Not being able to refund a game gift.

Discus and support Not being able to refund a game gift. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I sent my friend Hollow Knight as a Christmas gift yesterday, and it said the gift was sent. I figured since he was able to send me Cuphead, and I was... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JiggliJellifish, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Not being able to refund a game gift.

I sent my friend Hollow Knight as a Christmas gift yesterday, and it said the gift was sent. I figured since he was able to send me Cuphead, and I was able to play it, it would work.

Turns out it only works one way for some reason, and he was unable to redeem the gift code. So I decided to try and get a refund off of it, but the option to refund the gift isn't showing up. I can't refund it from my order history, and I can't talk to someone
    about getting it refunded. Please help me.

I've tried talking to the bot to help me, but it's been pretty useless. Has someone else had this issue before, and if so, how did you deal with it?

:)

JiggliJellifish, Dec 26, 2020
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Возврат денежных средств[Translation-Refunds]

Hello Fellow gamer,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We see you have a question about a donated/gifted game. Unfortunately, you would not be able to get a refund for a game gifted or given to you. If someone gifted the game, they would need to try for the refund.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. NeoDan123 Win User

Wrong region code

If your friend bought the game as a gift through the Xbox Store he can request a refund.

Seeing as the gifting of games etc is region locked you wont be able to play the game that was gifted if you are in a different region as the purchaser/gifter.
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Change email adress associated with a gift card

Hello Sapin,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. If you did get a 25 digit digital code, you can just gift him the code for the game. If the game was automatically redeemed on your account you will not be able to gift to him now. You would need to request
    a refund then gift it the proper way. Keep in mind if he is in a different region he will not be able to use the game.

1. request a refund
    2. gifting games or currency
    Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. RandyHerman133 Win User

Xbox ultimate membership

You have to pay for the game or service before being able to gift it
  6. Mistress Sara Win User

Gifted the wrong game

Hi there,

You would need to go through the refund request form to see if a refund can be issued. https://support.xbox.com/billing/xbox-subscriptions/digital-goods-subscriptions-refund

If the code hadn't been redeemed it would have been easier as there are restrictions on refunds for gifted games as noted in the

FAQ

Keep in mind no one in the forums can assist with refunds and only a refund team member can assist. Support will not be able to assist.
Thema:

Not being able to refund a game gift.

1. Not being able to refund a game gift. - Similar Threads - being able refund

2. Not being able to upload my 4k HDR Game clips.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not being able to upload my 4k HDR Game clips.: So I have the new Xbox series x and I love it. It really great. Now I don't know if this is a network issue or if this is a hardware issue but yesterday I recorded a 30 second clip of a good play...
  3. Still no development on being able to use Dolby Atmos for BOTH Home Theater and Headset at...

in XboX Insiders
    Still no development on being able to use Dolby Atmos for BOTH Home Theater and Headset at...: Come across this thread Has this really still not been addressed in 2021? I cant believe how tedious MS suggestion of "going into the audio settings and manually changing them each time,...
  4. Not being able to play Forza horizon 4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not being able to play Forza horizon 4: Hi. Im having trouble to get my forza horizon 4 loading. The problem is When i start the game it just gets stuck on the loading screen. The loading screen is moving and it shows my achievements...
  5. Not being able to join a club in Forza Horizon 4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not being able to join a club in Forza Horizon 4: I have had this issue for over a year now, when i got the game. I have already checked through all the forms and questions on here and i can't find a single thing. I've already checked my privacy...
  6. Minecraft beta won’t show up, causing me from not being able to leave the beta program

in XboX Insiders
    Minecraft beta won’t show up, causing me from not being able to leave the beta program: So I left the beta on the Xbox insider hub to be able to join servers, but now I accidentally joined it and I tried to leave/unenroll from it but it won’t show up and so I have tired to reset my...
  7. Not being able to downlead game I already bought for Xbox on my pc

in XBoX on Windows
    Not being able to downlead game I already bought for Xbox on my pc: when I try to go to my downloads the only games that pop up is Forza horizon 4 and sea of thieves which I both own without the game pass; the games that I am trying to download is GTA 5 and Call...
  8. Not being able to install my games on the Xbox series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not being able to install my games on the Xbox series X: I am unable to install my games that i previously had on my xbox one. I have tried to install them every way like using an external hard drive and network transfer but minecraft wont install nor...
  9. Xbox external capture - stopped being able to record over 30 seconds....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox external capture - stopped being able to record over 30 seconds....: I've been using my USB key to record up to an hour on my Xbox series x. Today the Xbox series x does recognize my USB key but will only record 30 seconds worth of gameplay. I can confirm that the...
  10. Not being able to change Bio, Location, or others.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not being able to change Bio, Location, or others.: Hello, I only just recently realized that I can not change my Bio, Profile Picture, or location. I am not sure why and I would like to at least have an answer as to why, or to have this function...