Not able to install games on 2TB external hard drive

Discus and support Not able to install games on 2TB external hard drive in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Xbox recent update does not allow external hard drive to receive, transfer or download any content. I have done every workaround and every step.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ItsAdonis, Mar 4, 2020.

1. ItsAdonis
    ItsAdonis Guest

Xbox recent update does not allow external hard drive to receive, transfer or download any content. I have done every workaround and every step. Nothing has worked. I get the message “Installation stopped.” Is there a fix coming from Microsoft anytine
    soon?

:)

ItsAdonis, Mar 4, 2020
  2. Frankalore the Merci Win User

I think xbox may come with a fix soon as this affects a large group of people.
  3. Zdubleu Win User

Is it a new hardrive? Is it full? If no to both, do a power cycle of your system.
  4. TaperLawyer2779 Win User

Maybe try formatting it first
  5. Brian H_1337 Win User

Same, purchased a 2TB Seagate SSHD for my son. Since the last big update, the drive is visible and set to the default, but we cannot transfer or updates games on the device. Microsoft needs to fix this ASAP.
  6. zeroice007 Win User

Please give us more information before we have you doing all sorts of unnecessary. Ensure you have all updates etc. I have 2TB external drives on one of my xbox's I have never had an issue. I also have a hub with 21TB on that with a few external drives
    connected to that. That is on my xbox one x. Restart your xbox etc by turning it off unplugging everything so just ensure everything is connected. Restart your machine Go to storage to see if your drive is there obviously Make sure the hdd is not faulty or
    corrupted . Ensure the hard drive is working Do you have a seagate western digital or some other external drive? All hddd are not the same. Do you have a sdd drive on there just asking? Just ensure the drive is working perfectly. Test the drive by just making
    sure it is in fact being recognized.
Thema:

1. Not able to install games on 2TB external hard drive - Similar Threads - able install games

2. None of the games I install are either able to be launched, or crash after reaching the...

in XBoX on Windows
    None of the games I install are either able to be launched, or crash after reaching the...: This has been a recurring issue for several months, and I just now decided to test to see how varied the problem is. This was a problem for We Happy Few, and as far as I could tell I could not be...
  3. Is anyone able to kick off install/download XBox Live/Gold 360 free games on your XBox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is anyone able to kick off install/download XBox Live/Gold 360 free games on your XBox...: This has stopped working for the past three months. I'm able to kick off a install on my XBox One for the Free with Gold games but the download on XBox 360 games (I suppose the sitefinity hosted)...
  4. Is Anyone Else Not Able To Install Gears 5 Through Game Pass On PC?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is Anyone Else Not Able To Install Gears 5 Through Game Pass On PC?: So I preloaded Gears 5 Ultimate Edition on my PC through the Game Pass app, and I was able to fully download it before the game released on the sixth. I was even able to play it for a short time...
  5. No longer able to install games or updates online

in XboX Insiders
    No longer able to install games or updates online: I just bought Control and I'm trying to install from the disc. It also happens to have a day-one 5gb patch. If I install the game from the disc while online, it stops at 328.93mb. It just sits...
  6. We should be able to choose whether or not to install 4K game content on Xbox One X.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    We should be able to choose whether or not to install 4K game content on Xbox One X.: I don't know about you, but I bought my Xbox One X to have the best gaming experience possible. I don't own a 4K TV, but I was hoping to benefit from the upgrades to have better framerates....
  7. I have not been able to rate my game that I got from my local Gamestop store, its installed ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have not been able to rate my game that I got from my local Gamestop store, its installed ...: Was not sure if this belongs under support or Discussion tab in any case, I have not been able to rate my disc game on my xbox one system, please note that my Xbox one system is reading the...
  8. Not being able to install a game from the ‘ready to install’ list

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not being able to install a game from the ‘ready to install’ list: When I want to reinstall any game and I press start on that game and go down to install, it then doesn’t install - nothing happens - I just wait and see nothing come up. I have no idea how to...
  9. Not able to download or install games after update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not able to download or install games after update: I had to post on here, as I could not see anything similar explaining this fix. After the day or so of grief I have had with this. We got there in the end. XBOX one S. Latest update. (Nov 2017)...
  10. Not able to install free gold games after subscription renewal

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not able to install free gold games after subscription renewal: My gold subscription is renewed for a year weeks back and I can see on the website as well as settings in Xbox one. But when I tried to download the free gold game it is asking me to get gold and...