Not able to switch Hard Drive Storage Locations on XBOX GAME PASS PC

Discus and support Not able to switch Hard Drive Storage Locations on XBOX GAME PASS PC in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Every time that switch the storage from my SSD which has 30 GB available of the 150 GB to my 2 TB Game HD which steam and the like have no issue with ,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by BigMeng13, Jun 12, 2019.

1. BigMeng13
    BigMeng13 Guest

Every time that switch the storage from my SSD which has 30 GB available of the 150 GB to my 2 TB Game HD which steam and the like have no issue with , it tells me I have to chose the OS drive for it to work. When i select my Photo and Media Back Up HD
    it says its not setup for game installation, which I understand. For the life of me I don't want to go have to buy a 2TB SSD and reinstall windows and everything else just to get this to work to me it seems as a design flaw but if anyone can point me in the
    right direction, That would be amazing. Right now this has been nothin but P I T A.....

:)

BigMeng13, Jun 12, 2019
  2. ARIDOM Win User

Hi BigMeng13!

If you can't change it with the application installed, try uninstalling it. in the installation process you have the option to change the path.

I know it's not a big help, but if I'm not mistaken, it still can't be changed in beta.

Have a good day!
  3. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

be sure to provide this feedback via the Feedback option within the Xbox beta app. You can find it by clicking your profile icon in the app in top right corner and select the Feedback option, this will start the Feedback app where you can provide this feedback.

That way the correct people will see it.
  4. steeledwand7664 Win User

Try following the directions in this post.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/how-to-change-install-directory-for-xbox-beta-app/04aeae3d-7a64-44c0-b615-7ae0a9540cd4

I was able to change where apps where installed but have not tried downloading a game to see if it worked yet.
  5. An Xbox Dude Win User

regarding smackdown vs raw 2011 (xbox 360 version)

If you select a different storage device then of course everything would be reset. Always choose the storage device that has your save file on it. In the options menu of the game you should be able to switch storage devices. Just switch back to your hard
    drive.
  6. iamscott1962 Win User

regarding smackdown vs raw 2011 (xbox 360 version)

[quote user="An Xbox Dude"]

If you select a different storage device then of course everything would be reset. Always choose the storage device that has your save file on it. In the options menu of the game you should be able to switch storage devices. Just switch back to your hard
    drive.

[/quote]

if i chose the wrong one it was accidental. not sure if i can switch storage devices. if i could i would think this wouldn't solve my problem.
Thema:

1. Not able to switch Hard Drive Storage Locations on XBOX GAME PASS PC - Similar Threads - able switch Hard

2. Lost 2 step authentication to account(not this one), waited the 30 days to be able to reset...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Lost 2 step authentication to account(not this one), waited the 30 days to be able to reset...: As It says in the title, I had a Microsoft account but lost my phone containing the two-step authentication. This prompted me to have to recover the account as shown to me on the prompts on my...
  3. Sooo.. it’s been like a week and I haven’t even been able to take advantage of pc games pass

in XboX Insiders
    Sooo.. it’s been like a week and I haven’t even been able to take advantage of pc games pass: The bugs have been posted on here time and time again is anything going to happen? I know this is a beta.. but we still technically paid for this. Have not been able to download or launch any...
  4. Not Able To Send Messages From XBOX Console Companion (Beta)

in XBoX on Windows
    Not Able To Send Messages From XBOX Console Companion (Beta): Hello, Today, for the first time, I opened XBOX Console Companion (Beta) to chat with my friends. I send two messages to my friend and it reaches successfully. Then I send a third message and...
  5. Will we be able to play all of the Original Xbox Discs on Xbox Scarlett?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will we be able to play all of the Original Xbox Discs on Xbox Scarlett?: Like example The Punisher 2005 game for the first Xbox or Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis or Grand Theft Auto Vice City or True Crime Streets of LA and New York City etc if we have there game...
  6. Not able to install Minecraft in my new laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not able to install Minecraft in my new laptop: I have purchased Minecraft for Windows 10 PC for a new laptop. I already have installed Minecraft in one another laptop which I purchased last year. Even after adding the new device, to my account...
  7. only being able to be seen as offline by friends after someone "booted me offline"

in XBoX on Consoles
    only being able to be seen as offline by friends after someone "booted me offline": Someone messaged me about 3 years ago saying that they were going to boot me offline. It was some type of DoS or DDoS attack I'm sure. But my friends still see me as offline even when changing my...
  8. Will we be able to transfer our Gamertag and all of it's Achievements to Xbox Scarlett?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will we be able to transfer our Gamertag and all of it's Achievements to Xbox Scarlett?: I'd love to keep my Gamertag since it's the same one I have had since 2006. Is there currently any information about transferring our Gamertags to this new Xbox console?...
  9. Will Xbox One ever be able to switch the inputs on my TV?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will Xbox One ever be able to switch the inputs on my TV?: I know that part of the philosophy of Xbox One is that it should be the only device you need to have connected to your television, but this simply isn't realistic yet. Right now I need to have my...
  10. Being able to switch between multiple consoles on two generations

in XBoX on Consoles
    Being able to switch between multiple consoles on two generations: I've been wanting to play some Titanfall on my profile so that I don't disturb the progress of someone else's. Unfortunately, I do not have an Xbox One myself. I am aware that I can transfer...