Not able to transfer game files, why?

Discus and support Not able to transfer game files, why? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've been bothered by this for a long time but I can't seem to understand why it won't. My issue is with the Left 4 Dead series and another game that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TheOracleDragon, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Not able to transfer game files, why?

I've been bothered by this for a long time but I can't seem to understand why it won't.

My issue is with the Left 4 Dead series and another game that will not transfer or copy to USB or another memory device for my Xbox 360 and I wish to know why. The error I get is: This item cannot be transferred between profiles.

I plan on getting a new harddrive but this is the issue I'm dealing with currently with these 3 games. Does anyone know why I can't and/or how to fix this?

:)

TheOracleDragon, Mar 13, 2014
  2. KLRSKIR
    KLRSKIR Guest
    Going to buy a new Xbox, don't want to lose all my data...

Your files will not be in a readable state by your PC via the USB stick. This is intentional. Your best bet is to use the official transfer cable, as it will be able to transfer files that are not able to be copied nor moved any other way.

KLRSKIR, Mar 13, 2014
  3. Toddus
    Toddus Guest
    gears 3 bata transfer

Unless it's been deleted there is a file save labeled "Gears of War 3 Beta" under:

My Xbox > System Settings > Memory > Hard Drive > Games

You should be able to use a transfer cable or flash drive (or whatever you're using to transfer your data) to transfer this file.

Toddus, Mar 13, 2014
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

Some developers lock game saves so they can't be moved via a usb or other memory devices.

I think they will move if you use a transfer cable when you get your new hard drive but i'm not 100% sure.

Daft Badger, Mar 13, 2014
  5. Daft Badger Win User

Some developers lock game saves so they can't be moved via a usb or other memory devices.

I think they will move if you use a transfer cable when you get your new hard drive but i'm not 100% sure.
  6. KLRSKIR Win User

Going to buy a new Xbox, don't want to lose all my data...

Your files will not be in a readable state by your PC via the USB stick. This is intentional. Your best bet is to use the official transfer cable, as it will be able to transfer files that are not able to be copied nor moved any other way.
  7. Toddus Win User

gears 3 bata transfer

Unless it's been deleted there is a file save labeled "Gears of War 3 Beta" under:

My Xbox > System Settings > Memory > Hard Drive > Games

You should be able to use a transfer cable or flash drive (or whatever you're using to transfer your data) to transfer this file.
  8. HayleeLOL Win User

Transfering saves from 2 accounts question

Yes, you can play a game under your friend's profile and then transfer the data to your account using a storage device.

Sadly, no, you won't be able to keep the achievements you have earned on your friend's account.
    BUT, and this is important, you will not be able to unlock achievements on that transferred save file since the file's owner has changed.
  9. Decepticon JAY1 Win User

Hard drive failure?

Will I be able to transfer files even though is showing 0kbs in evwrything?...
Thema:

1. Not able to transfer game files, why? - Similar Threads - able transfer game

2. Not able to sign in to Xbox PC Beta app

in XBoX on Windows
    Not able to sign in to Xbox PC Beta app: When I installed the Xbox PC app I was given the option to sign in, but when clicked the app just went to the front page. After trying to click the sign in option in the top right corner (where...
  3. Will I be able to play Burnout Revenge (X360) on Xbox One X when I buy it on Xbox Marketplace?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will I be able to play Burnout Revenge (X360) on Xbox One X when I buy it on Xbox Marketplace?: Hello, I saw that Burnout Revenge is on the backward compatibility list, but I wonder if I'll buy the game now thru Xbox Marketplace website, will I see it in my games library on Xbox One X and...
  4. ich kann mein account nicht entbannen [Translation - I will not be able to unlock my account]

in XBoX Accessibility
    ich kann mein account nicht entbannen [Translation - I will not be able to unlock my account]: vor ung. 1 woche wollte ich mein zweiten account wieder benutzen, also ich mich einloggen wollte, wurde mir gesagt, der account ist gesperrt, ich wusste nicht wieso und dachte, ich kann ihn ja...
  5. Left 4 Dead not being able to install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Left 4 Dead not being able to install: I recently bought 'Left 4 Dead 2' (08/19/19). However every time I try to install the game I press the "Install" button but it does nothing. No error code or anything. I tried hard reset and...
  6. Will we be able to transfer our Gamertag and all of it's Achievements to Xbox Scarlett?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will we be able to transfer our Gamertag and all of it's Achievements to Xbox Scarlett?: I'd love to keep my Gamertag since it's the same one I have had since 2006. Is there currently any information about transferring our Gamertags to this new Xbox console?...
  7. Should be able to trade or transfer tickets to coins

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Should be able to trade or transfer tickets to coins: I have 29,000 tickets, can't give them away or trade them for coins. I would like to transfer 25,000 into coins. Lightestcrab40 5bc66721-6b5c-4ba7-a492-3480763d06d9
  8. not being able to transfer dlsor achievs from 360 to box1 game nfs rivals service ticket ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    not being able to transfer dlsor achievs from 360 to box1 game nfs rivals service ticket ...: here is my issue i cannot understand y i cannot transfer over my achievs nor my dlc in nfs rivals from 360 to the 1i spoke with ea and nothing i have the conversation with them and xbox <h3 ""=""...
  9. Am i able to transfer my Xbox one account over to another Microsoft account as my older ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Am i able to transfer my Xbox one account over to another Microsoft account as my older ...: Am i able to transfer my Xbox one account over to another Microsoft account as my older brother has my Xbox account on his Microsoft account and can someone please explain how to do so?...
  10. Attention Xbox Staff. US to CANADA transfers should be able to include Gold Years Status!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Attention Xbox Staff. US to CANADA transfers should be able to include Gold Years Status!: Dear Xbox Staff, I have currently been in the process of working with Xbox support to transfer over my US account to Canada. The staff has been great helping set up my profile, address change and...