Not able to change Xbox settings for my child account

Discus and support Not able to change Xbox settings for my child account in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Am using minecraft games in my iPad , i mean using by my kid. And child account is configured in that iPad, but from my parent profile am not able to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by GopsKK, Jun 23, 2021.

1. GopsKK
    GopsKK Guest

Am using minecraft games in my iPad , i mean using by my kid. And child account is configured in that iPad, but from my parent profile am not able to see my kids gamer settings because of this am not able to enable multiplayer option.

Can anyone help me out on this situation.

Thanks

Gopal.

:)

GopsKK, Jun 23, 2021
  2. NeoDan123 Win User

Account screen time i forgot the code

If the account you have is a child account, you will not be able to change any settings yourself. Only an adult account linked to the child account will be able to change these settings.
  3. XBF Ihssane Z Win User

In order to change your child's setting you need to follow the steps below:

• Go to account.xbox.com and sign in with an adult's Microsoft account. Next, choose Profile > Privacy Settings. Follow the instructions to verify your identity.
    • Next, select your child's gamertag.
    • Choose Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety, adjust the settings, then select Submit. Do the same for Privacy and Xbox 360 Online Safety.
    • To update the changes you’ve just made in all the devices your child uses to play Xbox, have your child sign out of each device, and then sign back in. "
  4. WPAK Win User

Xbox One Multiplayer Issues and More

Hi there,

I don't think it's possible to change the Date of Birth on a Xbox Live Account.

A parental account in the same Microsoft Family with the child account should be able to change the settings for the child account
  5. XBF Leonzo G Win User

Child Account

Hello goboilers777,

Thank you for keeping us updated. The passkey is only for the Xbox. If the child knows the email address and password, the child will be able to change the family settings from a cell phone or computer. The best way to manage the security of the family settings
    is to set up the passkey on the console as recommended above and
    change the password of the adult account
    . If the child has access to the
    security information of the account
    , the child will be able to reset the password. In the event of attempting to change the password, the Microsoft account will send a verification code to the security information of the account. As long as the child does
    not have access to the security information, access to the password or access to the passkey; the child will not be able to change the family settings.
  6. WPAK Win User

Can not access the xbox settings.

Hi there,

if your Xbox Live Account is a Child account then only the Parental account is able to change the settings for your account.

Which means that the parental account needs to sign in and when that account is signed in they are able to change the settings for the chlid account.
Thema:

1. Not able to change Xbox settings for my child account - Similar Threads - able change settings

2. cannot change Xbox privacy settings as an adult, as a result not being able to play...

in XBoX Accessibility
    cannot change Xbox privacy settings as an adult, as a result not being able to play...: In my account I cannot change my xbox privacy settings I do not recall it being a child account please help. d8944020-3a82-48cd-9d2a-942dfecaf76a
  3. Not able to change my Xbox Live account "privacy and online safety" settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    Not able to change my Xbox Live account "privacy and online safety" settings: Since April, I've been trying to change the privacy and online safety setting on my xbox live account that lets me add friends. I do not have an xbox, but I do have some PC games I would like to...
  4. Not able to change privacy settings

in XBoX on Windows
    Not able to change privacy settings: Hi, I recently got gifted Forza horizon 4 on pc from my friend and it was going well until I somehow figured out that I cant play online till I change my privacy settings from xbox.com but when I...
  5. Wireless Gaming Adapters: Changing my pricvacy settings to be able to connect to another wifi

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Wireless Gaming Adapters: Changing my pricvacy settings to be able to connect to another wifi: Wireless Gaming Adapters: Changing my pricvacy settings to be able to connect to another wifi I was trying to connect to the wifi at another location, and it said I need to check my privacy...
  6. Not able to change Privacy and Online safety settings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not able to change Privacy and Online safety settings: Hi, I have recently purchased a game "Sea of Thieves" using my Microsoft account. In order for me to be able to play the game on my PC (Windows 10) I need to join multiplayer games and hence I...
  7. I am not able to change my privacy settings.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am not able to change my privacy settings.: I am not able to change my privacy settings due to my account being in family settings which has a parent account that I cannot access for a unknown reason. My account is a child account I have no...
  8. Not able to change privacy settings. This is frustrating and stupid.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not able to change privacy settings. This is frustrating and stupid.: I can't change the privacy settings on my account to allow broadcasting on Twitch. Every time I set it to "allow" it never changes it from "blocked". WTF Microsoft? Fix your broken ***....
  9. I'm not able to change my privacy settings.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm not able to change my privacy settings.: I'm pretty sure I'm the parent account on this xbox but I have no way of finding out. When I go to privacy & online safety it says "your privacy settings are in effected, but cannot be changed...
  10. I'm not able to change my privacy settings, yes yes I know you need a parent account. NEED ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm not able to change my privacy settings, yes yes I know you need a parent account. NEED ...: So I want to buy trials fusion and when I confirm everything it says I need to change my settings to buy this game.( I press help and it tells me I must be a parent to change my privacy settings)...