No drives available to install games in XBox Windows 10

Discus and support No drives available to install games in XBox Windows 10 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; [img] I cant install any games because c:/ is not showing as an option and its the only drive on computer. It has 140Gb space free... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Found in oz, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Found in oz
    Found in oz Guest

No drives available to install games in XBox Windows 10 [​IMG]

I cant install any games because c:/ is not showing as an option and its the only drive on computer. It has 140Gb space free

:)

Found in oz, Jun 14, 2021
  2. XBF Leo G Win User

Microsoft Store

Hello 0Andu0,

Thanks for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your hard drive is not appearing when you try to install a game from the Microsoft Store. We have a support article that provides

troubleshooting for game installations on Windows 10
    . The section that you want to look at is called, "Installation problems due to available storage." Be sure to let us know the results
    0Andu0!
  3. napalm 31337 Win User

Xbox Game Bar

No, I mean I want to install the older version of Xbox game bar, which is for Windows 10 1709, on my Windows 10 1909.
    You can't install and use the older version, is not compatible and available anymore.
  4. VecaisVaskis Win User

Xbox Game Pass PC error 0x8007001f when installing games initially

I have the same problem here. Every Xbox Game Pass for PC game with "Administrator approval required for installation" in the description fails to install with error code 0x8007001F The game download starts fine, but as soon it gets to the part where the
    installation should start - boom! - error 0x8007001F

The Windows 10 on my computer is up to date. All the device drivers are fine and up to date. The restarting of the computer, change of region settings, reinstalling Xbox Beta app, using Windows Store app instead, reinstalling of Windows 10 on different hard
    drive (and some other of the commonly available "fixes") - nothing helps. The problem persists. The problematic computer is Apple iMac 27-inch model March 2019 with Windows 10 installed on a separate hard drive. On my Lenovo laptop the same Xbox Game Pass
    PC account works without any problems.
  5. VecaisVaskis Win User

Installing games with "Administrator approval required for installation" - error 0x8007001F

... I suspect the "problem" might be that my Windows 10 system resides on an external hard disk which somehow messes up the installation process for "Administrator approval required for installation" games.
    I have similar issues with apps and external storage.

It seems that for whatever reason, external drives aren't "trusted" as much as an internal system drive.

How is the external drive connected? Via USB, or is it an external SATA connector? You might coax the system into believing it's an internal drive, if you use an external SATA connector.

If you actually managed to install Windows on an USB drive (and it's not an official Windows To Go install), that might really be the problem.

The setup is an iMac 2019 with external Thunderbolt 3 SSD drive with Windows 10 Pro installed on it specifically for gaming needs. The problem with Xbox Games Pass for PC is the first (serious, mysterious) problem I have with this setup. Steam, Epic, GoG
    - every other online gaming store works as it should and I can play pretty much any game I want, except for the ones available on the Games Pass for PC. I find it somewhat ironic.
  6. SarasotaSlim Win User

The overall quality of this collection is terrible

Thema:

1. No drives available to install games in XBox Windows 10 - Similar Threads - drives available install

2. Can't select drive "unknown available" error PC Game Pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't select drive "unknown available" error PC Game Pass: [img] its say Can't select drive "unknown available" bc000428-24f3-4e2c-ab97-90b34f20f82c
  3. D drive is not available for installing game pass games

in XBoX on Windows
    D drive is not available for installing game pass games: [img] When I go to install a game, it only gives me the option to install it on my SSD. If I change where the app installs by default in the settings, it lets me change it to my other drive, but...
  4. on my xbox desktop app, I am getting 0 drives available when I am trying to install any game

in XBoX on Windows
    on my xbox desktop app, I am getting 0 drives available when I am trying to install any game: On my xbox desktop app, I am getting 0 drives available when I am trying to install any game. Does anyone know about this issue ? Windows 10 10.0.19042 Build [img]...
  5. Unknown Available Drive with XBox App on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Unknown Available Drive with XBox App on PC: [img] So I have tried every possible solution that is readily available on the internet since today's posting date (2021-06-14). Can someone please assist?!? I am the administrator on the...
  6. Unknown Available, won't let me pick a drive to download game on.

in XBoX on Windows
    Unknown Available, won't let me pick a drive to download game on.: [ATTACH] I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the xbox app, searched up for hours and found no solution! This is getting quite frustrating. Anyone know how to fix? Please and thank you :)
  7. Cannot select a drive to install games on, "Unknown Available" on game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot select a drive to install games on, "Unknown Available" on game pass: I came across this problem where I cannot select any drive to install Fallout 76 on. I want to install it on my E: Drive which has over 600 gigs of storage, so no issue there. I also had just...
  8. Cannot install from Xbox Beta App or MS Store - no hard drives detected (0 Unknown available)

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot install from Xbox Beta App or MS Store - no hard drives detected (0 Unknown available): [img] Hi, I have Game Pass Ultimate on my Xbox and PC MS account. I cannot download any game pass games using the PC apps. In MS store, the install button does nothing at all (no error...
  9. ESPN 2k5 won’t install saying needs Xbox hard drive. I have 2.6 gig available on Xbox hard...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ESPN 2k5 won’t install saying needs Xbox hard drive. I have 2.6 gig available on Xbox hard...: Not loading disk. Says must have xbox hard drive. 2.4 left on hard drive 15 gig left on thumb drive. Trying to load and play espn 2k5. Help please. 5ccd0958-ab89-46e2-8250-578d138fb1b6
  10. Unknown Available in drive selections and cant install....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unknown Available in drive selections and cant install....: We install games on selected drives and there are no drives available to select and the install button wont work. 8e82307c-1dde-4cd3-9a72-b5a3679f0e55