Not being able to install my games on the Xbox series X

Discus and support Not being able to install my games on the Xbox series X in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am unable to install my games that i previously had on my xbox one. I have tried to install them every way like using an external hard drive and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ObscureClaw6421, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Not being able to install my games on the Xbox series X

I am unable to install my games that i previously had on my xbox one. I have tried to install them every way like using an external hard drive and network transfer but minecraft wont install nor appear on the hard drive. Does anyone have any tips

:)

ObscureClaw6421, Dec 26, 2020
  2. XBF Zineb F Win User

Hello there @ObscureClaw6421, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I am sorry to know about the installation issue; However, we have multiple detailed troubleshooting steps for this matter on the official Xbox website to help you take care of it. Before going through
    the troubleshooting steps mentioned on the link I was referring to, I would like you to go through the following steps to clear your Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console to check if
    it's installing this time.

Another thing you should check is your NAT type. I would like you to check your NAT type if open because that could sometimes interfere. to check for the NAT type you can follow the steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > NAT type => It should be open.

If the NAT type is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500
    (UDP).

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

The link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help...game-or-app-installation-problems-on-xbox-one

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you
    to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!

Feel free to give us your feedback by voting below if the reply was helpful!
  3. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Pre download Xbox Series X games

Not really...

Xbox Series X games / upgrades / updates has to be installed onto the Series X internal or expansion card SSD,

You can have Xbox One games on your external hard drive that will get an Series X upgrade but the games will need to be transferred to the Series X and then the Series X upgrade will need to be downloaded onto the Series X SSD,

As an example...

I have Marvel Avengers on my external hard drive that will get the Series X upgrade and I will transfer the game over to the Series X SSD ready to download and update the game to the Series X version when available.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Optimized Games X|S

Hi,

Both Series X/S games and Xbox One games that been optimised (I'm British) for Series X/S must be installed on either the internal storage or the expansion card. They can not be run from a USB connected storage device. My optimised Series X/S Xbox One games
    were moved to my Expansion card during their update.
  5. XBF Ezra G Win User

Copying data

Hello KylorKnowles,

Thank you for your post. I understand you are looking to keep your saved-data on your Xbox One but access it from an Xbox Series X. If the games you install are compatible with the Xbox Series X, you should be able to continue where you last left off in
    your games.

I hope this helps.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

3.0 2Tb Seagate HDD comparability

Hi,

Your drive will work the same on Series X as it does on Xbox One and you won't need to format it.

However, Series X games or Xbox One games with Series X enhancements will not run from that drive and will either need to be installed internally or to an external SSD designed for Series X/S.

Your hard drive will be too slow for Series X games. They can be stored there, but not run from there.
Thema:

1. Not being able to install my games on the Xbox series X - Similar Threads - being able install

2. Not being able to upload my 4k HDR Game clips.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not being able to upload my 4k HDR Game clips.: So I have the new Xbox series x and I love it. It really great. Now I don't know if this is a network issue or if this is a hardware issue but yesterday I recorded a 30 second clip of a good play...
  3. Still no development on being able to use Dolby Atmos for BOTH Home Theater and Headset at...

in XboX Insiders
    Still no development on being able to use Dolby Atmos for BOTH Home Theater and Headset at...: Come across this thread Has this really still not been addressed in 2021? I cant believe how tedious MS suggestion of "going into the audio settings and manually changing them each time,...
  4. Not being able to play Forza horizon 4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not being able to play Forza horizon 4: Hi. Im having trouble to get my forza horizon 4 loading. The problem is When i start the game it just gets stuck on the loading screen. The loading screen is moving and it shows my achievements...
  5. Not being able to join a club in Forza Horizon 4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not being able to join a club in Forza Horizon 4: I have had this issue for over a year now, when i got the game. I have already checked through all the forms and questions on here and i can't find a single thing. I've already checked my privacy...
  6. Minecraft beta won’t show up, causing me from not being able to leave the beta program

in XboX Insiders
    Minecraft beta won’t show up, causing me from not being able to leave the beta program: So I left the beta on the Xbox insider hub to be able to join servers, but now I accidentally joined it and I tried to leave/unenroll from it but it won’t show up and so I have tired to reset my...
  7. Not being able to install the trial version of Minecraft (Windows 10 Edition)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not being able to install the trial version of Minecraft (Windows 10 Edition): Hi, I recently wanted to try out the trial version of Minecraft for Windows 10. When I clicked on the 'Install On My Devices' button it asks me where I want to install it, even though I aldready...
  8. Left 4 Dead not being able to install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Left 4 Dead not being able to install: I recently bought 'Left 4 Dead 2' (08/19/19). However every time I try to install the game I press the "Install" button but it does nothing. No error code or anything. I tried hard reset and...
  9. Not being able to install a game from the ‘ready to install’ list

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not being able to install a game from the ‘ready to install’ list: When I want to reinstall any game and I press start on that game and go down to install, it then doesn’t install - nothing happens - I just wait and see nothing come up. I have no idea how to...
  10. Monthly games not being able to install in backwards comp XBOX one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Monthly games not being able to install in backwards comp XBOX one: Hi I am having trouble installing the backward compatibility games even when its free. such as this month Saints row 4 which is backward comp. when I try to install it I get the message "You have...