No Valid Payment Options on file - unable to purchase backwards compat games

Discus and support No Valid Payment Options on file - unable to purchase backwards compat games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I own an Xbox one, I never owned a 360, nor do I know someone who currently does.. Anyways, I have spent over 8 hours online and on the phone with MS... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SKurjSK, Nov 24, 2015.

1. SKurjSK
    SKurjSK Guest

I own an Xbox one, I never owned a 360, nor do I know someone who currently does..

Anyways, I have spent over 8 hours online and on the phone with MS Support and I am still unable to purchase anything from the 360 store for my Xbox One. The free games with gold, Dirt3 and Dungeon Siege3 included. During those calls we have removed all
    payment options added payment options, used 3 different browsers on my PC, tried IE and Edge on the Xbox one and I have even tried my cell phone to the same result.

I am not receiving the content I pay for (live gold sub)

I have navigated to the games several ways, but when I click the download to 360 link, I get a new window and it states No Valid Payment Options on file. When I click the link to Change Payment Options I get an error page displayed. I reported this the
    first time Nov 3, I have contacted support many times, since, the last time being Nov 20 I believe at which time I was told to expect a response via email within 48 hours. I never received that email, and the problem is still not resolved.

:)

SKurjSK, Nov 24, 2015
  2. Lucario1928
    Lucario1928 Guest
    Won't let me purchase any backwards compatible game

When I tried to purchase Morrowind, it said, "You have no valid payment options on file." I then tried to buy another backwards compatible game and got the same message. I tried using a credit card and the same message appeared. Any idea why?

Lucario1928, Nov 24, 2015
  3. munkyxtc
    munkyxtc Guest
    xbox 360 gold games on xbox 360, how?

Hi vattacokor, unfortunately you must have a valid payment option on file to purchase xbox 360 games. There is no way around this restriction that I am aware

munkyxtc, Nov 24, 2015
  4. TGW Phantom
    TGW Phantom Guest

have you tried going on xbox.com going on the 360 part and purchasing the games on the website after that the games you purchase appear as ready to install on your xbox one No Valid Payment Options on file - unable to purchase backwards compat games :)

TGW Phantom, Nov 24, 2015
  5. SKurjSK
    SKurjSK Guest
    yes, as I stated above I have used the PC and 3 different browsers, and I cannot purchase even the Free games because it states I have no valid payment options.

SKurjSK, Nov 24, 2015
  6. TGW Phantom
    TGW Phantom Guest
    if you go into your account settings you should see payment options see if you have any credit/debit card if not try and add on if all fails ring Microsoft up

TGW Phantom, Nov 24, 2015
  7. SKurjSK
    SKurjSK Guest
    Please re-read my original post...

I have had several calls with MS support, at which time they removed all my payment options (credit cards) and they had me re-add them. Same result.

SKurjSK, Nov 24, 2015
  8. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest

Hey there SKurjSK.

Sorry to hear that! If you still haven't heard back please reach out to Phone/Chat support and provide them with the reference number you were given. They'll be able to best help out with billing issues such as this.

Mister Maka, Nov 25, 2015
  9. Stevepm1970
    Stevepm1970 Guest
    Just something to check is the location of your Xbox the same as the location of your billing address and payment options you have set up

Stevepm1970, Nov 25, 2015
  10. SKurjSK
    SKurjSK Guest
    I have spent hours with support in online chat and on the phone, with no resolution.

I am now also unable to start chat sessions with support, likely I am blocked. When I try to enter chat the fields to enter my name are greyed out and I am unable to put my info there and the system will not let me proceed to a support agent until I do.
    (tested from multiple PC's with multiple browsers)

*** poor show on MS, had much better service from that other console manufacturer.

SKurjSK, Nov 25, 2015
  11. SKurjSK
    SKurjSK Guest
    Here's my ticket number.. [Mod removed]

During the support calls I have been told different stories, one was it was the game suppliers fault, another was I need an xbox 360.. all BS.

Its been 3 weeks now and I am unable to buy anything free or otherwise from xbox 360 store.

SKurjSK, Nov 25, 2015
  12. I had exactly the same problem.

U should go to Your MS profile ( not Xbox), edit 'Personal Settings' and change 'Country/Region' field. This should help.

ShierMacaroon88, Nov 27, 2015
  13. Semma Wright
    Semma Wright Guest

Had the same issue and this worked for me.

Click on your gamer tag (top-right of the site) -> XBOX settings

At the new page you see 4 main icons, the 3rd should be something like "Change 360 account region". Click it and set the region the same as your Xbox One region.

It seems that if you've never owned a 360 the default account region is USA. If you live somewhere else, and have the payment options set for that specific xbox one region, they're not recognized at the default USA 360 marketplace.

Hope this works for you too. Take care~

Semma Wright, Nov 29, 2015
  14. SKurjSK
    SKurjSK Guest
    It won't allow me to change region, and it does not say why. I am guessing it could be for one of 2 reasons.. I am a new xbox owner, it says you can only change region every 3 months, perhaps the first 3 months aren't up yet.. or

My region is already set to English Canada.. bottom left of the page does show English Canada.. I don't know how to see my 360 Account Region..

SKurjSK, Nov 29, 2015
  15. Thank you Semma Wright, been looking for a solution to this for a month. Pitty I can't get Dirt 3 though!

tunners derby, Nov 29, 2015
Thema:

1. No Valid Payment Options on file - unable to purchase backwards compat games - Similar Threads - Valid Payment Options

2. "You have no valid payment options on file" demands a USA address when I don't live in USA

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "You have no valid payment options on file" demands a USA address when I don't live in USA: Hello, I am in Australia and have recently purchased an x-box. I linked it to my account and set up a subscription, added my payment details, it's all working fine... ...Until I went to get a...
  3. “You have no valid payment options on file”

in XBoX on Consoles
    “You have no valid payment options on file”: I am trying to buy a couple of star wars games from the original Xbox console off of the Xbox one store. Despite having my valid credit card on my account it keeps giving me the error “You have no...
  4. No Valid Payment Option Error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No Valid Payment Option Error: Hi guys, I'd greatly appreciate help with this issue. I'm trying to purchase the first Red Dead Redemption on my Xbox One. I'm getting an issue that says "You have no valid payment options on...
  5. Backwards compatible no valid payment option

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Backwards compatible no valid payment option: I clicked on one of the backwards compatible games and when I went to buy it, it said it didn't have a valid payment option and the game, Star wars kotor 2, says it can be played on the xbox one...
  6. you have no valid payment options on file

in XBoX Games and Apps
    you have no valid payment options on file: Hello, I got my first Xbox ever today, the Xbox one s digital. Picked it up on a Black Friday sale because I wanted to play a few 360 games that spiked my interest recently, and check out some...
  7. “No valid payment options available” for Backwards Compatibility.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    “No valid payment options available” for Backwards Compatibility.: So whenever I go to buy a backwards compatible title, it shows the prices of it in £ but then it all of a sudden it switches to US dollars and says i have no valid payment options available. I’m...
  8. No valid payment option on file: Halo Reach

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No valid payment option on file: Halo Reach: Hello, Been trying to purchase Halo: Reach but there is apparently no valid payment option on file. Which is not true as I have my credit card attached to pay for Xbox Live. When clicking on...
  9. You have no valid payment options on file

in XBoX on Consoles
    You have no valid payment options on file: I want to get the Xbox 360 free games with gold, but i get an error message which says "You have no valid payment options on file". I don't have the same problem with Xbox One games, it just...
  10. "You have no valid payment options on file"

in XBoX on Consoles
    "You have no valid payment options on file": I am trying to download a free game from Xbox Live (LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean - it's free with an Xbox Live Gold Membership right now), but when I go to "purchase" it, it says that I have no...