thema:

1. NO DLNA, NO Integration at all - Similar Threads - DLNA Integration

2. Ecouter ma musique en DLNA sur Xbox One [Translation-Play my music in DLNA on Xbox one]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ecouter ma musique en DLNA sur Xbox One [Translation-Play my music in DLNA on Xbox one]: Bonjour, Depuis la suppression du service One Drive sur Groove Musique, je cherche des solution pour optimiser l'écoute de ma musique sur XBOX. Solution 1 : J'ai activé le DLNA et j'utilise...
  3. LG 42PG20D: DLNA works badly

in XBoX TV Hardware
    LG 42PG20D: DLNA works badly: LG (Televisions) 42PG20D: DLNA works badly Don't use DLNA. Use Kodi from Xbox app store, setup NFS shares on the QNAP (see Kodi NFS wiki). Add NFS shared folder to Kodi and it will play content...
  4. DLNA Discovery in Media Player

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DLNA Discovery in Media Player: I have been having an issue since I purchased my xbox one s that it will take a long time to discover a local DLNA source. My windows 10 PC recognizes it right away as well as my ROKU and other...
  5. DLNA

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DLNA: DLNA is not working again on Xbox one and have just wasted over an hour checking settings on phone trying to play a tune through Xbox. Also really disappointed with the new home page. Has made it...
  6. DLNA PlayTo (aka casting) is back for Groove on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DLNA PlayTo (aka casting) is back for Groove on Xbox One: Hey everyone, we're excited to let you know that DLNA PlayTo (aka casting) is back for Groove Music on Xbox One. See more and discuss here:...
  7. Xbox One S - Media Player error playing DLNA Stream - error code 0xc00d11cd (0x8000ffff)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One S - Media Player error playing DLNA Stream - error code 0xc00d11cd (0x8000ffff): Having a probleme with Xbox One S (500 GB) and Media Player when I am trying to watch a TV-Stream provided by DVBLink Streaming Service (DVBLogic) in my local network. Any other device in my local...
  8. XBOX One S DLNA Problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One S DLNA Problems: My XBOX One S and original XBOX One are able to detect the DLNA Server that is hooked up to my router, but it does not find any of the files. I do not know when this problem came about because I...
  9. Custom Gamerpic via DLNA/OneDrive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Custom Gamerpic via DLNA/OneDrive: I am in the Preview Alpha ring and It has just been brought to my attention that custom gamerpics are available, So I decided to try and upload my own via One Drive and Media player via DLNA. The...
  10. DLNA PlayTo Streaming No Longer Working from PC Windows 7 to Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    DLNA PlayTo Streaming No Longer Working from PC Windows 7 to Xbox One: *Note* I have been in search of a solution for a couple weeks and have tried a number of solutions. I am no longer able to stream from my PC to my Xbox One. I can see the Xbox One on my PC... I...