No space freed up after deleting game captures on Xbox One

Discus and support No space freed up after deleting game captures on Xbox One in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; As my Xbox One X is running out of free disk space I decided to delete the game captures (Screenshots and Game DVR) from my Xbox. And yes I selected... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Martin Skywatcher, Sep 23, 2019.

1. No space freed up after deleting game captures on Xbox One

As my Xbox One X is running out of free disk space I decided to delete the game captures (Screenshots and Game DVR) from my Xbox. And yes I selected the game captures on the Xbox itself and not on Xbox Live. I selected all captures and confirmed to delete
    them. I waited a while and checked back and saw there were no game captures on my Xbox One anymore. As I already had uploaded all game captures to my One Drive (and my PC) I knew there would be 17,7 GB of captures on my Xbox One. To my amazement the amount
    of free space on my Xbox One's hard drive stayed exactly the same after deleting (13,8 GB free). How is this possible ?

:)

Martin Skywatcher, Sep 23, 2019
  2. Martin Skywatcher Win User

Thanks Paul1708 and ngocphi I
    was already starting to think it would be something like this. Any idea how big this partition for game captures is ? I mean I had 17,7 GB of screen captures and game DVR's on it that's quite a lot and would the Xbox notify the user when the limit is about
    to be reached or would it just stop capturing ?
  3. Paul1708 Win User

Hey Martain

Game Capturres are storaged in a reserved space on the hard drive that isnt viewable in games and apps. Thats why when you buy a brand new console some of the drive space is reserved for the OS and captures. If your just looking to free up some space on
    your drive then you would need too uninstall a game or 2 or purachse a external hard drive
  4. Paul1708 Win User

Hey again Martain

It depends on the size of the internal drive on a 500gb drive you have around 380 GB of free space so around 120gb is taken up for the OS captures and formating of the drive and internal files. On a 1tb drive is around 780gb of free space. And yes the console
    would show a message saying its full
  5. ngocphi Win User

Becsuse captures is ONLY a small section of the xbox HDD

And it is limited to that section

The xbox partitions certain sections for certain things and cannot be overwritten

You have to purchase a new bigger hd

2-4 tb is suggested
  6. bruh dis egg Win User

modernwarfare

Is your space freed up? this could mean you need to delete some game.
Thema:

1. No space freed up after deleting game captures on Xbox One - Similar Threads - space freed deleting

2. The lack of space after the "-" is giving the impression we have "minus X number" of...

in XboX Insiders
    The lack of space after the "-" is giving the impression we have "minus X number" of...: [IMG] submitted by /u/viniciusrsouza [link] [comments]
  3. What was wrong with tiles?! Takes so much space as a list and looks terrible.

in XboX Insiders
    What was wrong with tiles?! Takes so much space as a list and looks terrible.: [IMG] submitted by /u/Bludfyr [link] [comments]
  4. Can I say that I love how the My Games & Apps button no longer looks like wasted space!

in XboX Insiders
    Can I say that I love how the My Games & Apps button no longer looks like wasted space!: [IMG] submitted by /u/Kill_Kayt [link] [comments]
  5. Game Pass PC saying theres not enough space to install when there is

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Pass PC saying theres not enough space to install when there is: Title pretty much says it all, I have 2 drives one is nearly full and the other has 300gb space free, but when I select the 300gb free drive and try to install any game I get an error which says...
  6. Uninstall didnt create more storage space

in XBoX on Windows
    Uninstall didnt create more storage space: I recently uninstalled Microsoft flight simulator to create more space on my hard drive. However after uninstalling it, it did not create any space on my hard drive. I am a little confused by this...
  7. the xbox series x needs more storage space

in XboX Insiders
    the xbox series x needs more storage space: the title should say it all but here is more. the xbox series X only has 1TB of space on an SSD. with most games now being at least 100Gb to 180GB+ this means you can only get about 3-4 games on...
  8. Can we get another row for games/apps for our Pins? There is a big blank space that we...

in XboX Insiders
    Can we get another row for games/apps for our Pins? There is a big blank space that we...: [IMG] submitted by /u/TotalFark [link] [comments]
  9. MIcrosoft Flight Simulator 2020 Minimum Space

in XBoX on Windows
    MIcrosoft Flight Simulator 2020 Minimum Space: Just downloaded Microsoft Simulator 2020 And before I play the game I am getting the you do not meet the minimum requirements to play the game. That game will run with some delays. Mind I have...
  10. Xbox game pass for PC - uninstalled games still take up storage space

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game pass for PC - uninstalled games still take up storage space: I uninstalled some games from my Xbox game pass (PC) using the uninstall option in the Xbox app (on PC). But the storage space in my SSD did not return to what it used to be, before the game was...