Nonviolence in video games

Discus and support Nonviolence in video games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I like games where I have the option to do a pacifist run - like in Undertale, although I often get very impatient at particularly hard parts and skip... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Maetheos, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Maetheos
    Maetheos Guest

I like games where I have the option to do a pacifist run - like in Undertale, although I often get very impatient at particularly hard parts and skip over the pacifist route.

Whilst not particularly "pacifist" I like that in Hitman you get bonus points for doing all non-target takeouts without killing them.

:)

Maetheos, Sep 23, 2019
  2. ScottTHEscammeR Win User

I find that even in "non violent" games everyone tries to find ways to be violent anyway lol.
  3. pawncrackers Win User

lol, there's a form of violence in almost every game, from a bug you pop in Dig Dug, things you kill in Minecraft, people you attack in Mirror's Edge, down to chainsawing a grub in Gears..!

Puzzle games like Uno, Scrabble, Monopoly, The Witness, and The Jackbox Party Pack's 'Quiplash' come to mind, that are not particularly violent in nature, but more make you think, unite friends and bring all kinds of players together, to have fun.

All that matters, is that it IRL, you know the difference between what is appropriate behaviour, and what is not acceptable. Video games are a great way to have fun, enjoy new universes, to enjoy powerful/meaningful stories and to leave with unforgettable
    experiences.

L
  4. Legendgenesis Win User

Aside from straight up puzzle games, I think one of the best non-violent games I've played is probably going to have to be Slime Rancher. sure there are slimes that will attack you, but you simply wash them away and you never really die. Plus it's great
    fun for my girls.

As far as playing non-violently in games... yes, I do it all the time. It was really fun in the Metal Gear and Deus Ex games.
  5. NiteTimeOwl3533 Win User

The Turning Test had some really complex puzzles I liked the game
  6. Ironwilled Win User

A good old fashioned pillow fight maybe?

But on a serious note, I do enjoy some non-violent games as well, lego games usually or some of the interesting ID games like ABZU.
Thema:

1. Nonviolence in video games - Similar Threads - Nonviolence video games

2. Xbox game bar takes clips of netflix when im asleep and deletes video files from my computer

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar takes clips of netflix when im asleep and deletes video files from my computer: The subject says it all, I read the may update for windows was trash and deleted peoples files so i stopped all updates until mid june then i accidentally updated , 3 days later I notice whenever...
  3. Amazon Video app glitch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Amazon Video app glitch: I've had Amazon video app on my Xbox 360 for a few years now. I hadn't used it for a few months, until last night. But, when I opened the app it's like my d-pad is stuck because all it wants to do...
  4. On my Xbox one, while watching Video streaming like Netflix, Disney plus or youtube, the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On my Xbox one, while watching Video streaming like Netflix, Disney plus or youtube, the...: On my Xbox one, While watching Video streaming like Netflix, Disney plus or youtube, the Audio on TV goes mute randomly from few seconds upto a minute. It comes back by itself. It only happens...
  5. xbox game pass catalog video should be of gameplay, not cinematic ads

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox game pass catalog video should be of gameplay, not cinematic ads: Would be better to have the videos in xbox game pass catalog include gameplay. Rather, most seem to be just cinematic ads which show no gameplay. I find those unhelpful at best and purposefully...
  6. Suddenly No Video

in XBoX on Consoles
    Suddenly No Video: Hello. Suddenly, my Xbox One S, which is less than 4 years old, stopped sending video to the TV. If everything is off and I power on the Xbox, it does eventually turn on the TV, as usual, so some...
  7. Xbox 360, video games, recording

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360, video games, recording: What's the best and easiest way to record gameplay on the Xbox 360? What are the best devices to use, if any? Where do i get them? How much do they cost? Cheaper alternatives? Also - if i also...
  8. Video games you quit and never finished?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Video games you quit and never finished?: Games online are becoming the best pastime through the decades of 1970. As time passes, the fad of internet video games is also boosting around the whole world. The video gaming ffxiv gil...
  9. Wirelessly output XBOX video

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wirelessly output XBOX video: I want to find a way to output my video signal from my Xbox to my android tablet without connecting them with a cable. I know there is the console streaming preview that’s going on right now but...
  10. Tengo problemas de vídeo, ayuda[I have video problems, help]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Tengo problemas de vídeo, ayuda[I have video problems, help]: Lo que pasó fue lo siguiente, un día lleve mi xbox one a casa de un amigo pero olvide el cable HDMI, el me presto uno pero era de baja calidad y como mi xbox estaba en 1080 no se podía ver,...