Nonviolence in video games

Discus and support Nonviolence in video games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I like games where I have the option to do a pacifist run - like in Undertale, although I often get very impatient at particularly hard parts and skip... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Maetheos, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Maetheos
    Maetheos Guest

I like games where I have the option to do a pacifist run - like in Undertale, although I often get very impatient at particularly hard parts and skip over the pacifist route.

Whilst not particularly "pacifist" I like that in Hitman you get bonus points for doing all non-target takeouts without killing them.

:)

Maetheos, Sep 23, 2019
  2. ScottTHEscammeR Win User

I find that even in "non violent" games everyone tries to find ways to be violent anyway lol.
  3. pawncrackers Win User

lol, there's a form of violence in almost every game, from a bug you pop in Dig Dug, things you kill in Minecraft, people you attack in Mirror's Edge, down to chainsawing a grub in Gears..!

Puzzle games like Uno, Scrabble, Monopoly, The Witness, and The Jackbox Party Pack's 'Quiplash' come to mind, that are not particularly violent in nature, but more make you think, unite friends and bring all kinds of players together, to have fun.

All that matters, is that it IRL, you know the difference between what is appropriate behaviour, and what is not acceptable. Video games are a great way to have fun, enjoy new universes, to enjoy powerful/meaningful stories and to leave with unforgettable
    experiences.

L
  4. Legendgenesis Win User

Aside from straight up puzzle games, I think one of the best non-violent games I've played is probably going to have to be Slime Rancher. sure there are slimes that will attack you, but you simply wash them away and you never really die. Plus it's great
    fun for my girls.

As far as playing non-violently in games... yes, I do it all the time. It was really fun in the Metal Gear and Deus Ex games.
  5. NiteTimeOwl3533 Win User

The Turning Test had some really complex puzzles I liked the game
  6. Ironwilled Win User

A good old fashioned pillow fight maybe?

But on a serious note, I do enjoy some non-violent games as well, lego games usually or some of the interesting ID games like ABZU.
Thema:

1. Nonviolence in video games - Similar Threads - Nonviolence video games

2. Xbox app on iPhone - Video player scrubber not appearing

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox app on iPhone - Video player scrubber not appearing: Xbox app - Video player scrubber problem on iPhone (13.1.3). Video player scrubber bar is not appearing (along with the ‘Done’ button that should be in left corner) when viewing my own and friends...
  3. Green screen with sound when i watch videos

in XBoX on Consoles
    Green screen with sound when i watch videos: Hello, Recently and suddenly ,when i try to watch a game trailer or a video on youtube or netflix, i can see only a green screen although sound is ok. I must turn off my console,remove the power...
  4. Video apps not working and network speed is good and connected

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Video apps not working and network speed is good and connected: My youtube, hulu and netflix apps are all severely lagging on my xbox360 to the point that i cant use them. I tested my network status and its connected, my internet speed is golden and ive...
  5. grabación video y sonido combinación windows+G [Mod Translation-video recording and sound...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    grabación video y sonido combinación windows+G [Mod Translation-video recording and sound...: ¿Podrían decirme por qué no soy capaz de hacer una grabación completa (quiero decir de video y sonido)?. La semana pasada lo hice sin problema y desde esta mañana el sistema solo graba la imagen,...
  6. Xbox, videos, and the hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox, videos, and the hard drive: Hello, I was wondering if I could set my Xbox One S to save game clips to my in-console hard drive, specifically in the videos folder. I was browsing through my clips today, and all my clips...
  7. Unable to re-download Amazon Prime Video app on Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to re-download Amazon Prime Video app on Xbox 360: I’m in the UK and have an Xbox 360. I had to delete my Amazon Prime Video app, because I needed to change Amazon accounts and it wouldn’t allow me to log out of the app (just kept saying error,...
  8. edere File Video su Pc sulla Xbox 360[Translation-E.O. Video Files on PC on Xbox 360]

in XBoX Accessibility
    edere File Video su Pc sulla Xbox 360[Translation-E.O. Video Files on PC on Xbox 360]: Salve. Perché ultimamente con la xbox 360 non vedo più i file video provenienti dal pc? Prima dell'ultimo update grande di windows 10 , io li potevo vedere benissimo. Sul pc mettevo i file...
  9. See videos of my pc on my xbox one...

in XBoX on Consoles
    See videos of my pc on my xbox one...: Hi, I want to see my videos, are on my pc, with my xbox one. I install app 'VLC for xbox one' and i can connect with my pc windows 10. I have a private network with wired. All my videos are in the...
  10. Star Wars Episode III: The Video Game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Star Wars Episode III: The Video Game: I heard that the new Xbox Scarrlett will host nearly every xbox game ever backwards compat. Is this true for Star Wars Episode 3: The Video Game? It's a classic, after all....