: No sound on tv

Discus and support : No sound on tv in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; : No sound on tv I can't get the sound on my TV to work through my xbox, the settings seem OK but it just won't work?... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by HelenaTaylor1, Jul 25, 2020.

1. : No sound on tv

I can't get the sound on my TV to work through my xbox, the settings seem OK but it just won't work?

:)

HelenaTaylor1, Jul 25, 2020
  2. duckhater Win User

TV No Sound?

Change HDMI Audio from Auto Detect to another setting on the XBOX One.
  3. Smiling Cat-FAB725BA Win User

5.1 sounds WITH sound on TV

If your are running the HDMI to the receiver and then to your TV I would guess it's the receiver fault. If it's running HDMI to your TV then using its optical or coaxial SPDIF out then I say it's the TVs fault. Either way it should work and not switch between
    stereo and surround. The dashboard and often the main menu in a game will just use the left and right channels and then switch to using all channels when the game is running.

I know if you have both the optical out running to surround the HDMI will still carry a stereo signal along with it which is why you need to mute your TV. I haven't tried it, but possibly disabling display discovery on the 360 might keep it from even trying
    to send the audio signal. Normally the EDID reports if a display has speakers and the 360 will switch to HDMI+A. Haven't checked so might be an option to just select HDMI without disabling the display discovery.
  4. OG Pooh Win User

5.1 sounds WITH sound on TV

There really shouldn't be any PQ/AQ issues caused by running video & sound through HDMI. That's HDMI's job. It sounds like your PQ problem is a either a setting in the 360's menu or poor picture calibration on your display. The issue of the sound randomly
    switching from 2 channel to 5.1 channel modes may have to do with your having the 360 connected to the TV via HDMI. I'm guessing you have the 360 set for 5.1 channel operation since you're running an optical cable to your receiver? Since HDMI is a two-way
    connection, the 360 may be detecting the TV as a 2-channel device, causing confusion with your manually input 5.1 selection. I may be way off base though, as I've never run into this issue (and never had to diagnose it). The best way you could run your setup
    would be the way I'm running mine... 360 HDMI to receiver, then receiver HDMI to display. If your display has an audio output, you could try running everything via HDMI to the display (which you are doing anyway), then running the audio from the TV to the
    receiver. My Bravia has an optical output, but I prefer running HDMI to the receiver first as it's simpler connections & operation.
  5. Mythic Sandman Win User

One S connected to soundbar for atmos, screen flashes

Found this:

1. Update firmwares for TV, XB1S & Sound bar.
    2. XB1S HDMI OUT (to TV) goes to Sound bar HDMI IN. (DOES NOT GO TO TV)
    3. Sound bar HDMI ARC OUT goes to TV HDMI ARC.
    4. TV AUDIO set to PCM. TV VIDEO set to ARC.
    5. Sound bar audio set to HDMI IN. (NOT HDMI ARC)
    6. XB1S Video set to 4K UHD.
    7. XB1S Audio set to ATMOS.
    *Most importantly, XB1S HDMI OUT (to TV) DOES NOT GO TO TV, BUT GOES TO Sound bar IN! XB1S HDMI IN Should NOT BE USED!
  6. romeoteknik Win User

My Xbox 360 is not outputting any sound through my HDMI cable.

So sound works using the TV normally but when you power on the 360, there is no sound?

- Plug the HDMI into a different source port on the TV

- Try a new HDMI cable

- Re-check settings on both TV and the 360 (for example, I use a sound bar so I have to turn off the TV speakers whenever I want to use the 360, otherwise double sound)
Thema:

1. : No sound on tv - Similar Threads - sound

2. No sound is coming from the TV when Xbox One sis on

in XBoX on Consoles
    No sound is coming from the TV when Xbox One sis on: My Xbox has been working fine with my TV for months but rcently my Xbox keep saying my ""TV connection is set DVi"". I never change any of my settings on the TV or Xbox so I don't know why it's...
  3. Sound issue in multiple xbox game pass games on pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sound issue in multiple xbox game pass games on pc: Hi, some of game pass games in the xbox app have their sounds completely replaced by higher pitched noises. For example bridge constructor portal and undermine are just pure high pitched...
  4. Sound and playing with others

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sound and playing with others: I have changed every setting possible on Xbox one but still we cannot a) join friends on Roblox b) communicate over the microphone. We are at a loss. fae180ad-1978-43dd-81dd-be84af35c1d1
  5. Sound issue on Red Dead Redemption 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sound issue on Red Dead Redemption 2: Hi guys, I tried to post this on the rockstar support but their website just do not work for me, it keeps loading without ever showing up anything. Anyway. Since I think around a month, whenever...
  6. Rigg 800 xl no sound during gameplay

in XBoX on Consoles
    Rigg 800 xl no sound during gameplay: I've been using headset with no problem but today I turn it on and I hear it connect I hear button sounds but get into game and no sound. I'm on a Xbox one. 3bf5c126-5d87-460a-aa2c-946717cd8d29
  7. Ingame Sound Problems with a new Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ingame Sound Problems with a new Controller: Hello, I've bought a new wired controller (Spectra PowerA) and I've got sound problems in games since I'm using it. Sound is super silent and alot of noise just gets canceled midway or...
  8. Changing sounds for XBox achievements on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Changing sounds for XBox achievements on PC: Is there a way, on Windows 10 and XBox game pass, to change the notification sound when popping achievements? I see and hear the old sound but I like the new rare achievement pop sound on the...
  9. Duplicated sound at Xbox Game Bar

in XboX Insiders
    Duplicated sound at Xbox Game Bar: When I entered a party at the Xbox Game Bar the people in there could hear themselves duplicated in my audio, with headphones, and i could hear them normally, and only happens on the XGB, cause on...
  10. Spotify for Xbox One does not have any sound.

in XboX Insiders
    Spotify for Xbox One does not have any sound.: After the 2008.200711-0000 update, Spotify does not have any Sound. When I launch Spotify for Xbox One app, and try to listen to a song, the song seems to be streaming normally but I cannot hear...