No Hard drives can be detected

Discus and support No Hard drives can be detected in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox 360 is an old style and is not detecting my hard drive, i tried it with another one it couldn't detect that one either, problems started when i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by OverhandleJake, Feb 17, 2014.

1. No Hard drives can be detected

My xbox 360 is an old style and is not detecting my hard drive, i tried it with another one it couldn't detect that one either, problems started when i was downloading DLCs for Gears of war 3, i had one red ring twice in 2 hours, now it is running slow and
    can't detect my hard drive, all my saves are on there for all my games over the last year.... how do i fix this?

:)

OverhandleJake, Feb 17, 2014
  2. Saqib-Ali
    Saqib-Ali Guest
    Watching movies off external hard drive

Hello everybody, I was wondering if its possible to transfer movies from my PC on to the newly XB1 formatted external hard drive.

It seems that the hard drive, once formatted, the drive can only be detected by an XB1 and nothing else... and when I plug it into my computer it can't even be detected...

Saqib-Ali, Feb 17, 2014
  3. Hard Drive not detected

A couple of days ago, I tried to get on my xbox, but when i did, it said i had no profiles to sign in. At first, i did not worry, but then I went to system settings then memory, and it said no storage device found. So i checked my xbox to make sure my hard
    drive was in, and in fact, it was. I panicked, because my hard drive was clearly in, but my xbox could not detect it. So i pushed the hard drive in further, and at first, it detected it when i had my hand holding the hard drive pushed in. I was relieved, so
    i went to go get my controlled to exit out, but as soon as i took my hand off the hard drive, my xbox restarted, then no longer detected the hard drive. I repeated the procedure 3 times, until it no longer detected my hard drive when i pushed it in. I took
    out my hard drive, examined it for any damages, and I could not find anything wrong with the drive. It seemed like everything was in tact, but it still doesnt work. Can someone help me please!!!???

Icedrag0n8278, Feb 17, 2014
  4. No Hard drives can be detected

Did you try connecting your current HD to another 360? If not, try that and see if you can access your HDD on that console, if you can get to another console that is.

From the sounds of it, your 360 is probably ready to be replaced. I hope your content is safe on that HDD, but there's always that possible chance that the content will be corrupted or unattainable (save files mainly). My suggestion, get a new 360, and try
    to move your content to the new console. I'm not sure if the new Slim consoles will be able to grab content from an old 360 HDD from the white console, but It might be possible.

I hope everything works out.

Dr Black Bones, Feb 18, 2014
  5. Dr Black Bones Win User

Did you try connecting your current HD to another 360? If not, try that and see if you can access your HDD on that console, if you can get to another console that is.

From the sounds of it, your 360 is probably ready to be replaced. I hope your content is safe on that HDD, but there's always that possible chance that the content will be corrupted or unattainable (save files mainly). My suggestion, get a new 360, and try
    to move your content to the new console. I'm not sure if the new Slim consoles will be able to grab content from an old 360 HDD from the white console, but It might be possible.

I hope everything works out.
  6. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

Glitched hard drives

7. davemcfly85 Win User

Hard Drive not Detected

nope sorry ONLY 3rd party bootleg transfer cables do this MS ones do not, you had a bootleg cable to be fair they look VERY convincing (they even have real looking stickers).
  8. BxXFINEZT B3B0 Win User

Hard Drive not Detected

I had this problem i just connected it with the data transfer cable and it worked but doesent work as a main memory
  9. MaRCuS FeNiX 03 Win User

Hard Drive not Detected

I realize this thread is old, but I was having an issue with my Xbox 360 Slim, Glossy made in 2010.

I removed my hard drive 1 time very carefully and re-inserted i. When I powered on the xbox I got error e68. I unplugged and replugged everything in and it worked but my hard drive was not detected. It turns out that the SATA cable that goes into the back
    if the hard drive somehow got unplugged, That fixed my xbox. Just to help anyone who has this issue.
Thema:

1. No Hard drives can be detected - Similar Threads - Hard drives detected

2. Xbox not seeing folders or files in SeaGate BUP BK USB Device, but detects the hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox not seeing folders or files in SeaGate BUP BK USB Device, but detects the hard drive: Hello, As stated in the title, my xboxes can't see any of the files in my SeaGate external hard drive. The Xbox detects the drive and it says "Ready to Use," but the Media Player doesn't see any...
  3. External hard drive detection issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive detection issue: I know this subject has been beaten to death but heres the thing: I wanted to record gameplay longer than the standard 10 mins. Bought the external hard drive - wd my passport 4tb usb external...
  4. External hard drive not detected

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive not detected: I have done all of the troubleshooting options. Maxdigital hd250u3-c usb 3.0 7f64a946-1617-422c-9dd2-f0e41515e919
  5. My hard drive has suddenly stopped working but is still detected on my console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My hard drive has suddenly stopped working but is still detected on my console: I recently purchased a seagate 1TB external hard drive. I set it up and formatted it to my xbox and it was working well but it had stopped working. The name of the hard drive was no longer shown...
  6. Fantom Drives external snap-on hard drive not detected by Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fantom Drives external snap-on hard drive not detected by Xbox: yo. Got myself a 2TB snap-on external hard drive for my original Xbox One. I can't set it up at all since the process for doing so requires the console to detect the hard drive and give me the...
  7. My Xbox One has just randomly stopped detecting External Hard Drives

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One has just randomly stopped detecting External Hard Drives: About a year ago, I brought a Seagate 1tb External Hard Drive that has been working for over a year. But all of a sudden it has just stopped working i have tried: 1: Rebooting my Console 2:...
  8. external hard drive detection issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    external hard drive detection issue: so I got a hard drive a while ago, and decided to plug it in now. It worked at first, but then it it disconnected, and then immediately reconnected. it keeps doing it and i don't know whether its...
  9. Xbox One not detecting External Hard Drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One not detecting External Hard Drive: My Xbox One is not detecting my external hard drive which has my other games and apps. I tried resetting the console but it still won't detect the hard drive. Now I don't know what else to do....
  10. External Seagate Hard Drive Not being detected

in XBoX Games and Apps
    External Seagate Hard Drive Not being detected: Hello This going to be quite a long post so apologises in advance Hope that anyone reading this is having a good day. So I have a bit of a situation with my seagate external hard drive. I was...