No sound via Optics output in Bitstream, Only Stereo

Discus and support No sound via Optics output in Bitstream, Only Stereo in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, since the beginning, no trouble ... But today, i have no sound. I'm connect direct from my Xbox One to my receiver in fiber optics. When i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Le Viking QC, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Le Viking QC
    Le Viking QC Guest

Hello, since the beginning, no trouble ...

But today, i have no sound.

I'm connect direct from my Xbox One to my receiver in fiber optics.

When i go in setting and change from Bitstream to stereo, i have sound but in Stereo ! via optics, so my optics work !

When i select Bitstream (DTS) like before, nothing !

Is it something about update !

:)

Le Viking QC, Mar 17, 2014
  2. No bitstream out

I no longer seem to get any output via HDMI bitstream. I run the sound via HDMI into my LG telly and from there, via optical, into my surround receiver. Until recently I've had no trouble getting Dolby 5.1 passed through to the receiver. Now, bitstream doesn't
    seem to output anything. It's not the TV, or the AV receiver.

Please fix this! As it stands I can only get uncompressed audio out of my Xbox and, therefore, only stereo through the optical cable into my receiver. I can play in stereo, but I'd rather be using the surround I've had until recently.

Mr Monkey Ghost, Mar 17, 2014
  3. Gringo
    Gringo Guest
    How can i get sound ? with my monitor ?

You are only hearing stereo sound, now. It is indeed 2 channels, left and right, very basic. For some reason the Xbox One, at the moment, does not output surround sound through the output you are using. According to the article below the capability will be coming through an online patch. If you have a DVD player with the same type of digital optical output or you play a DVD on your computer through the headset you should be able to get a better idea of what the post patch surround sound will sound like.

[Update] State Of Sound: Xbox One Dolby Digital Coming Post-Launch

Gringo, Mar 17, 2014
  4. ObijuanoNYC
    ObijuanoNYC Guest

I am experiencing the same issue today. It was fine a couple of days ago. Now no sound. Switching to stereo, is fine but when selecting bitstream DTS or Dolby no sound is heard. Weird part is when I turn on the Xbox One sound can be heard. But once in the
    home page, no sound. I am also connected via the optical digital output. Any ideas?

ObijuanoNYC, May 3, 2014
  5. ObijuanoNYC Win User

I am experiencing the same issue today. It was fine a couple of days ago. Now no sound. Switching to stereo, is fine but when selecting bitstream DTS or Dolby no sound is heard. Weird part is when I turn on the Xbox One sound can be heard. But once in the
    home page, no sound. I am also connected via the optical digital output. Any ideas?
  6. RakkaDisciprine Win User

Still no Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround after update

Dolby Digital is surround sound. There is a separate option for stereo audio on the optical output. I can definitely tell a difference between stereo and surround with my A40s, and the bitstream Dolby Digital is definitely surround.
  7. Internet Expert Win User

Optical setting are not taking. No sound from receiver. Sound is not on mute.

Check that you have a secure connection between the Xbox One and your speaker/receiver with your optical cable, make sure the optical cable isn't being sharply bent in any way, and the sound input on your receiver is set to take the input from the Xbox and
    output to your sound setup.

On your Xbox's main menu, double-press the Guide button on your controller, and navigate down to the settings icon.

Then, go to... All Settings > Display & Sound > Audio Output

You will see three boxes: HDMI audio, Optical audio, and Bitstream format. Set HDMI audio to "off", and Optical audio to either "Stereo uncompressed" or "Bitstream out". "Bitstream out" is recommended for optical connections, as it allows Dolby Digital and
    DTS signal.

Hope this helps!
  8. Jaymo1978 Win User

No audio through optical cable to surround sound system. XBox One

Hi Phil! Sorry to hear you're having some trouble with sound. I will say that while the console IS capable of outputting in both DTS and Dolby Digital and the decoder device is capable of both, I've found it to be a bit fiddly when choosing DTS. I have a
    7.1 Dolby Surround headset system connected via Optical. When I choose DTS, it is completely dead, no sound at all. As soon as I switch to Dolby Digital, it works perfectly.

You definitely want your HDMI audio to "Off," and your Optical Audio should be set to "Bitstream Out," because optical needs bitstream to deliver multiple channels - stereo is the only uncompressed option. Then, after choosing Bitstream, you want to set
    your Bitstream Format to Dolby Digital, and that SHOULD work. It works on mine, but that's not a guarantee for everyone by any means.

Let me know!
  9. Smiling Cat-FAB725BA Win User

Vizio soundbar

Could you post some more details. Model of the Vizio TV and sound bar. Also what settings you're using under your audio output. Bitstream Dolby or uncompressed stereo for both HDMI and Optical need some more details.
Thema:

1. No sound via Optics output in Bitstream, Only Stereo - Similar Threads - sound via Optics

2. NO sound via headset./controlers

in XBoX on Windows
    NO sound via headset./controlers: New head set, New controller. Still no sound. Used all the Microsoft advice - still no luck. Is it the console be44a9f2-b894-44b2-b4f6-006203a82af6
  3. Afterglow AG9 headset *Wireless* is treated by XBOX 1 *1st gen* via sounds to one speaker only

in XBoX on Consoles
    Afterglow AG9 headset *Wireless* is treated by XBOX 1 *1st gen* via sounds to one speaker only: Good day... I currently own a Wireless Headset---Afterglow AG9...purchased when it selling for under a hundred dollars, back then. Since that time, the performance was normal *both sides of the...
  4. Is it possible to connect a Xbox One X to a sound card in a PC via S/PDIF?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to connect a Xbox One X to a sound card in a PC via S/PDIF?: Would it be possible to connect a Xbox One X to a sound card in a PC via S/PDIF? I want to be able to run the Xbox's audio through the sound card to which I have my headphones connected....
  5. No sound via headphones

in XBoX on Consoles
    No sound via headphones: hi I have some turtle beach headphones and they have been fine for a week. However I turned on the Xbox today and I have no sound coming through the headphones. I have checked the headphones...
  6. Only one Headset giving sound over XBOX Wireless controller via Wireless Adapter for Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only one Headset giving sound over XBOX Wireless controller via Wireless Adapter for Windows 10: Hi Microsoft Support team, I have connected, over Windows 10 PC, my two XBOX Wireless Controllers via Wireless Adapter for Windows 10. And connected my two Headsets to each of the two...
  7. ONE S Controller after update lose sound via BT

in XBoX on Consoles
    ONE S Controller after update lose sound via BT: Xbox Accessories App start with "Update Required" After update 100% - Controller reconnected via BT(BlueTooth), but on sound driver. No sound via BT. Bluetooth - Xbox Wireless Controlled, driver...
  8. Bubbly sound on youtube videos using android box and youtube - via HDMI in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bubbly sound on youtube videos using android box and youtube - via HDMI in.: Kind of hard to explain and i guess very few have the same experience, but I give it a shot like this is likely something to do with how the xbox is handling the signal from HDMI IN. I use a...
  9. 360 hdmi to tv optical to soundbar producing no sound. Xbox one also hooked via hdmi works ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 hdmi to tv optical to soundbar producing no sound. Xbox one also hooked via hdmi works ...: trying to connect 360 to tv via hdmi, and tv to soundbar via optical cable produces no sound from soundbar. Here is my current set: 1. cable box hdmi out to xbox one hdmi in xbox hdmi out to...
  10. Surround sound via optical cuts out after 10-20 seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Surround sound via optical cuts out after 10-20 seconds: Bought one of those media remotes today and came home to test it out. Turned on the Xbox and about 10 seconds after it auto signs me in the sound cuts out completely. No idea what's going on as it...