no microphone on child account

Discus and support no microphone on child account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I can't get the microphone to work. Any suggestions? Equipment: Xbox One S; XBox standard controller; pdp AG9+ headset If I start a party on the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CaryClark1, May 10, 2019.

1. CaryClark1
    CaryClark1 Guest

I can't get the microphone to work. Any suggestions?

Equipment: Xbox One S; XBox standard controller; pdp AG9+ headset

If I start a party on the child's account, the mic doesn't work.

I can start a party on the parent's account and the mic works fine.

The child's age is 13; all permissions are enabled.

I've tried all the family settings to make sure that the child has permissions to chat. The child can hear other friends, but they can't hear him.

Settings shows that the mic is on and the volume is turned up.

The screen shows the headset and microphone, enabled, next to the battery.

Speaking into the microphone is echoed in the headset earphones.

I've tried restarting multiple times.

I've tried different controllers (the controller works reliably with the parent account.)

The mic worked for the child the first day he plugged it in; don't know what changed to make it stop working.

:)

CaryClark1, May 10, 2019
  2. CaryClark1 Win User

Some additional information:

- this is not a hardware problem. The microphone works fine on the parents account

- I created a new child account and gave it exactly the same permissions as the child account that does not work.

The microphone works fine on the newly created child account.

The party feedback showing that microphone works shows up for an instant when switching to the account that does not work.

I tried resetting all family settings for the account that does not work, but that did not make a difference.
  3. fearsome fairy1 Win User

Is it showing the mic is active? If so if the mic still doesnt work after removing the account and placing the account back onto the account, make sure the party the child is in hasnt been muted, we had the similar situation and turned out that someone in
    the party had muted my child in the party. Hope this helps x
  4. Toshi Natsu Win User

Did you double check the family settings? Also, Could have been some sort of malfunction from plugging and unplugging microphone. Maybe take an air blower and use it on the bottom part of the controller. If non of these work I would recommend going to
    your nearest Microsoft Store. The service advisors there are great and would be more than happy to assist you in this matter.
  5. {Parity} Win User

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely.
    Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
    Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.
  6. CaryClark1 Win User

I found a workaround. By assigning going to the working child's account, then Setttings : System : Devices & accessories : Headset : and changing 'Assigned to' to the working child's account, the non-working child's account now works. Bizarre. But it fixes
    my problem.
Thema:

1. no microphone on child account - Similar Threads - microphone child account

2. Unable to find microphone for these users!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to find microphone for these users!: So like everyone one here on this forum, i’ve run into this problem on my console. I’ve done every step. From hard reseting, to a system reboot, to etc and they all don’t work. I also bought a new...
  3. disable microphone on x box

in XBoX Games and Apps
    disable microphone on x box: disable microphone on x box 3ea302c0-9beb-49af-8f24-5e3b0ef9963e
  4. Game DVR not recording microphone.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game DVR not recording microphone.: Hello, I have a xbox one s and I'm using the build-in recorder (Game DVR) but it do not recording my microphone (I have a headset with mic directly plug into the xbox controller) I record using...
  5. Microphone not working in recording.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone not working in recording.: Hello, I tried to make videos on Youtube from Xbox games, I do not hear my voice during the recordings, I tried in a group and they too I do not hear in the recording. How to do ?...
  6. XBOX on Windows 10 - Microphone does not work

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX on Windows 10 - Microphone does not work: Hi, we have setup a new gamer PC from scratch and installed windows 10. Everything works fine to the point that windows recognised all Audio, can test headset and microphone OK. However the...
  7. Problema con micrófono en aplicación Xbox para Windows 10 (Problem with microphone in Xbox...

in XBoX on Windows
    Problema con micrófono en aplicación Xbox para Windows 10 (Problem with microphone in Xbox...: Buenas tardes, tengo un problema desde hace unos días con mi headset a la hora de jugar. Hace unas semanas adquirí el juego de Gears of War 4 en la Microsoft Store, así que decidí jugar partidas...
  8. Xbox One S - Microphone Icon Always Muted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S - Microphone Icon Always Muted: Xbox One - Microphone Icon Always Muted my headset has stopped working, both in terms of the microphone and the earphones. I have swapped the headset out for another two other headsets, and...
  9. Plantronics Rig Microphone not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Plantronics Rig Microphone not working: Hi I recently purchased a Plantronics rig 400pro head set, when i plug it into the controller i the mic didn't work i took it back and the shop replaced it. The new headset has the same issue....
  10. Muted microphone symbol

in XBoX on Consoles
    Muted microphone symbol: Hi, We have an xbox one that has recently stopped allowing my son to chat with his friends. The microphone symbol is showing with a line through it at all times. I have done some research into...