No longer able to pick up my microphone on the xbox. The mic works on other devices.

Discus and support No longer able to pick up my microphone on the xbox. The mic works on other devices. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi guys, Really appreciate some help here. I have a Turtle beach ca amp pro with headset. Everything set up and working as it should for 12 months.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DeLiiVeRaNcE, Jan 3, 2020.

1. DeLiiVeRaNcE
    DeLiiVeRaNcE Guest

No longer able to pick up my microphone on the xbox. The mic works on other devices.

Hi guys,

Really appreciate some help here. I have a Turtle beach ca amp pro with headset.

Everything set up and working as it should for 12 months. Until today, I have plugged a microphone into my pc today and The xbox companion app has picked this up so I just pressed ok. since then I can't speak on the xbox through my tac amp. it's really
    weird. The headset is fully working and the chat cable is not broken. I've tested these with other devices. How do I reverse this?, I can see no options to fix this on the xbox or the companion App :/

Many thanks,

Ian.

:)

DeLiiVeRaNcE, Jan 3, 2020
  2. DeLiiVeRaNcE Win User

Hello,

My controller is upto date. When I use the xbox chat adapter then plug in the headset direct it works. when i go through the tac amp it doesnt work. But, the tac amp is fine. tried this on my pc and nothing is wrong I can talk and hear. since I
    allowed the boom mic to access the xbox companion app it's all gone haywire. I tried calling xbox but the person I spoke to only spoke broken english and could not understand me. she just hung up after 40 minutes of waiting :/

Painfull!!
  3. XA JJKILLERs Win User

Hi guys,

Really appreciate some help here. I have a Turtle beach ca amp pro with headset.

Everything set up and working as it should for 12 months. Until today, I have plugged a microphone into my pc today and The xbox companion app has picked this up so I just pressed ok. since then I can't speak on the xbox through my tac amp. it's really
    weird. The headset is fully working and the chat cable is not broken. I've tested these with other devices. How do I reverse this?, I can see no options to fix this on the xbox or the companion App :/

Many thanks,

Ian.
    Have you checked for updates on the controller

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/update-xbox-wireless-controller
  4. Noahgriff Win User

Hello, If this still is not working after using the other suggestions. I recommend you vising the store in which you got the controller from to see if is still on Warranty. That way you can get a replacement.
  5. DeLiiVeRaNcE Win User

Why, the controller works? its some kind of background settings issue I think that the xbox companion app has changed when accepting use of a mic from my pc.

All the hardware works when cross checked. it can only be a software issue :/
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Headset

Hi Sam,

Since the mic is not working on two different controllers, then it's possible the mic itself is malfunctioning. Have tested the headset on another device to confirm the mic works? Try it with a phone on a voice call or try it on a PC or tablet on a Skype
    call or some other method in confirming others can hear you with that same headset on another device.

Try the headset with another device and let us know that the microphone is working correctly.
Thema:

1. No longer able to pick up my microphone on the xbox. The mic works on other devices. - Similar Threads - longer able pick

2. No longer able to customize Xbox Profile picture on new Xbox app

in XboX Insiders
    No longer able to customize Xbox Profile picture on new Xbox app: Is there any way to change my profile picture from the new Xbox app? On the old app, I was able to do it perfectly fine and now I don't even get an option. submitted by /u/KingoCrimsono [link]...
  3. No longer able to access a game I’ve bought previously

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No longer able to access a game I’ve bought previously: Several years ago, i bought Skyrim on my Xbox 360. Recently, when i tried to play it abain for the first time in months, i received an error message, so i uninstalled it with the intent to...
  4. Need help: After last Xbox OS update I am no longer able to hear any other players

in XboX Insiders
    Need help: After last Xbox OS update I am no longer able to hear any other players: I'm 100% certain this problem started after the latest console update, but when I enter a party I can see the other party members profile pics illuminate to show they are talking, but I hear...
  5. No longer able to launch downloaded games that I purchased.

in XBoX on Consoles
    No longer able to launch downloaded games that I purchased.: Several games (Forza Horizon 4) and other... fail to launch app on Xbox OneX. Any ideas on how to overcome this? Have tried all of the standard trouble shooting steps Microsoft offers....
  6. No longer able to view my achievements

in XBoX on Consoles
    No longer able to view my achievements: My console is working just fine, my connection to the internet and XBox live is working just fine. Apps are okay, games are okay. Everything is - at the moment! - working. But I cannot view my...
  7. No longer able to use Dev Mode (beta)

in XboX Insiders
    No longer able to use Dev Mode (beta): Not sure if there was an update that triggered this recently because I haven't used it in at least a month, but when I tried to switch to dev mode earlier it now prompts me with the "activate...
  8. No longer able to join parties or see when friends come online.

in XBoX on Consoles
    No longer able to join parties or see when friends come online.: I have an issue where: I do not receive notifications of friends coming on line I do not receive party invites I can not join a party or game of a friend via the menus (the options are grayed...
  9. Gameshare not gamesharing all games + No longer able to set home console.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gameshare not gamesharing all games + No longer able to set home console.: Hello all, I hope you are doing well. So let me start off by saying me and my friend have previously been game sharing for a couple of years and never had any problems. Recently he was forced to...
  10. I'm no longer able to play "Rise of the Tomb Raider" on Gamepass.

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm no longer able to play "Rise of the Tomb Raider" on Gamepass.: I went to play the game "Rise of the Tomb Raider" and it now says. Rise of the Tomb Raider is currently not available in your account. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001 My...