Not all trigger stops work on my Elite Controller 2

Discus and support Not all trigger stops work on my Elite Controller 2 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I purchased an Elite Controller 2 when they came out a couple years ago and when I got it only the first 2 trigger stop settings worked for me, and the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BradBesserman, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Not all trigger stops work on my Elite Controller 2

I purchased an Elite Controller 2 when they came out a couple years ago and when I got it only the first 2 trigger stop settings worked for me, and the third hair trigger has never worked. I always thought that the third trigger stop was just a trigger lock so that the triggers wouldn't work at all. My friend recently got an Elite Controller 2 and when I saw him using the third trigger stop I knew that I was wrong and that my third stopper had never worked, and when I tested it in the access app neither of the triggers were responsive. I don't remember if I got the warranty with it when I purchased my controller but even if I did I'm sure it has since expired. Are there any steps I can take to have this fixed without having to go out and purchase a completely new controller? Besides the third trigger lock not working the controller is in perfect condition and has remained the same since the moment I took it out of its box.

:)

BradBesserman, Nov 25, 2021
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Please see a well detailed guide on how to troubleshoot the Xbox Wireless Controller here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

If that doesn't help with the issue, you will need to send the device to Microsoft for a service repair/replacement. You can see how to do that here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

If the controller is still under warranty, the repair/replacement is free. If the warranty has expired, it will cost you a fee depending on the type of controller you own. You can check out Microsoft's out of warranty service cost here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  3. Keo v2 Win User

Xbox One Controller Elite Series 2, trigger-stops

so basically, the way the trigger-stops work on the elite 1 is different than how it works on elite 2.

It's a little bit annoying to spend this much money for a "premium" controller and have these issues.

Anyhow thank you for the reply.
  4. XBF Chris J Win User

Elite controller 2 trigger stops not working

Hello DJXCLUSIVE,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. This thread is a bit old, so it will be locked due to its age. If you haven’t already, please go ahead and make a new thread detailing this issue and any troubleshooting
    steps (if any) you’ve tried so far. That way we can tailor our support specifically to you. We will be happy to help you there!

Thanks again
  5. Kain3984 Win User

I contacted support who said they have had several reports of this issue and that it seems to be a hardware problem and they are aware of it. They are having me ship mine in for "repairs", whatever that means.
  6. JosemberG N Win User

se tiver na garantia aconselho levar para eles avaliar
Thema:

1. Not all trigger stops work on my Elite Controller 2 - Similar Threads - trigger stops Elite

2. Xbox trigger malfunction

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox trigger malfunction: So I've had my Xbox controller for a bit over a year now. And as of recently it has started to go a bit bad. There's stick drift in both my joysticks and then now there's a new issue that is super...
  3. Left trigger on one controller stopped working in Minecraft only.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Left trigger on one controller stopped working in Minecraft only.: Hive mind help required...The left trigger on one controller stopped working in Minecraft for the Xbox One. It works perfectly everywhere else and on every game except Minecraft. I can't find any...
  4. Elite Series 2 trigger stops

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Elite Series 2 trigger stops: Is there a way to make the trigger stops perform like the series one performed? Which is limiting the amount of button pressed, instead of limiting the amount of distance to compress fully? What...
  5. My XBOX One wireless controller's triggers stop working after multiple presses of the buttons.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My XBOX One wireless controller's triggers stop working after multiple presses of the buttons.: Hello there fellow gamers. Lately I've been having a very frustrating problem with my XBOX ONE / wireless controller. When I am using a semi auto weapon which needs many right trigger presses...
  6. Xbox One Controller Elite Series 2, trigger-stops

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Controller Elite Series 2, trigger-stops: With the first gen elite controller if you "activated" the trigger-stop switch on a trigger, after let's say 50% of the path there was no more input. But with the second gen elite controller, it...
  7. Elite controller 2 trigger stops not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Elite controller 2 trigger stops not working: So the hair trigger lvl on my controller registers nothing no matter what I change it too on the app. the first and 2nd lvls if the trigger stop works fine. the third registers nothing no matter...
  8. Elite Controller: The right trigger stop switch doesn't slide all the way down when ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller: The right trigger stop switch doesn't slide all the way down when ...: Hi, I just bought my Elite controller today and while first holding it, I noticed an issue. The right "hair trigger" switch doesn't slide all the way to the bottom when toggled (it hangs a little...
  9. Updated my controller and trigger vibration stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Updated my controller and trigger vibration stopped working: I updated the firmware of my controller last night and now the vibration in the left trigger doesn't work. Any ideas what I can do? 244c4dce-70a8-40c7-8e1e-af868419cba7
  10. Right trigger randomly stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Right trigger randomly stopped working: I was using a Mini Pro Ex wired 360 controller. It was working just fine. I last played Bayonetta before playing another console for a while. When I went back to 360 to try to play Halo, I...