No sound from headset on Xbox One X

Discus and support No sound from headset on Xbox One X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi there, I've had my Xbox One X for five months now - it's my first console - and today I encountered a problem with my headset. I had been gaming,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Flip Dynko, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Flip Dynko
    Flip Dynko Guest

Hi there,

I've had my Xbox One X for five months now - it's my first console - and today I encountered a problem with my headset. I had been gaming, left the device alone for about half an hour while still being activated, but when I came back to it, I no longer had
    any sound coming through my headset. I was just using it for sound, not communication. Tried my girlfriend's controller - still nothing.

So, I fumbled a bit with the settings, searched for the issue on the web -
    this one
    hits quite close to home - and...

...I had sound coming through my headset again.

Albeit temporarily.

For my girlfriend's controller still gave no sound. And with the same settings, mine still did. And now mine's without sound again too!

As soon as you plug in a headset, sound is optimized for headsets. It says so in the settings menu.

Then why isn't this working?!

This issue has been eating my entire evening!

Please help.

By the way, we're using regular controllers and Turtle Beach headsets. That work finr on any other device, like my pc for example.

:)

Flip Dynko, Oct 20, 2019
  2. Flip Dynko Win User

I’ve had the same problem. I would connect the headset into the controller if it has a cord and turn it, sometimes it worked for me and sometimes i had to push it harder into the controller. In the end I still had to buy a new headset unfortunately.
    I had a hyper x cloud 9 headset and the mic broke, so i went on amazon and purchased a peozarr headset and it has the best sound. It is like $25, but they will send you a card to where you get another item of your choosing including a headset.
    Thank you so much for the reply, but the headset works fine. This morning, my controller again gave zero problems, but still no sound comes out of my girlfriends'.
  3. Skepticality Win User

Could there be a possibility that there may be a problem within the headset itself?
  4. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

5. XxMaryG36xX Win User

I’ve had the same problem. I would connect the headset into the controller if it has a cord and turn it, sometimes it worked for me and sometimes i had to push it harder into the controller. In the end I still had to buy a new headset unfortunately. I
    had a hyper x cloud 9 headset and the mic broke, so i went on amazon and purchased a peozarr headset and it has the best sound. It is like $25, but they will send you a card to where you get another item of your choosing including a headset.
  6. Thiago G bh Win User

pode ser a configuraçao de audio
Thema:

1. No sound from headset on Xbox One X - Similar Threads - sound headset

2. Headset only working as a MIC no sound coming through earpiece

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset only working as a MIC no sound coming through earpiece: Hi, I have 2 xboxs, an xbox 1s and an xbox 1x and this issue is happening on both of them. If i plug 2 different headsets in the 3.5mm jack the MIC works but the chat comes through the TV...
  3. Turtle Beach Recon 50X Headset Making buzzing sound on New XBOX One Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turtle Beach Recon 50X Headset Making buzzing sound on New XBOX One Controller: I have bought a new Xbox one controller 1 and a half weeks ago. I first heard the buzzing when I connected my headset to the controller. I thought the controller was broken and I got another...
  4. Xbox One Chat Headset (First gen) picking up sound but not picking up my audio

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One Chat Headset (First gen) picking up sound but not picking up my audio: I have the original left ear chat headset for the xbox one. Everything was working fine until yesterday when my friends couldn’t hear me when i was speaking in game and on party but i could hear...
  5. You can't use a dolby Atmos enabled sound bar while also having a headset base station BUG.

in XboX Insiders
    You can't use a dolby Atmos enabled sound bar while also having a headset base station BUG.: [IMG] submitted by /u/weed0monkey [link] [comments]
  6. Will it be 7.1 surround sound if i play xbox console companion on pc with 7.1 headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will it be 7.1 surround sound if i play xbox console companion on pc with 7.1 headset: I'm planning to buy logitech g933 because it 7.1 surround sound.I want to use 7.1 surround sound on xbox one.The xbox one can't use usb headset.Yeah,Xbox have dobly atmos but not very games.Most...
  7. Headset jack/sound no longer working on Xbox One Elite Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset jack/sound no longer working on Xbox One Elite Controller: Hello, From one minute to the next the headset jack/sound stopped working on our Xbox One Elite controller. We bought it from Target.com July, 2019. Not sure if it's still under warranty through...
  8. Headset sound issues on Xbox one x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset sound issues on Xbox one x: I've had my xbox one x since Christmas 2019 and just a couple days ago my headset sound stopped working but the Mic was working. I plugged the headset into my phone and the sound was fine. I tried...
  9. Xbox One Headset Adapter Causing Reversed Sounds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Headset Adapter Causing Reversed Sounds: I’m using the HyperX headset and the sounds are flipped. I reset the xbox with no change. I have tried multiple controllers with no luck, but because I have the elite controller I can plug in...
  10. No sound from TV or headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    No sound from TV or headset: I initially lost sound through my TV with my xbox, which I assumed was an issue with HDMI or my speakers, but I have now lost all audio output as my headset has no sound either. I have tried a...