Not receiving invitation notifications

Discus and support Not receiving invitation notifications in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I’m not receiving invitation notifications is this happening for anyone else? Alpha Skip-ahead submitted by /u/Curleetoes1988 [link] [comments] Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Curleetoes1988, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Not receiving invitation notifications

I’m not receiving invitation notifications is this happening for anyone else? Alpha Skip-ahead

submitted by /u/Curleetoes1988
    [link] [comments]

/u/Curleetoes1988, Sep 16, 2020
  2. John Dowding Win User

How do you find your Friends game invites?

Should find game invites in notifications. Or are you saying invites not received?
  3. Ryan Whittington Win User

Not receiving invites or notifications

Since this post got no traction here I wanted to add the solution I found which I summarized in my Xbox Reddit post (got more support there). You can find the full post here: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/636dpo/tech_signing_in_to_xbox_app_results_in_no_invites/?...

Here are the steps I took to solve this issue which appears related to the Xbox iOS app, Xbox Windows 10 app, and Xbox one interacting in a not so nice manner and junking up the router:

1. Uninstall the Xbox iOS app from my phone
    2. Un-check all notifications under the settings on the Xbox
    3. Switch Xbox to "energy save" (so it fully shuts down every time)
    4. Remove profile entirely
    5. Hard re-boot Xbox and Router, removing the power supplies of both
    6. Start up router, wait for it to connect to the interwebs
    7. Start up Xbox, re-download profile, enable notifications
    8. Never use the Xbox iOS app again

Other steps I took that may have made no change but you might want to try just in case:

•Forwarded all ports recommended by Xbox on their support site

•Set Xbox up with a static IP address (later I removed this)

•Removed static IP address from my laptop (not sure why it was there in the first place)

•Disabled all Xbox notifications on the Windows 10 xbox app and then signing out (haven't signed back in yet and don't plan on it)

•Disabled all notifications on the iOS app before uninstalling it from my phone

I wanted to post the final results here just in case anyone, like me, finds this thread in the future and says "wait what was the conclusion!?!". I spend MANY hours googling and reading through countless threads about this and all of them didn't result in
    a fix or just died without the original poster confirming anything worked. Good luck!
  4. Ryan Whittington Win User

just a quick update, I realized after some testing with a buddy that I only receive invitations if my computer that runs windows 10 is turned on. I've gone through the notifications menu in the Xbox app and everything. I cannot receive invitations so long
    as my computer is turned off. How is this even an issue
  5. Mister Beep Win User

Hey there!

Sincere apologies for not catching this thread, but I'm happy to see you got it resolved. We are the same team that helps others out over in Reddit too, so I'm happy to see we got to you there.

Thank you for posting that resolution up!
  6. Ryan Whittington Win User

One more addition to my post. It seems that when my computer is turned on I begin receiving invites on my Xbox again. But once I access the Xbox app on my iPhone, it cuts the invites off to my Xbox. I've toggled all the notifications which is off in the
    Xbox app on my phone and have never received invites on my phone. The issue must be the interaction between these three devices, it looks a lot like I have 2X boxes and it's shooting the invites only to one and that one Xbox is not the actual Xbox I own.
Thema:

Not receiving invitation notifications

1. Not receiving invitation notifications - Similar Threads - receiving invitation notifications

2. not receiving invite notifications for cross play

in XBoX on Windows
    not receiving invite notifications for cross play: Hi I want to play Minecraft with my friend whose on ps4 while I'm on windows ten/xbox and I don't seem receiving his invites at the moment. b4205aa0-b6d3-407f-8235-54fb9ddc99bf
  3. Not receiving game invite notifications

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not receiving game invite notifications: I was playing Minecraft and I called a friend and he tried to invite me to his world and it did not work. He invited me several times and i even restarted my PC and i still did not get it. I tried...
  4. Xbox Notifications Broken; Unable to receive game or party invites

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Notifications Broken; Unable to receive game or party invites: I recently stopped receiving most notifications, such as invites to games and party chat invites tried a few of the "normal" fixes like restarting console, power cicling, reset network, settings,...
  5. Not receiving party invite notifications after latest update

in XboX Insiders
    Not receiving party invite notifications after latest update: yesterday I had a xbox update. ever since I don't receive pty inv notifications. anyway to solve this? submitted by /u/TinoXXL [link] [comments]
  6. Stuck on "Online status unknown" and can't receive invite notifications on the Xbox itself.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Stuck on "Online status unknown" and can't receive invite notifications on the Xbox itself.: Hi there, Earlier today I stopped receiving party and game invites on my Xbox itself while still getting them on my phone and laptop through the Xbox App. On top of that I can't change my status...
  7. not receiving party/game invites and notifications from anyone.

in XBoX on Consoles
    not receiving party/game invites and notifications from anyone.: this issue recently started last night, and ive tried every method (clearing cache, mac address, removing and re-adding my profile, making sure my settings are set to allow everything, nat type...
  8. Xbox Party Invite Notification not being received by anyone on my Friends List.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Party Invite Notification not being received by anyone on my Friends List.: Hi everyone. I have a problem and hope you can help? For the past three days any Party Invites that I initiate/send from my Xbox One X are not being received by anyone on my friends list. I am...
  9. Why are notifications and invites not being received

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are notifications and invites not being received: My son is upset that his party invites and notifications are not being recieved on his xbox one. His notification settings are all enabled The hide when playing video check is disabled I have...
  10. Not receiving notifications/game invites

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not receiving notifications/game invites: I am trying to use the “Looking for Group” function on my Xbox App on my phone and when someone confirms me and invites me to a party to play the notification does not come through to my Xbox and...