No Sound on Game is Frustrating

Discus and support No Sound on Game is Frustrating in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox One X and I have recently purchased/downloaded Red Dead Redemption 2, Hitman Sniper, and Sniper 4. Problem is none of the gams have any... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CharleeCheez, Nov 13, 2018.

1. CharleeCheez
    CharleeCheez Guest

I have an Xbox One X and I have recently purchased/downloaded Red Dead Redemption 2, Hitman Sniper, and Sniper 4. Problem is none of the gams have any sound. I have followed the directions regarding audio/video settings and nothing works.

HELP someone...

:)

CharleeCheez, Nov 13, 2018
  2. SALISH SIX
    SALISH SIX Guest
    Halo 4 Sound Issues

no sound at all with Halo 4, everything works just fine on other xbox games, how frustrating

SALISH SIX, Nov 13, 2018
  3. Game Found!

^^^

That sounds really bad and frustrating. Hope get fixed soon and not copied to others games the way it is working right now,

IngameInstincts, Nov 13, 2018
  4. Frathos
    Frathos Guest

It's hard to offer advice without knowing what you are using, tell us about your setup. Are you trying to hear game sound on TV, headset or a receiver? What kind of TV, headset or receiver?

Frathos, Nov 13, 2018
  5. XBF Erick C
    XBF Erick C Guest
    Hey there Charlee

Sorry to hear you are running into this problem. Now are these new games the Only ones that are giving you audio problems or did the problem move on to All games on the console?

I would definitely test out different HDMI cords, different HDMI ports on the TV, and of course just test a different TV as well to see if anything changes.

If there is still no sound after trying out these different options it is possible that the console might need to be serviced. You can always go through

Device Support
    to register the console, check on the Warranty status, And of course set up the Repair order.

I hope this helps!

XBF Erick C, Nov 13, 2018
  6. We need to know brand of TV, are you using a soundbar/receiver or headset? Is the soundbar/receiver connected via optical/TOSlink or HDMI? Thanks.

MarsNeedsTacos, Nov 13, 2018
  7. Try reinstall the game and try clearing cache. Put
    your finger on the start button of the console for 10 seconds until it goes out.
    Then wait another 30 and turn it on again.
    After trying this, reinstall the game.
    It may work for you No Sound on Game is Frustrating :D.

Chyrola Cuello, Nov 13, 2018
  8. No Sound on Game is Frustrating

Have you tried changing the console sound settings under HDMI from stereo uncompressed to one of the other options and back again?

coco meat train, Nov 13, 2018
  9. Jurgen1488
    Jurgen1488 Guest
    Hi, try reinstalling the game.

Jurgen1488, Nov 13, 2018
  10. Hey there Charlee!

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing these issues with your games.

Since this is happening with all of the games, and none of the games are working after all the previously posted troubleshooting steps, then I would suggest something we call a soft reset of your console.
    It's a reset of your console back to factory settings but one that does not uninstall any of your games or apps and is a really good troubleshooting step for most issues.

Just make sure that before you go ahead with it, that you do know all of the sign-in information for any/all of your accounts(asthey
    will be removed) and have easy access to your internet network.

Also make sure that you select the option denoted
    reset and keep my games and apps.

Follow the steps here on
    How to reset your console to factory defaults on Xbox One
    and let us know how that helps with the issue

Thanks

XBF Esteban R, Nov 6, 2018
  11. XBF Steven R Win User

Hey there Charlee!

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing these issues with your games.

Since this is happening with all of the games, and none of the games are working after all the previously posted troubleshooting steps, then I would suggest something we call a soft reset of your console.
    It's a reset of your console back to factory settings but one that does not uninstall any of your games or apps and is a really good troubleshooting step for most issues.

Just make sure that before you go ahead with it, that you do know all of the sign-in information for any/all of your accounts(asthey
    will be removed) and have easy access to your internet network.

Also make sure that you select the option denoted
    reset and keep my games and apps.

Follow the steps here on
    How to reset your console to factory defaults on Xbox One
    and let us know how that helps with the issue

Thanks
  12. Chyrola Cuello Win User

Try reinstall the game and try clearing cache. Put
    your finger on the start button of the console for 10 seconds until it goes out.
    Then wait another 30 and turn it on again.
    After trying this, reinstall the game.
    It may work for you :D.
  13. MarsNeedsTacos Win User

We need to know brand of TV, are you using a soundbar/receiver or headset? Is the soundbar/receiver connected via optical/TOSlink or HDMI? Thanks.
  14. Jurgen1488 Win User

Hi, try reinstalling the game.
  15. Frathos Win User

It's hard to offer advice without knowing what you are using, tell us about your setup. Are you trying to hear game sound on TV, headset or a receiver? What kind of TV, headset or receiver?
Thema:

1. No Sound on Game is Frustrating - Similar Threads - Sound Game Frustrating

2. Make game/menu sound come through headset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Make game/menu sound come through headset?: I have a stereo headset and the game sound does not come through. It did earlier this day but when i moved my xbox to my room it stopped. I have already tried resetting it. Any ideas?...
  3. I’m finding the sound in the Rage 2 game is happening was to much It is still happening to...

in XboX Insiders
    I’m finding the sound in the Rage 2 game is happening was to much It is still happening to...: When I was playing the Rage 2 game it lost sound again then I restarted my console then when I went to launch the Rage 2 game it played great for a while then I lost the sound in the game and the...
  4. Problem with loosing sound when playing Rage 2 game the sound in the game would work great...

in XboX Insiders
    Problem with loosing sound when playing Rage 2 game the sound in the game would work great...: The sound in the Rage 2 game has suddenly started happening just recently when I started playing the game. I have tried uninstalling the game then reinstalling the Rege 2 game that didn’t fix the...
  5. Xbox One Sound issues with TV and Soundbar only when playing Video Games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Sound issues with TV and Soundbar only when playing Video Games?: I recently purchased a new TV and a soundbar to go with it. Plugged everything and tested some blu-rays, streaming apps and etc and all seemed good. I loaded up Destiny 2 and all of a sudden the...
  6. My Xbox game bar clips are frozen, but have working sound

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox game bar clips are frozen, but have working sound: I have been trying to get clips for ages now. Every clip i record is a still 30 second still frame of the game im clipping (fortnite) and its been like this for a long time. Is there any fix to...
  7. Windows 10 xbox app my friends can hear my game sound while I'm playing on my pc

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 10 xbox app my friends can hear my game sound while I'm playing on my pc: So I just got a new desktop pc windows 10. And when I join a party I can hear my friends and they can hear me but they can hear my game sound and I don't know how to fix this so they don't hear my...
  8. Game loads first time for some games and than when you reload game theres sound but no...

in XboX Insiders
    Game loads first time for some games and than when you reload game theres sound but no...: Please fix this started after today's update the game loads but theres sound for modern warfare or gears 5 but no picture have to go into another screen and come back and picture will be there...
  9. Xbox sound only in games doesn't work

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox sound only in games doesn't work: I haven't messed with the settings but my game sounds aren't working but my YouTube tv sounds are working fine submitted by /u/pixxxelstar [link] [comments]
  10. 3D Sounds in Xbox games

in XBoX Accessibility
    3D Sounds in Xbox games: Helo, I am an xbox one user in Brasil, and I have a control with P2 input for headset. However, I am hearing impaired and only listen on the right side, it bothers me a lot in some games (most)...