Not getting security code from Microsoft

Discus and support Not getting security code from Microsoft in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I've been trying to access information and other categories in my Microsoft account to alter some settings, but the security code that is required is... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by AJAPP, May 15, 2022.

1. AJAPP
    AJAPP Guest

I've been trying to access information and other categories in my Microsoft account to alter some settings, but the security code that is required is not getting sent to my number. After some time, I put in a request to change the number that is bound to the account. I waited for a bit to let the request go through, but I figured I should ask about getting the security code and linked phone number to work properly on this side.

:)

AJAPP, May 15, 2022
  2. XBF Crystal P Win User

Ich kann für die Emailadresse meiner Tochter kein Microsoft-Konto erstellen [I can't create a Microsoft account for my daughter's email address]

Hi there Sperok,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with not receiving the code for your Microsoft Account.

I recommend to take a look at the following troubleshooting article:
    Microsoft account security info & security codes

On the article, under the Paragraph Line - Troubleshooting security code issues:

• I'm not getting my security code. What do I do?

Try this and let us know the results.
  3. XBF Crystal P Win User

microsoft account alias rename not working

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with receiving the code to help confirm a Microsoft Account.

I suggest trying to use the following article:
    Microsoft account security info & security codes
    . Please try the troubleshooting under the section Troubleshooting security code issues,
    I'm not getting my security code. What do I do?

Try this and let us know the results.
  4. xxxTIMBURYxxx Win User

USAGE LIMIT EXCEEDED

If you see a "usage limit exceeded" error message when requesting a security code, this could mean the phone number has been used too many times in a short period of time, or that Microsoft detected something suspicious about the phone
    number.

To better protect you and your information, Microsoft blocks the ability to request security codes from certain phone numbers when the risk of fraud is potentially detected.

If you can't get a security code, or if your security code doesn't work, go to
    When you can't sign in to your Microsoft account and follow the instructions under
    I can't get a verification code.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12429/microsoft-account-cant-sign-in
  5. SomeOldSchool Win User

We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found. The URL may be misspelled or the page you're looking for is no longer available.

Hello there,

I think that additional security code is the authentication code you get by downloading the app authentication for Microsoft it's an extra security layer. Have a good day.

Regards!
  6. T3chnlgydude Win User

child locked out of account

Hi generalligud

Please try the solution below:

Unlock your Microsoft account or Outlook email
    Applies to: Microsoft account

• To help protect your account from fraud or abuse, Microsoft temporarily locks accounts when unusual activity is noticed. To unlock your account, sign in to your
      Microsoft account
      and follow the instructions to get a security code.
    • If you can't get a security code, or if your security code doesn't work, go to When you can't sign in to your Microsoft account and follow the
      instructions under I can't get a verification code.

Get more help with sign-in problems
Thema:

1. Not getting security code from Microsoft - Similar Threads - getting security code

2. How do i get to webroot secure anywhere softare?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i get to webroot secure anywhere softare?: i keep. Getting booted off wow legends and this might be the issue? 9527d1e9-f45d-4741-9535-c150c3d853cf
  3. Not getting sent security code

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not getting sent security code: Me Ive been trying to sign into my xbox account to make a purchase and its not letting me cause I need to send a security code but there not texting it to me 3c645374-ffbb-4b41-a833-d948d6d90096
  4. How’s can I get my security question reset and my account is a child so can I still reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    How’s can I get my security question reset and my account is a child so can I still reset: can I reset my security question because I need it to take off parental controls and can I do it with a child account or do I need to to have my parents sogn in Into there account to reset the...
  5. cannot get past 'add security'

in XBoX on Consoles
    cannot get past 'add security': how do I get past this screen? already added another email which it knows about. dont have a phone so cannot choose those 2 options. not going to make a new email just for this. so how can I...
  6. Cannot get security code on phone

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot get security code on phone: I cannot get a verification code on my phone. I was receiving them a couple days ago not anymore. am receiving texts from other people so I know there's nothing wrong with my carrier....
  7. Not getting security code

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not getting security code: I can't sign into my account because I need to get a security code, but I'm not receiving it Help plz, still have plenty of Xbox live I don't want to waste f2d0f22b-1dfa-4714-a7ce-41c25dd06f86
  8. Cant sign in to XBOX 360 - cant get pass "add security" screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant sign in to XBOX 360 - cant get pass "add security" screen: Cant sign in to XBOX 360 - cant get pass "add security" screen. I changed my password- signed in on my PC. What do I need to do? Thanks 637c2283-6b23-49eb-b80d-6b730c4c17a1
  9. Impossible to get online after a security change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Impossible to get online after a security change: Hi, I used yesterday a 3-month prepaid card for X box Live Gold through Kinnect and actualized at the same time my billing anc contact datas. Unfornately, since then, I don't have access to the...
  10. Getting an error code on the xbox 360 on security question code:807b01f7

in XBoX on Consoles
    Getting an error code on the xbox 360 on security question code:807b01f7: My son tried to log on to the xbox today and was unable to access his account after needing to confirm his log in details. I tried my account with the same result. Error code: 807b01f7 What's...