Not able to change my Xbox Live account "privacy and online safety" settings

Discus and support Not able to change my Xbox Live account "privacy and online safety" settings in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Since April, I've been trying to change the privacy and online safety setting on my xbox live account that lets me add friends. I do not have an xbox,... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by bluefuture, Jun 2, 2020.

1. bluefuture
    bluefuture Guest

Since April, I've been trying to change the privacy and online safety setting on my xbox live account that lets me add friends.

I do not have an xbox, but I do have some PC games I would like to play with my friends.

The problem is that there is currently no way to change your account's settings from anywhere but console.

I've been trying to follow this article that states there's a way to change these settings from xbox.com:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ety-and-privacy-settings-for-parents-and-kids

While following the instructions in the article I've realized that I'm not able to access my xbox settings through the website. Every time I tried clicking on the "Xbox settings" button from my profile drop down menu it kept sending me to
    this page:

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/...e-safety/manage-app-privacy-settings-xbox-one

After 2 months of trying to access my account settings - and the crucially system breaking issue not being fixed - I decided to look around the internet and see if I am the only one experiencing this problem. And than I found this post:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...settings/7f6b1de6-b1dd-47e4-a802-f103b44836ad

This post is from a year ago! This person had the exact same problem as me, more than 40 people noted that they are experiencing the same problem, and the issue is still not resolved a year later!

So I decided to repost this issue, just so it would get the attention it deserves.

If any more information is needed to try and resolve this issue, please tell me! Do not ignore or forget this post after 1 automated response.

I will be checking this post frequently to see if there are any questions that I could answer.

Thank you in advance,

Noam.

:)

bluefuture, Jun 2, 2020
  2. I am JeffRay90 Win User

I've encountered a glitch

Hello BEACH BBQ.

If an adult (Parental) account is associated with your safety and privacy settings then you are unable to change those settings.

For more information please read

Xbox online safety and privacy settings
  3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Xbox Game Pass sharing

4. DustinUssery Win User

Asking for password every time I sign in.

5. Killn The Drama Win User

Offline when I'm not offline?

Hello iGotzMunchys,

Xbox LIVE > Online safety and privacy. Make sure your online status is not blocked.

• Sign into your Xbox LIVE account on your console.
    • Go to Settings, then select Privacy.
    • Choose Change Settings, Then select Customize.
    • Change the settings to what you like it to be.
    • To exit, press the B button on your controller, Then choose Save and Exit.

To change child’s safety and privacy settings

Also more info in privacy settings can be found
    HERE
  6. Boom B00M Boom Win User
Thema:

1. Not able to change my Xbox Live account "privacy and online safety" settings - Similar Threads - able change Live

2. Not being able to change classic gamertag without paying

in XBoX Accessibility
    Not being able to change classic gamertag without paying: I recently decided to change my XBox gamertag due to me wanting to reflect my username on Minecraft Java edition on my recently acquired copy of Minecraft Bedrock edition. The process went...
  3. I changed my privacy setting to allow me to play multiplayer but still not being able to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my privacy setting to allow me to play multiplayer but still not being able to...: Hi, I'm having issues with playing Multiplayer in a game called dragon ball xenoverse 2. I have allowed my Account to play multiplayer mode however it says that I cannot do multiplayer cause of my...
  4. Cant login to xbox 360 , even though able to change password on microsoft account on pc....

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant login to xbox 360 , even though able to change password on microsoft account on pc....: Cant login to xbox 360 , even though able to change password on microsoft account on pc. Still no Joy, never had 2 step authentication , so no idea what that is. 98c558de-4473-4fc9-a3de-9cb941bb60b0
  5. If my account was hacked and somebody changed my gamertag, will I be able to get my old one...

in XBoX Accessibility
    If my account was hacked and somebody changed my gamertag, will I be able to get my old one...: The title basically, 3 days ago on the 20th my account was hacked (I found out yesterday, recovered my account and reset my password, we are all good in that sense) and the person who hacked me...
  6. Be able to change the number back to the circles

in XboX Insiders
    Be able to change the number back to the circles: So you see when you’ve been subscribed to Xbox live for over a year you get a number at your profile? Yeah well they changed it from the 2 circles to some oily hexagon with a square inside of it...
  7. Not able to change the title of my stream when I am setting up my broadcast.

in XboX Insiders
    Not able to change the title of my stream when I am setting up my broadcast.: Alpha ring. As the post says, I am not able to change the title of my stream when I am setting up my broadcast. The only way that I can change the title is after the broadcast has started, and...
  8. not able to change gamerpic on the xbox mobile app

in XBoX Accessibility
    not able to change gamerpic on the xbox mobile app: hello! i've been having a problem with uploading a custom gamerpic via the xbox mobile app. it lets me select a picture, crop it, and upload it, but it never changes on anything. i've waited a...
  9. Not Able to Change Xbox Live Account on Minecraft Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Not Able to Change Xbox Live Account on Minecraft Windows 10: I'm not sure the best way to explain this, but I'll try. :) My son plays MInecraft. Used to be just PE on phones and tablets, but he now also has both Java edition and Windows 10 edition...
  10. Can a Staff or Administrator be able to change my Xbox LIVE Renewal Status please!?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can a Staff or Administrator be able to change my Xbox LIVE Renewal Status please!?: I need to remove my Credit Card details for certain reasons but it says I can't do that until I deactivate Xbox LIVE Auto-Renewal. When I go to Xbox.com/Accounts to deactivate it, I go to the...