No Sound when playing FFXV!

Discus and support No Sound when playing FFXV! in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I just recently added atmos speakers to my home rig and was looking forward to trying out FFXV since it supports Atmos. The problem; there's absolutely... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/InsiderX, Sep 27, 2019.

1. /u/InsiderX
    /u/InsiderX Guest

I just recently added atmos speakers to my home rig and was looking forward to trying out FFXV since it supports Atmos. The problem; there's absolutely no sound at all!

Anyone else having the issue?

Alpha Skip Ahead

submitted by /u/InsiderX
    [link] [comments]

/u/InsiderX, Sep 27, 2019
  2. Spriggan000 Win User

Final fantasy xv sound issue

To clarify, is there other games this issue occurs in other than Final Fantasy XV? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game? If you haven't already, go ahead and give that a shot and let us know how it goes.
    only FFXV have this issue. I try everything tô fix this reinstall too

The only way is reset Xbox system then play game.. don't need re install FFXV. But after that if you change áudio settings to bitstream with dolby format then FFXV sound issue back.

This issue begins with the last Xbox update.
  3. Spriggan000 Win User

To clarify, is there other games this issue occurs in other than Final Fantasy XV? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game? If you haven't already, go ahead and give that a shot and let us know how it goes.
    only FFXV have this issue. I try everything tô fix this reinstall too.

The only way is reset Xbox system then play game.. don't need re install FFXV. But after that if you change áudio settings to bitstream with dolby format then FFXV sound issue back.

This issue begins with the last Xbox update.
  4. Spriggan000 Win User

I joined the inside program, then I change the system update to alpha cycle. this version has fixed FFXV sound issue.
  5. Mister Getafix Win User

Sound gone in game FFXV

Hi there, sorry to hear about the issues with the game.

To be sure, have you tested the console on another TV or Monitor?

It sounds like there may be an issues with corrupt files or settings, in order to elevate this issue let's have you perform a

soft Factory reset.

On step seven be sure to pick Keep my games and apps!

Post back once those steps are complete and let us know how it goes!

Right update 2.

EPISODE GLADIOLUS is missing from downloadable content.

and....the day after, sound is gone again.

So this did not fix the sound problem at all.

sound is everywhere except in game.

so I am back to deleting the saved games on concsole in order to get any sound.

To be sure, did you test the console on another TV?

Let's have you try that step and get back to us.

Then for the missing content if you check the store on the console and if you manage the game from my games and apps do you see that content?

Done that and it does the same as I have it connected to my monitor and I have a tv besides it, it does the same, silence

oh and now has EPISODE GLADIOLUS returned but sound issues continues

Happy that content is back!

For the sound issues can you provide photos of your sound settings on the console and how the console is wired up?

Are you using the same HDMI cable that came with the console and which version are you on?

Just to be sure, does this happen with any other game?

As I said, it does not happen in ANY other game.

I have 6 games, or more if you count the xbox 360 games thats transfered here as backcompatible.

They all have sound perfectly fine

Thanks for that info.

Does the same thing happen when having Bit stream formatting on?

Are you able to test another audio device as in the TV or another headset?

How many variations of audio settings have you tried?

All games are a bit different and there may be something that Final Fantasy

requires that your other games do not, we suggest trying as many audio settings/setups as possible so we can locate the root of the issue.

If this issue was related to corrupt software the reinstall and factory reset would have resolved that.

As for the HDMI, cables can have different effects on different games based on the game's needs. Let's be sure to test another HDMI cable and ensure that you have an HDMI cable that is: 2.0b 2160p @ 60Hz, AMD FreeSync capable.

Oh and as for the HDMI yes, that is capable of that since I use it to my monitor between computer and monitor and at 144mhz free synch

Oh and I started to see a pattern..... every time I log into the game the day after it does not "synch to final fantasy XV", it resumes where it was before

maybe it is that synching that also lacks the sound....?

We were under the impression that you had fully factory reset the console at this time.

Apologies for the confusion let's be sure to
    fully factory reset
    the console right away.

Post back and let us know how that goes!

I did as you asked, reset the console with keeping my games. but I was thinking totally resetting the console.
    Let's have you fully reset the console without keeping games and apps as we suggested.
  6. Mister Getafix Win User

Sound gone in game FFXV

Hi there, sorry to hear about the issues with the game.

To be sure, have you tested the console on another TV or Monitor?

It sounds like there may be an issues with corrupt files or settings, in order to elevate this issue let's have you perform a

soft Factory reset.

On step seven be sure to pick Keep my games and apps!

Post back once those steps are complete and let us know how it goes!

Right update 2.

EPISODE GLADIOLUS is missing from downloadable content.

and....the day after, sound is gone again.

So this did not fix the sound problem at all.

sound is everywhere except in game.

so I am back to deleting the saved games on concsole in order to get any sound.

To be sure, did you test the console on another TV?

Let's have you try that step and get back to us.

Then for the missing content if you check the store on the console and if you manage the game from my games and apps do you see that content?

Done that and it does the same as I have it connected to my monitor and I have a tv besides it, it does the same, silence

oh and now has EPISODE GLADIOLUS returned but sound issues continues

Happy that content is back!

For the sound issues can you provide photos of your sound settings on the console and how the console is wired up?

Are you using the same HDMI cable that came with the console and which version are you on?

Just to be sure, does this happen with any other game?

As I said, it does not happen in ANY other game.

I have 6 games, or more if you count the xbox 360 games thats transfered here as backcompatible.

They all have sound perfectly fine
    Thanks for that info.

Does the same thing happen when having Bit stream formatting on?

Are you able to test another audio device as in the TV or another headset?

How many variations of audio settings have you tried?

All games are a bit different and there may be something that Final Fantasy

requires that your other games do not, we suggest trying as many audio settings/setups as possible so we can locate the root of the issue.

If this issue was related to corrupt software the reinstall and factory reset would have resolved that.

As for the HDMI, cables can have different effects on different games based on the game's needs. Let's be sure to test another HDMI cable and ensure that you have an HDMI cable that is: 2.0b 2160p @ 60Hz, AMD FreeSync capable.
Thema:

1. No Sound when playing FFXV! - Similar Threads - Sound playing FFXV

2. Intermittent sound on xbox one s when playing games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Intermittent sound on xbox one s when playing games: I've been experiencing an intermittent sound issue when playing games. The sound will work fine, then cut out for a few minutes then come back again and work fine for 20 minutes then cut out again...
  3. Headset not playing xbox sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset not playing xbox sound: My little brother has 2 turtle beach headsets(I'm not exactly sure of the models). I have tried both of the headsets on each of the three controllers that he has to no avail. There is a mute...
  4. Do you play with little or no sound?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do you play with little or no sound?: I guess it depends on the game. Though, a lot of times I'll turn off the in game music and play pandora. f326a664-cc6c-4bcf-86c5-f38cb6070bff
  5. Sound delay when using soundbar while Playing BfV

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sound delay when using soundbar while Playing BfV: Hi, I am having this sound lag while playing Battlefield V. I am having this issue when i use soundbar to get the Audio. I have following configuration: Xbox one x connected through HDMI to TV...
  6. Spiel ohne Ton....[Play without sound ....]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Spiel ohne Ton....[Play without sound ....]: Hallo habe gestern im Store ein Spiel (The Crew 2) gekauft und runter geladen soweit so gut... Das Spiel zu starten (und zu spielen) ist kein Problem, jedoch sobald ich im Titel Menu auf "Spiel...
  7. Headset Drops Sound, Online Play Only

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset Drops Sound, Online Play Only: Afternoon! I chatted with a gamer earlier today and he gave me a fantastic test to further diagnose the problem I'm having. HyperX Cloud Stinger Headset Currently run through wired Elite...
  8. Xbox Headset playing sound but mic not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Headset playing sound but mic not working: Hi guys, I have tested the mic on my PC and it works fine. Have also updated the console and controller and it hasn't fixed the issue. I'm also having the issue of when I'm on the dashboard and...
  9. Game clip is blank (grey screen) but sound still plays?

in XBoX on Windows
    Game clip is blank (grey screen) but sound still plays?: [img] The clips play as if nothing's wrong, but the screen is blank just as the thumbnails are 04f22603-9d81-4133-abc6-829a7b62ffc0
  10. Buzzing sound whilst playing games on XBOX One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Buzzing sound whilst playing games on XBOX One S: Firstly I apologise if this has been asked previously, I can't seem to find a search function on this forum?!?! I have had the Xbox One S since they first came out and I noticed early on that...