No payment option available when trying to get a xbox 360 game via Gold live for xbox one

Discus and support No payment option available when trying to get a xbox 360 game via Gold live for xbox one in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey there! I've been trying to get " Tekken tag tournament 2", since it's free on gold now. Thing is, after I select it and click see price, then I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SlavThing, Sep 20, 2019.

1. SlavThing
    SlavThing Guest

No payment option available when trying to get a xbox 360 game via Gold live for xbox one

Hey there!

I've been trying to get " Tekken tag tournament 2", since it's free on gold now. Thing is, after I select it and click see price, then I click continue, there are no payment options available, event though I have double checked my billing adress and payment
    option ( credit/debit card ) in my profile, both are there. I even have my location right. Still no luck. I even tried buying it through the microsoft site via pc, same problem. It just won't work. Is there any known solution to this? Cause i've been googling
    it and there is nothing speciffic.

:)

SlavThing, Sep 20, 2019
  2. WPAK Win User

Your account is unable to make this type of purchase on Xbox.com. Please complete this transaction..

Hi there,

even though the Xbox 360 games are free, they will require a valid payment option to be present on the account when a free 360 is purchased via xbox.com or Xbox One console etc.

The payment option needs to match the account region too. I assume it's only meant for some verification, it will not be charged though.

Please check http://account.microsoft.com to see if a valid payment option is available on your account if none is available the only way you might be able to get this 360 game is via an Xbox 360 console.
  3. Darkmagik007 Win User

Getting Xbox 360 games without credit card?

As far as my experience goes Xbox 360 games with gold needs a valid payment option for you to avail.

The easiest way is to put your payment info example credit card then after getting the game just remove payment/billing options via Microsoft website
  4. SlavThing Win User

Thank you for your answer. That's sad news, but still, good to know. To be honest, it's kinda dodgy that microsoft says that you can play these games on your xbox one and offers them for free via gold live. Would be great to know you can't actualy play
    them without owning a 360.
  5. XBF Ruben D Win User

Hello SlavThing,

Thank you for replying back. In this regard, as I had stated before, you will need to download the Xbox 360 game from an actual Xbox 360. This happens, as I stated before, if you've never had your profile previously downloaded on an Xbox 360. The Xbox
    360 marketplace is different from the Xbox One marketplace and if you're profile has never interacted with it before on an actual 360 it will not allow you to download a 360 BWC game from an Xbox One or PC.

If you have any other questions please feel free to reply back letting us know. Thank you again for posting on Xbox Forums.
  6. SlavThing Win User

Does it work when you're buying a xbox one compatible xbox 360 game?
Thema:

1. No payment option available when trying to get a xbox 360 game via Gold live for xbox one - Similar Threads - payment option available

2. Adding a new payment option.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Adding a new payment option.: Hello, I have a problem with adding the phone payment option. When I enter my orange number it is written that it is incorrect. And it is correct because I entered 10 times correctly. I also tried...
  3. "Add payment option" bug

in XBoX Accessibility
    "Add payment option" bug: Hi there, As support chat is unreachable and nobody called me when scheduling a support call, I'm reaching out to you good people. I am unable to buy anything on the Xbox marketplace. Every...
  4. Payment option

in XBoX on Consoles
    Payment option: i have a question to microsoft. Why can’t use my microsoft account to pay up my past due? It is because you need another way to make sure that have money to pay for my subscription?...
  5. I can’t add a different payment option

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t add a different payment option: I need to pay off xbox live gold but my card is being declined and it won’t let me add a different card d4c438af-b496-46ac-9f4f-9e913d2ac734
  6. “No valid payment options available” for Backwards Compatibility.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    “No valid payment options available” for Backwards Compatibility.: So whenever I go to buy a backwards compatible title, it shows the prices of it in £ but then it all of a sudden it switches to US dollars and says i have no valid payment options available. I’m...
  7. Billing payment option issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Billing payment option issue: I am trying to use bill to mobile as a payment option in xbox store, I select Verizon and enter my number and it gives me an error saying "something went wrong try back later". Microsoft support...
  8. How can I pay an outstanding balance if I do not have the payment option of pay pal and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I pay an outstanding balance if I do not have the payment option of pay pal and...: A month ago I bought an offer of a game pass subscription to o.53 US cents that in the currency of my country would be 10 pesos (the currency of my country) and now it appears to me that I have...
  9. Not receiving verifacation text to set up optus as a payment option

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Not receiving verifacation text to set up optus as a payment option: I have checked that the number is correct and have tried this multiple times now I checked that the regions matched and have made sure tht my phone is not blocking it as spam please help...
  10. gold membership not recognized, payment option not available to buy new game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    gold membership not recognized, payment option not available to buy new game.: I bought xbox live gold on January 30th 2014. I sign in on my xbox 360 and it says I don't have it. Also, my visa is saved as a payment option on my microsoft account yet it doesn't come up as a...