Not able to connect on Xbox live with a friend.

Discus and support Not able to connect on Xbox live with a friend. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey there, me and my friend are connected and "friends" on xbox live on computer, but when we are both signed into our xbox, only one of us can see... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Researw3, Mar 26, 2020 at 6:13 AM.

1. Researw3
    Researw3 Guest

Hey there, me and my friend are connected and "friends" on xbox live on computer, but when we are both signed into our xbox, only one of us can see that we are friends. On my console, 360 Elite, it shows I have zero friends even though in my xbox account
    he is my friend.

What is going on?

I have tried factory resetting my xbox, only for it to not work, and on his end everything looks like it is working. I am unable to receive or send messages to him, but he is able to do both and sees the result. However, on xbox live on a computer, we can
    both send friend requests and I can see he's my friend (just to reiterate).

Please help I am very frustrated.

:)

2. Bandido1508 Win User

go to xbox.com on the PC sign into your account, click on the gamer tag in the upper right corner, you will get a drop down box which says xbox profile, there will be 3 dots next to it. Click on the dots it will bring you to a new page. On the next
    page in the left column you will see a selection that says privacy and online safety. This is how you adjust your account settings for friends. It is a lot harder to find than it used to be.

There are two sections, one for windows 10 and Xbox one and a separate one for Xbox 360 and that is the one you need to adjust

Also try removing and re adding your profile to the console and make sure your security is up to date.
  3. Researw3 Win User

This is what I get when I click the "Devices" section, when trying to remove and add the device. I refreshed several times and keep getting an error and I just wish there was email support for xbox live but I can't find any. I have changed my privacy settings
    and loosened them, but as they were, almost all of them were set to "everyone." So, I don't think it changed anything. It looks to me like xbox has some kind of internal error since I can't view my devices. Thank you for taking the time to post a reply! I
    appreciate the help.

The original picture was of a simple error screen saying "please try again later" but had some personal information on it, as it was a screenshot. It has been removed.

Thanks again.
  4. WeZel2323 Win User

Locked: Keep getting disconnected on Xbox Live, cannot stay connected long enough to join games.

mines connecting to xbox live just not able to connect with a party or join a game with friend but can play with strangers?
  5. PreMyPants Win User

Xbox 360 won't connect to Xbox Live

Well, that sucks. Unfortunately I am not able to bring it to a friends house.

I was able to connect to Xbox Live until recently
  6. JontheGeekGuy Win User

XBox Party

Are you sure the friend trying to connect does not have a limited NAT? Are you able to connect to other Xbox live parties?
Thema:

1. Not able to connect on Xbox live with a friend. - Similar Threads - able connect live

2. Not able to connect to XBOX LIVE

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not able to connect to XBOX LIVE: When I check network setting it says xbox live is unavailable but when I go online to the website its available. f6a81e82-9a11-43e6-a351-d397a180aaaa
  3. Only one user able to connect to xBox live or xBox gamepass

in XBoX Accessibility
    Only one user able to connect to xBox live or xBox gamepass: I've just got a new XBox 1, and got free trials of both xBox live and gamepass. However, Only I am able to use this to go online or download software. There are two other accounts, one of which is...
  4. Not Able to connect to xbox live even once for 2 years

in XBoX Accessibility
    Not Able to connect to xbox live even once for 2 years: Hi, I bought an xbox 360 kinect 2 years back and have not been able to login to xbox live even once.I tested my connections and everything is fine.Currently am getting the error code...
  5. Able to get on YouTube with no hesitation but it wont officially connect me to Xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Able to get on YouTube with no hesitation but it wont officially connect me to Xbox live: Im Able to get on YouTube with no hesitation on my xbox one but it wont officially connect me to Xbox live even though im connected to the same wifi and i have gold...
  6. Not able to connect xbox live, but well connected to the network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not able to connect xbox live, but well connected to the network: Hi, I tried to connect today to my account on xbox one S, and i have an error message saying that i am not connected to the network and suggest to check connection. I did the test, and...
  7. Able to connect to The internet but not Xbox live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Able to connect to The internet but not Xbox live: I'm able to connect to the internet but not to Xbox live I've tried so many things and none of the has work please help on how to fix this problem f1b54949-022a-4d95-bc08-2c3e6fc2e3ff
  8. Not able to connect to Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not able to connect to Live: Am I the only one having issues? I've reset my Xbox, and now I've tried deleting/redownloading my profile. I can't even redownload my profile now. I'm not having any other issues with my internet,...
  9. I have the problem of not being able to connect to Xbox Live, error code 8015190A and ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have the problem of not being able to connect to Xbox Live, error code 8015190A and ...: Good morning, as I commented I have the problem of not being able to connect to Xbox Live, and apply the solutions on the page and none helped me, the error code is 8015190A, I hope to have your...
  10. Was able to connect to XBox Live yesterday.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Was able to connect to XBox Live yesterday.: So I got a new debit card a few months ago and I forgot to update my payment info. I cannot connect to Xbox Live Gold or to the Division. today. I promptly went and paid for a full year of Xbox...