No Sound on Game is Frustrating

Discus and support No Sound on Game is Frustrating in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox One X and I have recently purchased/downloaded Red Dead Redemption 2, Hitman Sniper, and Sniper 4. Problem is none of the gams have any... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CharleeCheez, Nov 13, 2018.

1. CharleeCheez
    CharleeCheez Guest

I have an Xbox One X and I have recently purchased/downloaded Red Dead Redemption 2, Hitman Sniper, and Sniper 4. Problem is none of the gams have any sound. I have followed the directions regarding audio/video settings and nothing works.

HELP someone...

:)

CharleeCheez, Nov 13, 2018
  2. SALISH SIX
    SALISH SIX Guest
    Halo 4 Sound Issues

no sound at all with Halo 4, everything works just fine on other xbox games, how frustrating

SALISH SIX, Nov 13, 2018
  3. Game Found!

^^^

That sounds really bad and frustrating. Hope get fixed soon and not copied to others games the way it is working right now,

IngameInstincts, Nov 13, 2018
  4. Frathos
    Frathos Guest

It's hard to offer advice without knowing what you are using, tell us about your setup. Are you trying to hear game sound on TV, headset or a receiver? What kind of TV, headset or receiver?

Frathos, Nov 13, 2018
  5. XBF Erick C
    XBF Erick C Guest
    Hey there Charlee

Sorry to hear you are running into this problem. Now are these new games the Only ones that are giving you audio problems or did the problem move on to All games on the console?

I would definitely test out different HDMI cords, different HDMI ports on the TV, and of course just test a different TV as well to see if anything changes.

If there is still no sound after trying out these different options it is possible that the console might need to be serviced. You can always go through

Device Support
    to register the console, check on the Warranty status, And of course set up the Repair order.

I hope this helps!

XBF Erick C, Nov 13, 2018
  6. We need to know brand of TV, are you using a soundbar/receiver or headset? Is the soundbar/receiver connected via optical/TOSlink or HDMI? Thanks.

MarsNeedsTacos, Nov 13, 2018
  7. Try reinstall the game and try clearing cache. Put
    your finger on the start button of the console for 10 seconds until it goes out.
    Then wait another 30 and turn it on again.
    After trying this, reinstall the game.
    It may work for you No Sound on Game is Frustrating :D.

Chyrola Cuello, Nov 13, 2018
  8. No Sound on Game is Frustrating

Have you tried changing the console sound settings under HDMI from stereo uncompressed to one of the other options and back again?

coco meat train, Nov 13, 2018
  9. Jurgen1488
    Jurgen1488 Guest
    Hi, try reinstalling the game.

Jurgen1488, Nov 13, 2018
  10. Hey there Charlee!

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing these issues with your games.

Since this is happening with all of the games, and none of the games are working after all the previously posted troubleshooting steps, then I would suggest something we call a soft reset of your console.
    It's a reset of your console back to factory settings but one that does not uninstall any of your games or apps and is a really good troubleshooting step for most issues.

Just make sure that before you go ahead with it, that you do know all of the sign-in information for any/all of your accounts(asthey
    will be removed) and have easy access to your internet network.

Also make sure that you select the option denoted
    reset and keep my games and apps.

Follow the steps here on
    How to reset your console to factory defaults on Xbox One
    and let us know how that helps with the issue

Thanks

XBF Esteban R, Nov 6, 2018
  11. XBF Esteban R Win User

Hey there Charlee!

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing these issues with your games.

Since this is happening with all of the games, and none of the games are working after all the previously posted troubleshooting steps, then I would suggest something we call a soft reset of your console.
    It's a reset of your console back to factory settings but one that does not uninstall any of your games or apps and is a really good troubleshooting step for most issues.

Just make sure that before you go ahead with it, that you do know all of the sign-in information for any/all of your accounts(asthey
    will be removed) and have easy access to your internet network.

Also make sure that you select the option denoted
    reset and keep my games and apps.

Follow the steps here on
    How to reset your console to factory defaults on Xbox One
    and let us know how that helps with the issue

Thanks
  12. Chyrola Cuello Win User

Try reinstall the game and try clearing cache. Put
    your finger on the start button of the console for 10 seconds until it goes out.
    Then wait another 30 and turn it on again.
    After trying this, reinstall the game.
    It may work for you :D.
  13. MarsNeedsTacos Win User

We need to know brand of TV, are you using a soundbar/receiver or headset? Is the soundbar/receiver connected via optical/TOSlink or HDMI? Thanks.
  14. Jurgen1488 Win User

Hi, try reinstalling the game.
  15. Frathos Win User

It's hard to offer advice without knowing what you are using, tell us about your setup. Are you trying to hear game sound on TV, headset or a receiver? What kind of TV, headset or receiver?
Thema:

1. No Sound on Game is Frustrating - Similar Threads - Sound Game Frustrating

2. GAME SOUND

in XBoX on Consoles
    GAME SOUND: hi so when im in parties i can hear my friends perfect but cant hear and game sound so what should i do? 57c4a6e2-38a7-469e-9b33-4801747e2d9f
  3. Minecraft for win 10 - No sounds (ONLY IN THE GAME)

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft for win 10 - No sounds (ONLY IN THE GAME): Hy! Me and my girlfriend playing on two different computers, and we have the same problem: no sounds in Minecraft for windows 10. I checked /done: The game settings: music and master volume...
  4. Spiele haben bei Start kein Ton mehr.[Games have no sound at startup.]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Spiele haben bei Start kein Ton mehr.[Games have no sound at startup.]: Hallo, Ich habe mal eine Frage, wenn ich eine Rund Rainbow Six Siege oder Fallout 76 starten will verschwindet einfach der Ton und er kommt auch nicht wieder bis das Spiel beendet wird. In den...
  5. Xbox Scorpio sounds like jet engine on some games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Scorpio sounds like jet engine on some games: Hi, I have the Xbox Scorpio and recently on a few games that are enhanced (Black Desert Online, Operencia) the fan spins up and stays on full pelt and sounds like a jet engine and i'm around 8-10...
  6. Sound in game has stopped working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sound in game has stopped working: I started playing AC Origins, on Xbox One, two days ago and it worked fine, this is a downloaded copy. I played it yesterday and it was still fine. Today when I turned it on there was no sound in...
  7. No Dolby Atmos sound in games

in XBoX on Consoles
    No Dolby Atmos sound in games: I cannot for the life of me figure out what is going on. Long story short, I moved and just finally updated my console first time since late december, 3.6GB update. Turn console on, set up amazon...