No sound from headset on Xbox One X

Discus and support No sound from headset on Xbox One X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi there, I've had my Xbox One X for five months now - it's my first console - and today I encountered a problem with my headset. I had been gaming,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Flip Dynko, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Flip Dynko
    Flip Dynko Guest

Hi there,

I've had my Xbox One X for five months now - it's my first console - and today I encountered a problem with my headset. I had been gaming, left the device alone for about half an hour while still being activated, but when I came back to it, I no longer had
    any sound coming through my headset. I was just using it for sound, not communication. Tried my girlfriend's controller - still nothing.

So, I fumbled a bit with the settings, searched for the issue on the web -
    this one
    hits quite close to home - and...

...I had sound coming through my headset again.

Albeit temporarily.

For my girlfriend's controller still gave no sound. And with the same settings, mine still did. And now mine's without sound again too!

As soon as you plug in a headset, sound is optimized for headsets. It says so in the settings menu.

Then why isn't this working?!

This issue has been eating my entire evening!

Please help.

By the way, we're using regular controllers and Turtle Beach headsets. That work finr on any other device, like my pc for example.

:)

Flip Dynko, Oct 20, 2019
  2. Flip Dynko Win User

I’ve had the same problem. I would connect the headset into the controller if it has a cord and turn it, sometimes it worked for me and sometimes i had to push it harder into the controller. In the end I still had to buy a new headset unfortunately.
    I had a hyper x cloud 9 headset and the mic broke, so i went on amazon and purchased a peozarr headset and it has the best sound. It is like $25, but they will send you a card to where you get another item of your choosing including a headset.
    Thank you so much for the reply, but the headset works fine. This morning, my controller again gave zero problems, but still no sound comes out of my girlfriends'.
  3. Skepticality Win User

Could there be a possibility that there may be a problem within the headset itself?
  4. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

5. XxMaryG36xX Win User

I’ve had the same problem. I would connect the headset into the controller if it has a cord and turn it, sometimes it worked for me and sometimes i had to push it harder into the controller. In the end I still had to buy a new headset unfortunately. I
    had a hyper x cloud 9 headset and the mic broke, so i went on amazon and purchased a peozarr headset and it has the best sound. It is like $25, but they will send you a card to where you get another item of your choosing including a headset.
  6. Thiago G bh Win User

pode ser a configuraçao de audio
Thema:

1. No sound from headset on Xbox One X - Similar Threads - sound headset

2. Xbox one headset no ingame sound, only "xbox-sound"

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one headset no ingame sound, only "xbox-sound": if i use my xbox headset i have no ingame sounds, no spotify... on my tv i have sound, but not on my headset. It was fine everyday, but only today its not working. i already tried different...
  3. Audio sound for headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio sound for headset: so i came on my xbox joined a party and it wasnt letting me talk. I wasnt communication banned. It wouldnt let me hear any party chat but i could hear game chat. So i went and brought a new mic...
  4. No sound via headset

in XboX Insiders
    No sound via headset: Since last nights update I can no longer hear console sound via my headset. I can hear party chat fine, but COD, twitch, adverts, none of them work via the headset but everything’s fine through...
  5. Gears of War 5 - Sound Problems (spoken text is to quiet with a headset)

in XBoX on Windows
    Gears of War 5 - Sound Problems (spoken text is to quiet with a headset): In Gears 5 I have the problem that the speech is too quiet via a 7.1 headset (Logitech G633). Does anyone have any idea why this might be? Or maybe even an idea how to correct that? Make the...
  6. Gear of wars 5 no sound with wireless headset

in XBoX on Windows
    Gear of wars 5 no sound with wireless headset: Heya i bought GoW 5 ultimate edition couple of days ago. When started it up and was going to play with a friend i dont get game sound at all. Im using a Corsair Void Pro wireless headset and the...
  7. No sound through my headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    No sound through my headset: so yesterday i was trying to fix another issue i had with my xbox... some days ago i suddenly couldn’t be in party chats, i would just get disconnected and kicked out. So i looked it up on google,...
  8. Lost sound through headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Lost sound through headset: My Xbox one had been playing sound through a wired headset plugged into the controller but recently stopped working - no sound and no mic. I have tried the headset in other devices and it is still...
  9. Xbox One Elite Controller - Headset Sound Flipped

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Elite Controller - Headset Sound Flipped: I dropped my standard Xbox controller from a height of 1-2ft and now it doesn't pick up sounds through the mic. I had exactly the same problem with my last controller and it makes it unusable. I...
  10. No sound from headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    No sound from headset: Hey, any help would be great but ever since the last xbox one update on the 15/8/2019 i have not been able to get my headset connected? Tried all the "fixes" like update controllers, update...