Not downloading when off (instant on mode)

Discus and support Not downloading when off (instant on mode) in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Morning all, So thought this was a rather strange one, yesterday before I went to bed I started a download on a pretty big game, and due to that... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/a1ias86, Jan 12, 2020.

1. /u/a1ias86
    /u/a1ias86 Guest

Morning all,

So thought this was a rather strange one, yesterday before I went to bed I started a download on a pretty big game, and due to that decided to let the Xbox download over night.

Turned the Xbox back on this morning and it hadn’t even done 1% of the download. Has anyone else encountered this at all?

Just to let everyone know by Xbox is in “Instant on” and the box for turn storage off in unchecked, so am a little confused why the game didn’t download overnight

submitted by /u/a1ias86
    [link] [comments]

/u/a1ias86, Jan 12, 2020
  2. Smwutches Win User

Why is my bandwidth usage being used when xbox 1 is turn off

Check your settings. If it's set for Instant On mode then it will download updates when it's off.
  3. Daft Badger Win User

Why cant I play my game when there's an update, not putting the user first, sigh!

Put your console in instant on mode in the power settings then it will download any updates when your console if off.
  4. DogRox1 Win User

How to make external hard drive the main download drive?

yes that's what I'm trying to tell you, instant on mode does not work. When I put it in instant on mode and I uncheck if Xbox is off turn off storage. That way when I turn the Xbox off I don't want the external storage to turn off but it seems to do that
    anyways. When I turn off the Xbox to download the DLCs or updates whatever, the power light on the power supply is white, the network is still trying to download the files because I could still see the network switcher blinking but the external hard drive
    is not powered on. So yes I know all about the instant on and the energy mode.
  5. gds1972 Win User

Question about games installing when xbox is off.

Hi

In energy saving mode the console will not continue to download games or any updates whilst switched off. When the console is set to instant on mode it is possible to change the settings so the console downloads games and updates
    whilst switched off.
  6. Chyld989 Win User

Downloads in Standby Mode.

Unless you changed your 'Power mode' from 'Instant-on' to 'Energy-saving' it should download even when turned off.
Thema:

1. Not downloading when off (instant on mode) - Similar Threads - downloading off instant

2. How do I play my purchased digital games off line? I have them downloaded and internet is...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I play my purchased digital games off line? I have them downloaded and internet is...: I understand game pass games are not available off line but I've paid real money for games and feel they should be available to me off line as well. Is it possible or am I dishing out money on...
  3. Console turns off after downloading update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console turns off after downloading update: So my Xbox one S was working absolutely fine and normal till Saturday evening while I was playing offline. Then I Installed a new game on the console. Console asked for a system update, post...
  4. downloading games off game pass.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    downloading games off game pass.: HI there, just a short question. I have a Huawei B535 landline free router and have connected it up to my Xbox one and when I come to download a game from the game pass, it keeps showing an error...
  5. Unable to download Outer Worlds off Microsoft Store (PC)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to download Outer Worlds off Microsoft Store (PC): Hey everyone, hopefully someone can help me out with this. I've been trying to download Outer Worlds off the Microsoft Store for two days now. I've tried clearing my cache, checked for any...
  6. Is anyone able to kick off install/download XBox Live/Gold 360 free games on your XBox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is anyone able to kick off install/download XBox Live/Gold 360 free games on your XBox...: This has stopped working for the past three months. I'm able to kick off a install on my XBox One for the Free with Gold games but the download on XBox 360 games (I suppose the sitefinity hosted)...
  7. Instant on mode. Downloads either stop or very slow when console is off

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Instant on mode. Downloads either stop or very slow when console is off: Had this problem for a while now. I always have my console in instant on mode, and when downloading anything I get great speeds. But if I start a download and turn off my console, the downloads...
  8. Xbox One downloading while off/instant-on

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One downloading while off/instant-on: My console has been set to instant-on setting since release day, but it will not download games/updates when it is turned off. When I turn off the system it stops the downloads of games and never...
  9. Does not download when Xbox is turn off ("Instant On") with External HDD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does not download when Xbox is turn off ("Instant On") with External HDD: Consider the following scenario: - Xbox is configured for "Instant On" mode - Updates are configured to download when off - Storage is configured to power off when Xbox is off It appears in...
  10. xbox one in instant-on mode, but doesn't seem to download while it's off

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one in instant-on mode, but doesn't seem to download while it's off: my console is in instant on mode, but I turned it off with a game 5% downloaded, and it was still at 5% when i turned it back on an hour later, what gives? e7f76791-6fee-4984-a87f-72951e0bf6b5