: No sound on tv

Discus and support : No sound on tv in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; : No sound on tv I can't get the sound on my TV to work through my xbox, the settings seem OK but it just won't work?... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by HelenaTaylor1, Jul 25, 2020.

1. : No sound on tv

I can't get the sound on my TV to work through my xbox, the settings seem OK but it just won't work?

:)

HelenaTaylor1, Jul 25, 2020
  2. duckhater Win User

TV No Sound?

Change HDMI Audio from Auto Detect to another setting on the XBOX One.
  3. Smiling Cat-FAB725BA Win User

5.1 sounds WITH sound on TV

If your are running the HDMI to the receiver and then to your TV I would guess it's the receiver fault. If it's running HDMI to your TV then using its optical or coaxial SPDIF out then I say it's the TVs fault. Either way it should work and not switch between
    stereo and surround. The dashboard and often the main menu in a game will just use the left and right channels and then switch to using all channels when the game is running.

I know if you have both the optical out running to surround the HDMI will still carry a stereo signal along with it which is why you need to mute your TV. I haven't tried it, but possibly disabling display discovery on the 360 might keep it from even trying
    to send the audio signal. Normally the EDID reports if a display has speakers and the 360 will switch to HDMI+A. Haven't checked so might be an option to just select HDMI without disabling the display discovery.
  4. OG Pooh Win User

5.1 sounds WITH sound on TV

There really shouldn't be any PQ/AQ issues caused by running video & sound through HDMI. That's HDMI's job. It sounds like your PQ problem is a either a setting in the 360's menu or poor picture calibration on your display. The issue of the sound randomly
    switching from 2 channel to 5.1 channel modes may have to do with your having the 360 connected to the TV via HDMI. I'm guessing you have the 360 set for 5.1 channel operation since you're running an optical cable to your receiver? Since HDMI is a two-way
    connection, the 360 may be detecting the TV as a 2-channel device, causing confusion with your manually input 5.1 selection. I may be way off base though, as I've never run into this issue (and never had to diagnose it). The best way you could run your setup
    would be the way I'm running mine... 360 HDMI to receiver, then receiver HDMI to display. If your display has an audio output, you could try running everything via HDMI to the display (which you are doing anyway), then running the audio from the TV to the
    receiver. My Bravia has an optical output, but I prefer running HDMI to the receiver first as it's simpler connections & operation.
  5. Mythic Sandman Win User

One S connected to soundbar for atmos, screen flashes

Found this:

1. Update firmwares for TV, XB1S & Sound bar.
    2. XB1S HDMI OUT (to TV) goes to Sound bar HDMI IN. (DOES NOT GO TO TV)
    3. Sound bar HDMI ARC OUT goes to TV HDMI ARC.
    4. TV AUDIO set to PCM. TV VIDEO set to ARC.
    5. Sound bar audio set to HDMI IN. (NOT HDMI ARC)
    6. XB1S Video set to 4K UHD.
    7. XB1S Audio set to ATMOS.
    *Most importantly, XB1S HDMI OUT (to TV) DOES NOT GO TO TV, BUT GOES TO Sound bar IN! XB1S HDMI IN Should NOT BE USED!
  6. romeoteknik Win User

My Xbox 360 is not outputting any sound through my HDMI cable.

So sound works using the TV normally but when you power on the 360, there is no sound?

- Plug the HDMI into a different source port on the TV

- Try a new HDMI cable

- Re-check settings on both TV and the 360 (for example, I use a sound bar so I have to turn off the TV speakers whenever I want to use the 360, otherwise double sound)
Thema:

1. : No sound on tv - Similar Threads - sound

2. Speakers won’t work I have a monitor with sound and an Xbox S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Speakers won’t work I have a monitor with sound and an Xbox S: I dont know why they wont work its really anoying pls help me 25270fc6-49d5-48fd-b17c-274e639fe4a3
  3. No notification sound when it pops up

in XboX Insiders
    No notification sound when it pops up: Is anyone else not getting sound when a notification pops up? It’s really annoying submitted by /u/Donaldp_678 [link] [comments]
  4. No sound on Razer Thresher Ultimate XBox One S.

in XBoX on Consoles
    No sound on Razer Thresher Ultimate XBox One S.: I've just bought some of these, granted they're second hand but they worked absolutely fine as I heard them working on another console. They work fine on my PC, no issues straight away. MY...
  5. RIG700HX headset no sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    RIG700HX headset no sound: I recently purchased the RIG700HX xbox one headset from Walmart. After charging and hooking up everything properly and installing the app on my xbox, no sound is coming through the headset. The...
  6. Cast sound from Xbox One to Google Home

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cast sound from Xbox One to Google Home: Hello Is there some way to cast Xbox One sound to Google Home Mini? My son has a monitor for output which does not have built in speakers, and uses headphones connected to the controller when...
  7. DTS Sound Unbound license not recognized

in XboX Insiders
    DTS Sound Unbound license not recognized: So, since yesterday, when I got an update (650mb, alpha ring) DTS Sound Unbound was finally working like it should with DTS Headphones:X. But today, after the 4GB update, it's not recognizing my...
  8. My monitor won't play sound from my Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    My monitor won't play sound from my Xbox: I bought a brand new monitor to use with my Xbox and it has built in speakers but for whatever reason it won't play sound. I've tried going into the audio settings, trying to fix it but to no...
  9. Halo master chief collection No sound

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo master chief collection No sound: Hi I have no sound when playing co-op on master chief halo collection game. It just recently updated and now there is no sound. There is sound in the menu and lobby sections etc so its not speaker...
  10. : Brak dźwięku w telewizorze [No sound on tv]

in XBoX TV Hardware
    : Brak dźwięku w telewizorze [No sound on tv]: : Brak dźwięku w telewizorze [No sound on tv] Witam serdecznie mam problem ponieważ nie mogę oglądać filmów z braku możliwości dźwiękowych. Czy potrzeba jest podłączenie głośników do tv?próbowałam...