None of the games from external are starting on xbox one x (from saturday)

Discus and support None of the games from external are starting on xbox one x (from saturday) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I am having an issue with external hdd, from starurday I can not start any game from it, it starts but either screen is black for eternity or... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by overrider18, Feb 12, 2019.

1. overrider18
    overrider18 Guest

Hello,

I am having an issue with external hdd, from starurday I can not start any game from it, it starts but either screen is black for eternity or there is an error message says it takes to long to start the game. I have tried to move games from external to internal,
    but it is mowing some data, then I have to swith off/on the console and again, some data and stops. Drive is brand new and there was no problems before "bad update" this week with black screen issues. In my opinion it might be something with xbox software.
    Anybody having the same problems?

:)

overrider18, Feb 12, 2019
  2. Cowgrlzroc Win User

Sorry to hear about the issues your are having. I agree that you may have a corrupted file, but before completely wiping that external hdd, try unplugging the external hdd from your console and then doing a full power cycle of your xbox. Holding down the
    power button for 8-10 seconds to shut it off. Unplug the power cord for at least 10 seconds (longer the better). Plug everything back in, including your external hdd, and start it up. Worth a try. I've had some issues with my Xbox reading my external hdd,
    and so far this has worked.

Best wishes,

Cowgirl
  3. choppyseize Win User

It sounds like you have a corrupted file on the external. You may have to wipe it entirely and download the games again.
  4. Shaggy2000 Win User

XBox One X and external drive

It was confirmed last night that any current external hard drive will work with the Xbox One X, however you may want to consider moving some of the games you play often over to the Xbox One X internal hard drive as it will probably load games quicker from
    internal HDD than your external one.
  5. Shaggy2000 Win User

Question for staff please.

Games released before the Xbox One X is released will more than likely just get a patch (quite a sizable one at that) to get them ready for the X, some may already have all that code built in from the start though, and all it will take is to plug your external
    hard drive into the X and press play.

After the Xbox One X is released though most games (not all) will have the "X code" built in, so there shouldn't be any patch updates.

Basically you'll only need to buy one game, there will never be an Xbox One version of a game and a totally different Xbox One X version, all Xbox One games work on either console.
  6. gds1972 Win User

External HDD from Xbox One To Xbox One X

Hi

Yes you should be able to use the external hard drive from your existing Xbox One on an Xbox One X without needing to do anything.
Thema:

1. None of the games from external are starting on xbox one x (from saturday) - Similar Threads - None games external

2. Is there issues on publishing games on XBOX ONE in a none XBOX ONE listed country - Malaysia ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there issues on publishing games on XBOX ONE in a none XBOX ONE listed country - Malaysia ?: Hi, I registered with Microsoft Partner Center some time ago during Windows phone period. Currently planning to develop UWP using C/C++ to publish games on XBOX ONE. However, I am unclear if...
  3. None of my games will play.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    None of my games will play.: So I recently tried to install the new Apex Legends game and it wouldn't download. no big lose I'll just play something else. Well now I can't. none of the games I digitally bought will start. It...
  4. I am having xbox one s ,i have brought 4 games digital purchase,now none of this 4 games...

in XBoX on Windows
    I am having xbox one s ,i have brought 4 games digital purchase,now none of this 4 games...: I am having xbox one s ,i have brought 4 games digital purchase,now none of this 4 games are able to play as it is asking me whether i am owner of this game ,kindly visit microsoft store for...
  5. Bought 2 £10 gift cards one from a shop another downloaded from game none work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought 2 £10 gift cards one from a shop another downloaded from game none work: error message from the gift card is MB/Jj7TzYEepUl1.1.1.6.9 2018/08/09 - 18:55:51 UTC can’t download the Xbox hub app either the Xbox was purchased 7/8/18. The scratch off isn’t damaged also same...
  6. All 3 games in the COD MW Bundle for 360 are BC. None of them show up in Xbox One Ready to ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    All 3 games in the COD MW Bundle for 360 are BC. None of them show up in Xbox One Ready to ...: Bought the digital version of Call of Duty Modern Warfare Bundle for Xbox 360 from Microsoft in Jan of 2017. All three titles are now backwards compatible. None of them show up in the Ready to...
  7. None of my online games work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    None of my online games work: when I try and play any games that require Xbox live it instantly disconnects me but I can still talk to friends on party even though i can’t use any online features in any of my games...
  8. Game freezing - but not expecting reply - none have answers

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game freezing - but not expecting reply - none have answers: This is probably a total waste of time since, when I clicked on answered, a total of ZERO have been answered. Game locks up. If you wait long enough it starts running again, but how long? No...
  9. I launched the game but it sent me straight to the opening of the game with none if my save ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I launched the game but it sent me straight to the opening of the game with none if my save ...: I launched the forza horizon 3 game but it sent me straight to the opening of the game with none if my save data 2ccb9504-9ef2-4a46-836b-fe6b93de5419
  10. Error Code 0x87e00064 None of my CD games will load up, only digital copies...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error Code 0x87e00064 None of my CD games will load up, only digital copies...: None of my CD copy games will play/load, only digital copies. Received this error message before reinstalling, none will reinstall. Tried on a different xbox one, still will not load/install....