Not able to connect console to Roku TV using wireless WiFi.

Discus and support Not able to connect console to Roku TV using wireless WiFi. in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Not able to connect console to Roku TV using wireless WiFi. Tried Fix it and it said to make sure my modem isn't filtering out my console's MAC... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by MockBug58170376, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Not able to connect console to Roku TV using wireless WiFi.

Tried Fix it and it said to make sure my modem isn't filtering out my console's MAC addresses.

:)

MockBug58170376, Jan 30, 2017
  2. Miss Portia
    Miss Portia Guest
    can't connect to xbox live when using hdmi cable

Is your TV connected via wifi as well? I'm thinking there is a relationship between your TV's wireless connectivity and the Xbox. Could you try turning off the wifi adapter on the TV and see if your console is then able to connect?

Miss Portia, Jan 30, 2017
  3. herbert
    herbert Guest
    Why when i test my xbox live connection does it say its working, but it doesn't?

How are you connecting to the internet? Are you using a wired connection, or a wireless (WiFi)? I had a console where a WiFi connection would give me occasional problems, so you would want to check that out.

herbert, Jan 30, 2017
  4. Miss Portia Win User

can't connect to xbox live when using hdmi cable

Is your TV connected via wifi as well? I'm thinking there is a relationship between your TV's wireless connectivity and the Xbox. Could you try turning off the wifi adapter on the TV and see if your console is then able to connect?
  5. Mister Cerb Win User

Roku

Hey there Mark! Let's see what we can do to get things sorted.

Just to be sure we all understand, how do you have your Roku connected to your TV?

If your Roku is connected directly to your TV without being connected to your Xbox One console at all, it sounds like you might need to get in touch with Roku support about the issue.

Let us know if you have any questions and we'll be here to help! ^_^
  6. Mister Mascot Win User

TWC TV app

Hey there asol21,

Have you tried to remove and redownload your profile yet to see if that helps? Are you using a wifi connection with the console or a wireless connection? If you're wireless, try bypassing the wifi and use a wired connection to see if that helps.

Let us know!
  7. Arminator Win User

Internet is not fast on my XBOX One X

Is your console connected via an Ethernet cord or via WiFi?

If it's a wireless connection, be aware, that network speed via WiFi is dependent on several factors: Is your Router 802.11ac capable? If so, does it support MIMO? Otherwise only one antenna and channel is used to transmit data, and if multiple WiFi devices
    interact with the WiFi, the speed of the WiFi decreases with the amount of devices using the WiFi.

Also, the more wireless interference is introduced (number of walls between your router and the console, and the amount of metal around your home causing "echoes" in the WiFi signals, or neighboring WiFi networks or wireless devices that interfere with your
    WiFi connection.

That being said, WiFi is always a bad choice for high performance networking.
  8. irekski Win User

Bluetooth Headsets

that is because the console does not use bluetooth to connect your controller nor official wireless headsets it uses the wifi receiver on the console. or technically wireless 802.11b/g/n
Thema:

1. Not able to connect console to Roku TV using wireless WiFi. - Similar Threads - able connect console

2. Not able to connect to XBOX LIVE

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not able to connect to XBOX LIVE: When I check network setting it says xbox live is unavailable but when I go online to the website its available. f6a81e82-9a11-43e6-a351-d397a180aaaa
  3. xbox not able to connect controllers to

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox not able to connect controllers to: I have been using a controller on my Xbox for a while now and when my brother wants to borrow the controller for his Xbox he is unable to connect any controller to his, both wireless and by USB...
  4. Not able to connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not able to connect to internet: Ive had this issue for about 3 days now i have tried every solution nothing has worked my xbox will not connect to the house internet but will to my mobile data I need some help off anyone maybe...
  5. Will we ever be able to play our purchased Indie games w/o online connection?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will we ever be able to play our purchased Indie games w/o online connection?: I have never understood why we need to be online to access our indie library. I know that online support for 360 isnt going to be a thing forever and while the vast majority of these games are...
  6. WIN 8 games are no longer able to connect to Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    WIN 8 games are no longer able to connect to Xbox: As of a few hours ago (all was fine earlier this morning), none of my WIN 8 games are able to connect to Xbox. Taptiles asks for my password and then tells me I already own it and then throws an...
  7. Only one user able to connect to xBox live or xBox gamepass

in XBoX Accessibility
    Only one user able to connect to xBox live or xBox gamepass: I've just got a new XBox 1, and got free trials of both xBox live and gamepass. However, Only I am able to use this to go online or download software. There are two other accounts, one of which is...
  8. Not able to connect to internet

in XBoX Accessibility
    Not able to connect to internet: On going issue connecting game to internet when have no other issues with internet. This is clearly an issue the game itself is having and would be nice if it would get fixed or will quit the...
  9. Able to get on YouTube with no hesitation but it wont officially connect me to Xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Able to get on YouTube with no hesitation but it wont officially connect me to Xbox live: Im Able to get on YouTube with no hesitation on my xbox one but it wont officially connect me to Xbox live even though im connected to the same wifi and i have gold...
  10. Minecraft friends are not able to connect to my world

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft friends are not able to connect to my world: Hello support, I recently tried to play minecraft cross platform with a friend. He is on Xbox one, I'm on PC. He used to join my server, but now he couldn't join me. We tried everything, we both...