No Hard drives can be detected

Discus and support No Hard drives can be detected in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox 360 is an old style and is not detecting my hard drive, i tried it with another one it couldn't detect that one either, problems started when i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by OverhandleJake, Feb 17, 2014.

1. No Hard drives can be detected

My xbox 360 is an old style and is not detecting my hard drive, i tried it with another one it couldn't detect that one either, problems started when i was downloading DLCs for Gears of war 3, i had one red ring twice in 2 hours, now it is running slow and
    can't detect my hard drive, all my saves are on there for all my games over the last year.... how do i fix this?

:)

OverhandleJake, Feb 17, 2014
  2. Saqib-Ali
    Saqib-Ali Guest
    Watching movies off external hard drive

Hello everybody, I was wondering if its possible to transfer movies from my PC on to the newly XB1 formatted external hard drive.

It seems that the hard drive, once formatted, the drive can only be detected by an XB1 and nothing else... and when I plug it into my computer it can't even be detected...

Saqib-Ali, Feb 17, 2014
  3. Hard Drive not detected

A couple of days ago, I tried to get on my xbox, but when i did, it said i had no profiles to sign in. At first, i did not worry, but then I went to system settings then memory, and it said no storage device found. So i checked my xbox to make sure my hard
    drive was in, and in fact, it was. I panicked, because my hard drive was clearly in, but my xbox could not detect it. So i pushed the hard drive in further, and at first, it detected it when i had my hand holding the hard drive pushed in. I was relieved, so
    i went to go get my controlled to exit out, but as soon as i took my hand off the hard drive, my xbox restarted, then no longer detected the hard drive. I repeated the procedure 3 times, until it no longer detected my hard drive when i pushed it in. I took
    out my hard drive, examined it for any damages, and I could not find anything wrong with the drive. It seemed like everything was in tact, but it still doesnt work. Can someone help me please!!!???

Icedrag0n8278, Feb 17, 2014
  4. No Hard drives can be detected

Did you try connecting your current HD to another 360? If not, try that and see if you can access your HDD on that console, if you can get to another console that is.

From the sounds of it, your 360 is probably ready to be replaced. I hope your content is safe on that HDD, but there's always that possible chance that the content will be corrupted or unattainable (save files mainly). My suggestion, get a new 360, and try
    to move your content to the new console. I'm not sure if the new Slim consoles will be able to grab content from an old 360 HDD from the white console, but It might be possible.

I hope everything works out.

Dr Black Bones, Feb 18, 2014
  5. Dr Black Bones Win User

Did you try connecting your current HD to another 360? If not, try that and see if you can access your HDD on that console, if you can get to another console that is.

From the sounds of it, your 360 is probably ready to be replaced. I hope your content is safe on that HDD, but there's always that possible chance that the content will be corrupted or unattainable (save files mainly). My suggestion, get a new 360, and try
    to move your content to the new console. I'm not sure if the new Slim consoles will be able to grab content from an old 360 HDD from the white console, but It might be possible.

I hope everything works out.
  6. davemcfly85 Win User

Hard Drive not Detected

nope sorry ONLY 3rd party bootleg transfer cables do this MS ones do not, you had a bootleg cable to be fair they look VERY convincing (they even have real looking stickers).
  7. BxXFINEZT B3B0 Win User

Hard Drive not Detected

I had this problem i just connected it with the data transfer cable and it worked but doesent work as a main memory
  8. MaRCuS FeNiX 03 Win User

Hard Drive not Detected

I realize this thread is old, but I was having an issue with my Xbox 360 Slim, Glossy made in 2010.

I removed my hard drive 1 time very carefully and re-inserted i. When I powered on the xbox I got error e68. I unplugged and replugged everything in and it worked but my hard drive was not detected. It turns out that the SATA cable that goes into the back
    if the hard drive somehow got unplugged, That fixed my xbox. Just to help anyone who has this issue.
  9. DWJOKER53 Win User

Hard Drive not Detected

that should not happen try calling xbox support
Thema:

1. No Hard drives can be detected - Similar Threads - Hard drives detected

2. External hard drive is not detected

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive is not detected: My console is xbox one and device is up-to date with no pending updates to be installed. I have western digital hard drive with 1TB size. The connecting USB cable is 3.0. My console is not...
  3. my xbox one s wont detect my seagate 2tb hard drive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox one s wont detect my seagate 2tb hard drive.: My Seagate 2tb external hard drive used to work fine. I didn't do anything to it but use it. One day it just stopped working, when I plug the HDD into my Xbox one s with the 3.0 USB it powers it...
  4. Xbox One can't detect external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One can't detect external hard drive: I had gotten a brand new 4tb gaming hard drive recently. It has already been formatted and had games installed on it. I have been using it for over two weeks and now for some reason my xbox one...
  5. Xbox 360 S won't detect hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 S won't detect hard drive: I recently encountered an error screen that had the number E 68. Naturally I took to the internet with the question which led me to the forum that had an apparent fix. I followed the steps which...
  6. Xbox 1 wont detect my Seagate 2tb external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 1 wont detect my Seagate 2tb external hard drive: Xbox One console won't detect sea gate external hard drive 11e8507d-2e82-45be-8d76-ee45e5ba5ec2
  7. Xbox one suddenly not detecting external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one suddenly not detecting external hard drive: Hi, My Xbox one recently stopped detecting my external hard drive (SeaGate 2TB) after working fine for almost a year. I've tried every port and done several hard re-sets. Any advice? Please...
  8. Xbox 360 hard drive no longer detected by console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 hard drive no longer detected by console: Hello, Hoping someone can help. In an attempt to recover a deleted game save file for my brother, I connected his Xbox 360 hard drive to my pc. Windows prompted me to choose a partition style to...
  9. Xbox One X not detecting external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X not detecting external hard drive: I have tried every possible method of troubleshooting. It isn’t a faulty hard drive, i’ve used it for as long as i can remember. it has worked fine until about a month ago when my xbox would stop...
  10. cant update any game cant play any game and my xbox dosent detect the hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    cant update any game cant play any game and my xbox dosent detect the hard drive: i can't update my xbox games and the update window is just loading and dont load anything and when i open any game xbox jumps me out of the game and my xbox can't read my hard drive anymore this...