no microphone on child account

Discus and support no microphone on child account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I can't get the microphone to work. Any suggestions? Equipment: Xbox One S; XBox standard controller; pdp AG9+ headset If I start a party on the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CaryClark1, May 10, 2019.

1. CaryClark1
    CaryClark1 Guest

I can't get the microphone to work. Any suggestions?

Equipment: Xbox One S; XBox standard controller; pdp AG9+ headset

If I start a party on the child's account, the mic doesn't work.

I can start a party on the parent's account and the mic works fine.

The child's age is 13; all permissions are enabled.

I've tried all the family settings to make sure that the child has permissions to chat. The child can hear other friends, but they can't hear him.

Settings shows that the mic is on and the volume is turned up.

The screen shows the headset and microphone, enabled, next to the battery.

Speaking into the microphone is echoed in the headset earphones.

I've tried restarting multiple times.

I've tried different controllers (the controller works reliably with the parent account.)

The mic worked for the child the first day he plugged it in; don't know what changed to make it stop working.

:)

CaryClark1, May 10, 2019
  2. CaryClark1 Win User

Some additional information:

- this is not a hardware problem. The microphone works fine on the parents account

- I created a new child account and gave it exactly the same permissions as the child account that does not work.

The microphone works fine on the newly created child account.

The party feedback showing that microphone works shows up for an instant when switching to the account that does not work.

I tried resetting all family settings for the account that does not work, but that did not make a difference.
  3. DrifterX22 Win User

You may have a restriction set in the account.

Set content restrictions on Windows 10 and Xbox One
    Applies to: Microsoft account

Content restrictions help keep the kids in your Microsoft family safer on Windows 10 and Xbox One devices. Here's a few ways to use them, and some related safety features:

Answer kids’ requests to change content restrictions in email, or if you share a device – say, a family Xbox One or Windows 10 PC – you can approve their requests on the spot. Of course, you can always respond to all
    requests anytime on
    account.microsoft.com/family

Tips

• After you’ve set content restrictions for your child, it’s a good idea to turn on Activity reporting so you get weekly reports of their online activity. You can block or allow things right from the report. Go to
      account.microsoft.com/family and sign in with your Microsoft account, then find your child’s name and select
      Activity.
    • To keep track of what your child buys, go to
      account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with your Microsoft account. Find your child’s name, then select
      More options > Spending to view purchase history and payment options, or put money in their Microsoft account.
  4. xShyBoo Win User

They may have manually muted it through Xbox itself.. there's an option for it at settings > audio. you have the option to mute the mic there..

I also recall someone telling me they have to have the people added as a friend to talk to them? idk if that's true
  5. Ov3R fR4g Uk Win User

Im sure child accounts are locking from communicating to anyone but friends on the account. Give it a quick check on the xbox and see what restrictions are placed on the account.
  6. CaryClark1 Win User

Delete account. Recover account. Will work
    This did not work for me. In the end, I assigned the headset to the parent instead of the child, allowing the child to use the microphone when logged in.

In addition to this Xbox bug, it would be great to add a feature to permit testing the microphone similar to the way the controller permits testing its buttons. When there are so many possible ways for this to go wrong, it is frustrating to have very little
    assistance from the console to narrow down the possibilities.
Thema:

1. no microphone on child account - Similar Threads - microphone child account

2. does not detect the microphone well

in XBoX on Consoles
    does not detect the microphone well: My control detects the microphone, but in the group it is not heard even in Skype, but it is monitored if it is heard but very low a95b5696-c060-4f71-8f2b-5191368f888a
  3. Microphone

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microphone: I am about to get a Mic for streaming and I want to know to if I can get a USB mic for the Xbox one s or do I have to get a Microphone with a head set? 0eb47471-5dc4-4db6-926e-5107a4901fbd
  4. Unable to unmute the microphone

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to unmute the microphone: Muted microphone icon appears on screen and I am unable to remove it to use headset. How should this be resolved? d74a4324-c39c-4098-a4dd-6435dc6137a5
  5. Microphone on Xbox app Windows 10 making fuzzy very loud noise.

in XBoX on Windows
    Microphone on Xbox app Windows 10 making fuzzy very loud noise.: Hello, I have been having this problem for a while now and it is very irritating because i cannot talk to my Xbox friends on my PC so I hope someone can help me. My problem is that whenever i...
  6. Xbox One S microphone icon stuck on mute

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S microphone icon stuck on mute: At the beginning of June this year I noticed my Kotion Each G1000 headset and xbox headset adapter was no longer producing sound. A week earlier i was playing Sea of Thieves with my brother having...
  7. Game bar de-selecting microphone options

in XBoX on Windows
    Game bar de-selecting microphone options: When ever i open game bar in a game the microphone is defaulted to be off while recording. So when i turn on the option to turn on mic while recording that option turns back off on its own. I...
  8. Microphone instantly muted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone instantly muted: Hi, My head set is constantly showing that it is muted. It is the same on both controller pads.I have have bought a xbox head set and still have same problems.The head set used to work with no...
  9. Microphone doesn’t work on Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone doesn’t work on Xbox One S: Hi all. Long post here, so apologies. I bought an Xbox One S just before Christmas 2018. I had a 360 for some time but didn’t pursue the One when my friends did. I missed the old days of gaming,...
  10. Microphone issues?

in XboX Insiders
    Microphone issues?: Since the update a week ago my microphone has stop working on xbox. Everything works on my head set but my voice chat is not being transmitted to parties or game chat unless i use the xbox app on...