Not connecting through cellular (xbox console streaming)

Discus and support Not connecting through cellular (xbox console streaming) in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Whenever i try to connect to my console through cellular all I get is a black screen. Am I just not able to connect to my xbox through cellular or... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/toothless-Iguana, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Not connecting through cellular (xbox console streaming)

Whenever i try to connect to my console through cellular all I get is a black screen. Am I just not able to connect to my xbox through cellular or what?

Edit: I also activated the use of cellular through the app

submitted by /u/toothless-Iguana
    [link] [comments]

/u/toothless-Iguana, Oct 31, 2019
  2. Mister Beep Win User

Xbox One problem with updating and installing.

Can you try connecting the Xbox One to a non cellular network? Try that and post back to let us know if it works out! The Xbox consoles are not designed for this type of connection, as they can be quite demanding, and the device you are using is designed
    to get an internet connection through cellular.

Try the Xbox One console on a non cellular network and let us know if the issue persists! :)
  3. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox wont connect to my hotspot

Well, your console has to connect to the Hotspot. The Hotspot only provides WiFi, and does not connect to devices itself.

Set up your Hotspot to be visible. If you use a smartphone as Hotspot, be aware that you can NOT use Bluetooth as tethering method. The phone needs to use WiFi to share it's cellular connection.

Some modern phones are able to bridge a WiFi connection, but usually, if you set up a WiFi hotspot on your phone, the connection to WiFi gets disconnected, and the phone connects to the Internet via it's cellular network, and shares that connection via WiFi.

Go to your console's network settings and let it search for WiFi networks. Does your Hotspot SSID (Network Name) show up in the list?

If not, check your phone settings.

If the SSID shows up on the console, connect to it, and provide the Password that the phone provides (or that you set up in your phone for the Hotspot).

Depending on your cellular data plan, it might not be permitted to use Laptops, PCs or consoles via cellular hotspot. In that case contact your phone provider.

Also be aware, that multiplayer through such a hotspot is usually problematic.
  4. saikoumosx Win User

Verizon Issue Still Happening..

Can't connect here either. FiOS in SoCal. Can't connect to Live on my Xbox or "Games for Windows Live" from my PC. Can't access these forums from any device connected through FiOS either. Only through cellular data. Everything else through FiOS works just
    fine.
  5. Zero Divided Win User

Can I reduce latency?

If you're connecting through a hotspot, there is not much you can do, most of the latency is coming from the cellular connection to the tower, not from the WiFi signal to the Xbox, best you can do is make sure you have the best cellular signal.

Investigate to see if there are any WISP providers in your area, they basically provide "last mile" WiFi which would be much better than cellular. But depending on how remote you are, you just might be out of luck.

And you'd have to talk to your cellular provider about getting a public IP, or see if they can provide a work around, that would be the best way of getting around a stict NAT.
  6. VividColt332793 Win User

Connection Failure (Cellular)

Trolls? get new internetz that does not suck.
Thema:

Not connecting through cellular (xbox console streaming)

1. Not connecting through cellular (xbox console streaming) - Similar Threads - connecting through cellular

2. Can't connect to Xbox Live through the Xbox 360 Dashboard in Backwards Compatibility games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't connect to Xbox Live through the Xbox 360 Dashboard in Backwards Compatibility games.: Hello. I'm having a serious problem with Backwards Compatibility titles on the Xbox One, not being able to connect to Xbox Live even though my Xbox One is connected without any issue. At first,...
  3. Can't connect to xbox 360 online game through backwards compatibility on Xbox One....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't connect to xbox 360 online game through backwards compatibility on Xbox One....: Hello, I read a lot of discussion about people getting the 80151901 error while playing Xbox 360 game on Xbox One. I tried multiple thing to solve this problem such as deleting my profile,...
  4. Xbox One S - No Sound Through Headset Connected to Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S - No Sound Through Headset Connected to Controller: The default controller that came with my Xbox One S is able to have a headset plugged in and I can have all sounds play through it (chat and game sounds). I have a second controller, the Sport...
  5. Can't connect through HDMI LG TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect through HDMI LG TV: Anybody have a fix for a LG TV that won't recognize my xbox through the HDMI? Tried multiple chords, took it to a shop assuming it was the port on the xbox and it worked there. Got back home and...
  6. XBOX ONE CANNOT CONNECT TO INTERNET THROUGH WIFI IT KEEPS ON SAYING IT DID NT WORK

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE CANNOT CONNECT TO INTERNET THROUGH WIFI IT KEEPS ON SAYING IT DID NT WORK: XBOX ONE CANNOT CONNECT TO INTERNET THROUGH WIFI IT KEEPS ON SAYING IT DID NT WORK 62318e71-13d1-42d2-a30a-eb9189fb714b
  7. Connecting through hotspot

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Connecting through hotspot: Just got a One x and am trying to install games using my Verizon jetpack. I have unlimited data so that is not an issue. The status display for the update does not show any change in the amount of...
  8. Can't Connect To Online On "360" Through Backwards Compatibility On Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Connect To Online On "360" Through Backwards Compatibility On Xbox One: Hey there, I'm online on Xbox One, able to download games no problem. When I go to play Banjo Kazooie it wouldn't connect online. I was getting the 80151901 error...
  9. Party chat through Xbox App while hearing voice/game audio through headset connected to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Party chat through Xbox App while hearing voice/game audio through headset connected to...: The title is probably a little confusing. I have a Blue Yeti mic that I want to talk with to my party on the Xbox app, which works. The problem is, I can't hear anybody or the game audio with my...
  10. XBOX ONE continuously having problems connecting to my home network - i went through customer ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE continuously having problems connecting to my home network - i went through customer ...: It seems that for some reason the system is glitching and the MAC address is being filtered out of my router. You need to go to network connections, advanced settings, Alternate MAC address,...