No option to disable TV Audio headset connected?

Discus and support No option to disable TV Audio headset connected? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I just bought a SteelSeries Astist 9X wireless headset and I can't seem to find any option to do this. It's hard for me to believe that Microsoft has... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by PresidentJokers, Jun 8, 2021.

1. No option to disable TV Audio headset connected?

I just bought a SteelSeries Astist 9X wireless headset and I can't seem to find any option to do this. It's hard for me to believe that Microsoft has not come to the (common sense) conclusion of putting in an option to have a checkbox for "Disable TV audio when headset is connected". This is a complete failing of the UI department...

I'm seeing posts of people suggesting "Mute your TV" but 90% of all modern TVs display a mute icon on the TV the entire time it is muted. So unless Microsoft wants to Ruin my game experience by having an icon on the TV all the time, then don't see how this is intended...

Other suggestions are turning the volume way down. This is also not a viable option when turning on an Xbox in the middle of the night when everybody is sleeping you shouldn't have to be concerned about blasting speakers. Not to mention no one should have to sit there for the duration of turning the volume all the way down every single time they go to use their Xbox. When all that is required is a Check Box in an options menu.

:)

PresidentJokers, Jun 8, 2021
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Having a checkbox to mute your TV would be good, but for now, turning the volume down on the TV is the only way to go. You could also post this on the ideas subreddit page here https://bit.ly/3c5nBf0
  3. Continue using my Co Win User

Xbox 360 Audio Output Not Working!

A gaming headset such as the one you are using will not override the audio supplied via the HDMI cable to your TV regardless of what audio connection you are using for the headset.

Meaning, you can use the speakers on your tv while the headset is connected and even when they are both on. There should be no reason for you to have to unplug your headset in order to listen to your TV's built in speakers.

You should not be having any issues while using the HDMI out on your Xbox 360 to your TV to hear the audio on your TV while using your gaming headset connected via either the optical TOSlink connection on the back of your Xbox 360, using the Xbox 360 audio
    adapter dongle or using the audio output that may be available on tv.

If you cannot hear any audio on your TV then you may had to look into the audio settings on your TV and see if you have disabled anything such as the speakers. Sometimes there are options where you can set the speakers to off so that only the audio output
    connection is used. Refer to your TV's manual if you don't know where to look.

The other poster's suggestion to look into Preferences is ONLY for Xbox LIVE voice communication and NOT for game/system audio.

Good luck.
  4. Zenosos Win User

Sound

5. JoeyZarra Win User

headset output is selected, but it still plays through tv

I know what your talking about, but that option is comparing chat audio to game audio, not headset to tv. To clarify, the chat audio is fine and never lags; its the game audio
  6. Internet Expert Win User

Switch from headset to TV speaker

Thema:

1. No option to disable TV Audio headset connected? - Similar Threads - option disable Audio

2. Option to disable quick resume or fix it

in XboX Insiders
    Option to disable quick resume or fix it: it sounds good in theory buts it’s the worst thing to happen to online xbox games, because closing game doesn’t turn off quick resume for it so if I play an online game I need to keep force turn...
  3. Why don’t we have an option to disable Super Sampling? Huge input lag and FPS boost

in XboX Insiders
    Why don’t we have an option to disable Super Sampling? Huge input lag and FPS boost: With the new gen consoles on the shelves, aiming at higher frame rates, lower input lag and solid hardware we should have the option to disable Super Sampling especially on XSX where it renders...
  4. Please an option to disable "Quick resume"

in XboX Insiders
    Please an option to disable "Quick resume": Ok it can be nice but in my opinion the SeriesX is fast enough to not bother getting the issues it brings... submitted by /u/lephilou [link] [comments]
  5. How do I disable the option to for an account to remove other accounts?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I disable the option to for an account to remove other accounts?: I have multiple accounts on my xbox but other accounts can simply remove the adult account from the xbox. how do I disable that option? 776d83f7-6d04-4617-b71f-561206ff6085
  6. Option to disable "Suggested Friends"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Option to disable "Suggested Friends": Please add an option to disable the "Suggested Friends/For You" feature, I do not want to see it. I also do not want my information to show up on anyone else's console, phone, or computer. As far...
  7. Disable the option to delete a game

in XBoX Accessibility
    Disable the option to delete a game: How do i prevent my child from deleting games and installing games that are "Ready to Install"? 6ed86fc8-e17a-4d0f-9cfb-7ec6508e29ea
  8. Screen edges cut off, TV setting to adjust disabled. Need options on new TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screen edges cut off, TV setting to adjust disabled. Need options on new TV: So on quite a few games that I lay, the screen is chopped off on all sides. I have looked up how to fix it, but since the games do not have an adjust setting, I have to use the TV's. That being...
  9. Screen edges cut off, TV setting to adjust disabled. Need options on new TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screen edges cut off, TV setting to adjust disabled. Need options on new TV: So on quite a few games that I lay, the screen is chopped off on all sides. I have looked up how to fix it, but since the games do not have an adjust setting, I have to use the TV's. That being...
  10. Greyed out options in profiles: send friend request/disable audio. Can't block/report/see ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Greyed out options in profiles: send friend request/disable audio. Can't block/report/see ...: Ok what's going on? Is it only me? When I play online, check the list of recent players, select a player and check his profile: - I don't see his profile picture - Add friend and disable audio...