No signal

Discus and support No signal in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi I just purchased a xbox one s took it out of the box attached the power and hdmi cord turned it on by pressing the button on the controller. The... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LaneSchnell, Jul 30, 2019.

1. LaneSchnell
    LaneSchnell Guest

No signal

Hi I just purchased a xbox one s took it out of the box attached the power and hdmi cord turned it on by pressing the button on the controller. The icon on the xbox lit up as it turned on then slightly dimmed but remained on and steady. The tv then
    says no signal and after about 30 to 60 seconds the xbox shut off while the icon on the controller continues to flash for another minute before turning off.

The controller will no longer turn the console on but just has a flashing icon. I have tried holding the power button for 10 seconds as well as unplugging it for 10 seconds, tried other TVs, and switching the hdmi cord around. Any ideas on what might
    be wrong and how to fix it?

:)

LaneSchnell, Jul 30, 2019
  2. Mister Ohnaka Win User

No signal

Hey Harp,

Hmm.. Can you provide a bit more detail on what you think caused this? So your lady was just watching a DVD, turned it off, and when you turned it on, it wasn't working?

Besides that "Y"+"RT" trick, there is no other way to reset the settings without a display. Do you have another TV to test this on? That way we can try and isolate either the TV, or the console.

Let us know, and we can go from there.
  3. SaltyPup1921006 Win User

"no signal"

I have this issue too. I also have the issue that when it does show on the screen it is stuck on the green loading screen. I did a reset where you turn it on then quickly hold the reset and the link button about 4x. It temporarily fixes it but then it happens
    all over again. Very frustrating..
  4. MaxOSX Win User

No signal

I have the same issue, and have already had the xbox replaced by Microsoft. Contacting support has not been helpful, as they ask me what I see on screen when I just told them I don't see anything but "No Signal" -_- Because its been 2 Xbox Ones in a row,
    I'm not sure I trust any of them work properly or if I have to try and send it in again and hope a 3rd one finally works, I just don't have that much trust anymore after the bad support I've received.
  5. Internet Expert Win User

No signal

This is the official support article with all of the possible steps you can try to troubleshoot a blank screen: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/tv-or-monitor-screen-is-blank-while-connected

If you have exhausted all of the steps in that article, then your console may be defective. The best thing to try first is to get it exchanged with your retailer, as that is the fastest route to getting a replacement console.

Otherwise, you can schedule a repair here:
    https://devicesupport.microsoft.com

For more assistance, contact Xbox Support (choose phone or chat):
    https://support.xbox.com/contact-us
  6. Slapchopsuey Win User

No signal

try unplugging the hdmi andplugging it back in
Thema:

No signal

1. No signal - Similar Threads - signal

2. Xbox one x No signal again !!!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one x No signal again !!!: Since I have my xbox one x sent to Microsoft the second times , my third "new" xbox one x finally didn't work again , and this exchange happened just half a month ago ...... Brief : things that...
  3. Have you noticed that Xbox is launching a Wi-Fi signal?

in XboX Insiders
    Have you noticed that Xbox is launching a Wi-Fi signal?: I have noticed that when I turn on the Wi-Fi of my cell phone or notebook, a Wi-Fi network called direct-xboxone appears I thought it was some new network near here but when I turn off my Xbox...
  4. Xbox360 not picking up hotspot signal?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox360 not picking up hotspot signal?: My Xbox recently stopped being able to pick up the hot spot from my phone. It was working but hasn't in a while. Any help to fix the problem. I feel like I have tried everything!...
  5. Video signal loss.

in XboX Insiders
    Video signal loss.: Since last 2 updates, worse after today's. Getting signal loss. Games, dash, whatever signal loss occurs, total black screen for a second or two then back on. It often repeats a few times then...
  6. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Samsung ru7100 43 inch uhd 4k tv loses xbox signal

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: Samsung ru7100 43 inch uhd 4k tv loses xbox signal: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Samsung ru7100 43 inch uhd 4k tv loses xbox signal I have enabled game mode and HDR plus signal on the tv. Even then it doesnt pick it up....
  7. Xbox One losing signal image

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One losing signal image: Hello everyone I will be brief, well I'm playing normally on Xbox and suddenly I lose the image but the console is still on and the game running there. Lately I've been forced to remove the HDMI...
  8. Xbox losing signal help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox losing signal help: hello everyone I'm having a little problem, my Xbox One S is missing sound. it happens the following way I turn on the console and play for a few minutes in about 10 to 30 minutes the screen turns...
  9. Epson 3010e: Xbox one s loses signal as soon as switched to 4k on a Hisense 50a6100uw UHD...

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Epson 3010e: Xbox one s loses signal as soon as switched to 4k on a Hisense 50a6100uw UHD...: Epson (Televisions) 3010e: Xbox one s loses signal as soon as switched to 4k on a Hisense 50a6100uw UHD 4k TV. Hisense isnt the best quality tv they make the low budget sharp brand with sharp...
  10. How do I fix Xbox One "No Signal" Problem?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix Xbox One "No Signal" Problem?: Before I get anyone asking, YES I tried every method provided by Microsoft, and all of the ones I could find on YouTube and none of them have even remotely worked. My Xbox One is the standard...