No sound on Xbox One after cold start-up - sound does show up after it warms up for about...

Discus and support No sound on Xbox One after cold start-up - sound does show up after it warms up for about... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox One serves as the controller for our home entertainment system. Upon start-up in the morning, there is no sound over HDMI. After about 20... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MikeFatigati, May 22, 2020 at 9:42 PM.

1. MikeFatigati
    MikeFatigati Guest

No sound on Xbox One after cold start-up - sound does show up after it warms up for about...

My Xbox One serves as the controller for our home entertainment system. Upon start-up in the morning, there is no sound over HDMI. After about 20 minutes or so, there begins a series of pops and audio bites which eventually settles in with audio so long
    as the system remains on. After it's warmed up, audio will return after a shut-down and restart.

I've replaced HDMI cables, completed a factory reset, and have checked settings on every device (cable box, A/V amp, TV, and Xbox), found an replaced a couple of faulty HDMI cables that had been pinched by furniture.

I'm beginning to think that the console has developed a cold solder joint but am hoping that I've missed something in my troubleshooting.

Any ideas or suggestions?

:)

MikeFatigati, May 22, 2020 at 9:42 PM
  2. Evil Damaja Win User

No start up sound?

It is probably a mechanical fault. If it is still under warranty i recommend keeping it for a week and see if the sound starts to play and if it doesn't return it to the store you purchased it from. They would be required to refund / replace the Xbox if
    it is a mechanical fault not caused by you. If it isn't under warranty i recommend find a local repair shop and getting the to have a yonder at it.
  3. Hyncharas Win User

XBOX ONE wont load dashboad

The problem we've experienced seems related to "cold starting". If the console has been off for more than an hour a black screen will appear, but after it's warmed up for a while (even without a power cycle), it works fine.

Perhaps the glitch is related to the cpu being cold.
  4. RobDelaney1 Win User

Xbox One X buzzing then shut down issue

It sounds like a vent to me and overheating.
    I would think the same however it does it from a cold start so doesn't have time to get warm.

It's in a well ventilated area too.
  5. zmaster2XXX Win User

Xbox one X scorpio temperature

that sounds normal. the console will warm up depending on the content.
  6. Alst0Mou5e Win User

Looking For Fun? Join CallMeGamer!!!

I signed up today and was greeted with warm hugs and cold beer!

---

or was it cold hugs and warm beer? Now im all confused!
Thema:

1. No sound on Xbox One after cold start-up - sound does show up after it warms up for about... - Similar Threads - sound cold start

2. Xbox controller removes sound on PC when connected.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox controller removes sound on PC when connected.: When i connect my Xbox one controller to my pc and start a game it randomly takes over the sound. So the xbox controller is in the sound devices and it takes over for a few seconds making all...
  3. Xbox one makes weird chirping sound\glitches

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one makes weird chirping sound\glitches: hello my name is Maverick I'm new to Xbox one had my Xbox one since February of 2028 glitches and some games Mafia 3 has been glitching very very badly it makes a weird chirping / squeak sound out...
  4. No sound on Xbox One.

in XBoX on Consoles
    No sound on Xbox One.: Sound has suddenly stopped working on my Xbox. Everything was working the other day. All games are still accessible and DVDs play but no sound from either. The HDMI cables have been swapped and...
  5. Sound issues with Xbox on warzone

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sound issues with Xbox on warzone: We are trying to play quads, but everytike my buddy or sny xbox xboxxboxer joins they are aytomatically muted on xbox. We can hear and talk to our friends on pc or playstation, but when we unmite...
  6. Can you please fix the sound glitching every second during. Broadcasting to mixer? See past...

in XboX Insiders
    Can you please fix the sound glitching every second during. Broadcasting to mixer? See past...: submitted by /u/EeveeBoz [link] [comments]
  7. No sound, Xbox muted

in XBoX Accessibility
    No sound, Xbox muted: Our Xbox shows a mute icon to the left of the time and there is no sound. How do we unmute? 3cf1377e-316f-4a29-9635-b58a7996585c
  8. Fallout 76 - Sound Stops Working when In Game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fallout 76 - Sound Stops Working when In Game: Hello, I have been playing Fallout 76 with no problems until the past few days. Now I have an issue with the sound not working in game. The sound works on the Xbox Menus, Other Apps, and...
  9. Headset jack/sound no longer working on Xbox One Elite Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset jack/sound no longer working on Xbox One Elite Controller: Hello, From one minute to the next the headset jack/sound stopped working on our Xbox One Elite controller. We bought it from Target.com July, 2019. Not sure if it's still under warranty through...
  10. Fornite : Cannot speak - Sound working perfectly on other apps/games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fornite : Cannot speak - Sound working perfectly on other apps/games: Hello, My children playing fortnite cannot talk to their friends over the fornite platform. On Xbox chat the microphone functions. I have had the children quit any microsoft group whilst in...