None of the games from external are starting on xbox one x (from saturday)

Discus and support None of the games from external are starting on xbox one x (from saturday) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I am having an issue with external hdd, from starurday I can not start any game from it, it starts but either screen is black for eternity or... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by overrider18, Feb 12, 2019.

1. overrider18
    overrider18 Guest

Hello,

I am having an issue with external hdd, from starurday I can not start any game from it, it starts but either screen is black for eternity or there is an error message says it takes to long to start the game. I have tried to move games from external to internal,
    but it is mowing some data, then I have to swith off/on the console and again, some data and stops. Drive is brand new and there was no problems before "bad update" this week with black screen issues. In my opinion it might be something with xbox software.
    Anybody having the same problems?

:)

overrider18, Feb 12, 2019
  2. Cowgrlzroc Win User

Sorry to hear about the issues your are having. I agree that you may have a corrupted file, but before completely wiping that external hdd, try unplugging the external hdd from your console and then doing a full power cycle of your xbox. Holding down the
    power button for 8-10 seconds to shut it off. Unplug the power cord for at least 10 seconds (longer the better). Plug everything back in, including your external hdd, and start it up. Worth a try. I've had some issues with my Xbox reading my external hdd,
    and so far this has worked.

Best wishes,

Cowgirl
  3. choppyseize Win User

It sounds like you have a corrupted file on the external. You may have to wipe it entirely and download the games again.
  4. Shaggy2000 Win User

XBox One X and external drive

It was confirmed last night that any current external hard drive will work with the Xbox One X, however you may want to consider moving some of the games you play often over to the Xbox One X internal hard drive as it will probably load games quicker from
    internal HDD than your external one.
  5. Shaggy2000 Win User

Question for staff please.

Games released before the Xbox One X is released will more than likely just get a patch (quite a sizable one at that) to get them ready for the X, some may already have all that code built in from the start though, and all it will take is to plug your external
    hard drive into the X and press play.

After the Xbox One X is released though most games (not all) will have the "X code" built in, so there shouldn't be any patch updates.

Basically you'll only need to buy one game, there will never be an Xbox One version of a game and a totally different Xbox One X version, all Xbox One games work on either console.
  6. gds1972 Win User

External HDD from Xbox One To Xbox One X

Hi

Yes you should be able to use the external hard drive from your existing Xbox One on an Xbox One X without needing to do anything.
Thema:

1. None of the games from external are starting on xbox one x (from saturday) - Similar Threads - None games external

2. Some games will not load with restrictions set on none.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some games will not load with restrictions set on none.: Looking for n answer that apparently xbox can't supply. My console will not load some online games. It goes to the load screen then minutes later returns to the home screen. We have every reset...
  3. None of my games work, even offline games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    None of my games work, even offline games: I understand Xbox live is having problems but none of my games will work, not even games that I own disks for that are not online games. I even unplugged my internet and no games will work, and...
  4. None of my games will load

in XBoX Games and Apps
    None of my games will load: None of my games will load and an error code pops up. When going to the website and searching the code it doesn’t have any files on it. I logged in on my buddies xbox and his works perfectly fine,...
  5. None of my games will start up

in XBoX on Consoles
    None of my games will start up: this is the error i recieve: try again in a bit theres a problem with your xbox live services code 0x87e107df bcd54dfc-9178-4d93-8d23-451462bdcf6c
  6. None of my games work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    None of my games work: So, sometimes my games will load to the menu and wont let me pass cause itll infinetly load or itll freeze and sometimes it doesnt load at all. Happens with all my games, and ive deleted all and...
  7. Extreme lag on some online games, none on others... any ideas?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Extreme lag on some online games, none on others... any ideas?: so i’ve been experiencing a lot of lag lately, latency lag and server connection errors but my xbox doesn’t say something is wrong when i check connection. I would really like a better playing...
  8. NONE OF MY GAMES WILL PLAY

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NONE OF MY GAMES WILL PLAY: I can't play any games they try to load but won't then I get put back to the home screen. All games are on my Xbox one hard drive. I restarted my Xbox turned it off from my controller but nothing...
  9. after playing minecraft, why will none of my other games start?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    after playing minecraft, why will none of my other games start?: Hey guys! It has come to my attention that if i play minecraft for awhile and then try to start another game to play i get a "game took to long to start" pop up. It hasn't just been me, apparently...
  10. Is there issues on publishing games on XBOX ONE in a none XBOX ONE listed country - Malaysia ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there issues on publishing games on XBOX ONE in a none XBOX ONE listed country - Malaysia ?: Hi, I registered with Microsoft Partner Center some time ago during Windows phone period. Currently planning to develop UWP using C/C++ to publish games on XBOX ONE. However, I am unclear if...