Not getting Xbox msgs on my Xbox, but they're going to my Xbox app on my phone

Discus and support Not getting Xbox msgs on my Xbox, but they're going to my Xbox app on my phone in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; I'm having a really weird issue where when someone sends me a private message, I don't get a notification on my xbox, but I get it on my phone through... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by pogue972, Dec 3, 2019.

1. pogue972
    pogue972 Guest

I'm having a really weird issue where when someone sends me a private message, I don't get a notification on my xbox, but I get it on my phone through the Xbox app. I have no idea why this is happening. It seemed to start all of the sudden randomly. I have
    the settings on my Xbox app to show messages, but I assumed this would just show messages on my Xbox and my phone at the same time. Is there any settings I can change to fix this?

Here's the settings I have set on my Xbox app on my phone.

Not getting Xbox msgs on my Xbox, but they're going to my Xbox app on my phone [​IMG]

This is on a Samsung Galaxy S8 running Android 8. My Xbox is an Xbox One X running the latest firmware. I looked around in my settings for my Xbox and I have it set to receive messages, so I have no idea what the problem is.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

:)

pogue972, Dec 3, 2019
  2. pogue972 Win User

How do I contact them? I tweeted @XboxSupport on Twitter but got no reply.
  3. CYA007 Win User

I had the same problem yesterday only, now it is working fine. If you still need help contact support.xbox

Have fun!
  4. pogue972 Win User

One problem I have is I can't delete the old messages. It tells me I have new messages, but I've already read them and it continues to show I have new messages.

I might try your suggestion, but like I said, I'm having trouble deleting the messages. I assume if I remove my account and re-add it, then power cycle it would probably clear those messages though, right?

I am not part of the Preview Program.
  5. pogue972 Win User

I just wanted to bump this thread back up. I still don't know how to contact Xbox Support directly.
  6. Njal the Blue Win User

I had a similar issue a while back. The solution I found was to delete old messages on both console in via the app. I then removed my account from console, did a power cycle by pressing and holding the power button till fully off then wait 60 seconds and
    power up again. Added my account back on and everything worked.

Are you part of the Xbox Insider Preview program?
Thema:

1. Not getting Xbox msgs on my Xbox, but they're going to my Xbox app on my phone - Similar Threads - getting msgs they're

2. Please get rid of 'Happening Now'

in XboX Insiders
    Please get rid of 'Happening Now': Don't see any purpose for it, just gets annoying to see someone's gamertag twice on your friendslist. submitted by /u/MichaeLionheart [link] [comments]
  3. Trying to get to settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to get to settings: Hi, so my issue is I'm trying to access my settings on the website after being redirected from the console companion on my computer (I don't have an Xbox console just a computer), but when I click...
  4. Anyone else get this stuff in the delta pre release?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else get this stuff in the delta pre release?: [IMG] submitted by /u/Il_Troy_lI [link] [comments]
  5. 12 month gone because Microsoft is getting greedy?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    12 month gone because Microsoft is getting greedy?: I think this while removing the 12 month renewal is ridiculous. The only reason I can think they would do this is to force us into monthly subscriptions. Why? Because Why would they want you to...
  6. How do I get a repair estimate for my X-Box One S console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get a repair estimate for my X-Box One S console?: My X-Box One S console no longer 'connects to' my TV or receiver. I have tried re-connecting X-Box One S console to multiple TVs and no success. I can connect an older X-Box 360 console....
  7. bought cod points and didn't get them

in XBoX Games and Apps
    bought cod points and didn't get them: yesterday I bought the $20 cod points and didn't get them. 189da56e-dd45-48fb-bc74-b2e1f3201df5
  8. Trying to get Xbox 360-game's achievement to shown on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to get Xbox 360-game's achievement to shown on Xbox One: I bought and downloaded an old xbox360 game to my Xbox One (Lego Pirates of the Caribbean) and here's my question: is it somehow possible to have the game's achievements to be shown on my Xbox...
  9. How to get old gamertag back

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to get old gamertag back: A gamertag I've had since 2012 was recently changed by a friend of mine without my knowledge and I was wondering if there's any way to get it back as it was an autogenerated tag that's longer than...
  10. Is someone masking my GT? Getting random msgs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is someone masking my GT? Getting random msgs: Over the past few weeks I’ve been receiving msgs from other xbox players that I’m not even playing with. At first I thought it was spam, but they are specific in game requests like “use your ult”,...