No modding = not subscribing to gamepass

Discus and support No modding = not subscribing to gamepass in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Xbox Game Pass just about convinced me. I took the 1 month $1 trial and decided that it was probably well worth the $10 per month. That's no easy feat,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SquarelyCircle, Dec 2, 2021.

1. No modding = not subscribing to gamepass

Xbox Game Pass just about convinced me. I took the 1 month $1 trial and decided that it was probably well worth the $10 per month. That's no easy feat, as I literally have thousands of games on Steam. I'm a hardheaded Steam defender, and I roll my eyes every time something tries to dethrone Steam. So, it was a pleasant surprise to feel that Xbox Game Pass might be on to something.

I recently downloaded Subnautica Below Zero. With the original Subnautica, I was able to mod it to my liking. I was preparing to do the same with SBZ, but Xbox game pass locks down the files so hard that you literally can't even open the directory. Although there are workarounds for some games, these workarounds are questionably secure. Furthermore, they do not work with SBZ.

Is there any plan to expand user control? I know that some games can have modding "activated" but that is a really terrible system, as depicted by the fact that I can't mod SBZ.

As a side note, I've already subscribed for this month, but this is the last month they'll get a dime from me until their system allows for the mods that every other system allows. I should've rolled my eyes at them like I was tempted to. Maybe in a decade they'll be as good as Steam is now. Now I'm wishing I hadn't subscribed.

:)

SquarelyCircle, Dec 2, 2021
  2. SquarelyCircle Win User

This is great news. Where can I keep my eyes out to follow developments on this front?

I intend to follow through on not subscribing anymore, but I'll happily reverse course once this becomes a thing.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Microsoft will soon allow games to be installed in a folder of your choice if the game supports it. Also, modding is coming to game pass as well, again the game has to support it.
  4. Christyna64 Win User

I can’t Buy an Xbox Game pass

The Gamepass promotion is for new subscribers.
  5. coco meat train Win User

gamepass help

Both XBL Gold and Gamepass “stack.” I’ve got Gamepass subscribed up through 2021.
  6. KellPacoc Win User

Xbox gamepass ultimate

This is a promotion for new subscribers of the ultimate gamepass.
Thema:

1. No modding = not subscribing to gamepass - Similar Threads - modding subscribing gamepass

2. Warzone issues, Call of (Mod Removed)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Warzone issues, Call of (Mod Removed): Since this game came out everybody freezes at the buy stations. It's nice they can work on stupid things like the battle pass yet they can't fix simple glitches. And since this last update every...
  3. Mod load order for skyrim

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mod load order for skyrim: I have Skyrim modded but do not understand how to create correct the load order I have read hundreds and hundreds of hours on how to do it and I'm still too dumb to understand can someone please...
  4. Tutorial de Mods Minecraft Bedrock edition.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Tutorial de Mods Minecraft Bedrock edition.: https://docs.microsoft.com/pt-br/minecraft/creator/documents/entitymodelingandanimation Neste link está citando uma parte do tutorial, porém não pude compreende-lo, pois há partes sem explicação,...
  5. So don't point out mods' abuse of power, and don't talk about Windows 10/11 Xbox Insider issues

in XboX Insiders
    So don't point out mods' abuse of power, and don't talk about Windows 10/11 Xbox Insider issues: Not that I am surprised that my last post was removed, but let's just run down the list so far: Original post - trying to get more information on the game beta sign up process through the Xbox...
  6. Minecraft garbage-ware - you pay and you can't find it, download, play nothing (Mod Removed)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft garbage-ware - you pay and you can't find it, download, play nothing (Mod Removed): It is hard to believe I'd give MS $50, I am insulted by my profile which on one page does not show I bought the game but another that does. Where is the (Mod Removed) game? What kind of moron...
  7. pasta de mods do slime rancher

in XBoX Games and Apps
    pasta de mods do slime rancher: eu ja tentei varias vezes entra na pasta de mods do slime rancher e não consigo não sei oq fazer quando tento abri pelo windows apps fala que nao tenho permição fiquei 1 dia inteiro tentando e não...
  8. Nephew purchased mods without logging into Microsoft account ps4

in XBoX on Windows
    Nephew purchased mods without logging into Microsoft account ps4: So my nephew loves minecraft and didn't realize he wasn't logged into his Microsoft account when he purchased all these mods. He is freaking out super upset at the idea of losing everything. Is...
  9. trying to use mods on project wingman PC causes crash on startup

in XboX Insiders
    trying to use mods on project wingman PC causes crash on startup: so im trying to mod project wingman and whenever i try to add the mods i get a low level fatal error with UE4/serial size mismatch. i think the issue is xbox doesnt like the extra file thinking...
  10. impossible de souscrire a XBGP PC [Mod Translation - unable to subscribe to XBGP PC]

in XBoX on Windows
    impossible de souscrire a XBGP PC [Mod Translation - unable to subscribe to XBGP PC]: Bonjour, Je suis actuellement abonné au Xbox Game pass utltimate et ce jusqu'au 15 Mars. Je souhaite migrer vers l'abonnement XBox game pass PC 3.99e mais impossible de le faire. Je n'ai la...