Not receiving notifications (Xbox Console companion app for pc)

Discus and support Not receiving notifications (Xbox Console companion app for pc) in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I play with friends on pc but not receiving message notifications is there any reason why this is happening e858a023-c82e-47e4-8528-16537ba32d11 Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Random Xbox User, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Not receiving notifications (Xbox Console companion app for pc)

I play with friends on pc but not receiving message notifications is there any reason why this is happening

:)

Random Xbox User, Aug 4, 2019
  2. ThorX360 Win User

I play with friends on pc but not receiving message notifications is there any reason why this is happening
    Hi,

did you check if notifications are on in the related settings menù?
  3. Ricardo Cintra Win User

Go in Settings > Notification and see if the notifications from the App is Actived
  4. Adam00712 Win User

your not the only one this is happening to i updated the app the other day and since then it i have not got notifications

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/dont-receive-notifications-on-xbox-console/0d065b5b-cdf3-4bd3-9d3d-e2b279889442?rtAction=1564743392424
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Have you got the box ticked in the settings of the app to receive notifications for messages? If not, tick it, then you should receive them.
  6. НиколайКон Win User

Xbox Game Bar (beta) notifications

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is an issue with the Xbox App on PC. I recommend to try this link: Troubleshoot
    Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

If the issue persists, try this:

1. Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.

2. Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.

3. Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage
    *xboxapp*| Remove-AppxPackage

4. Hit Enter.

Launch Windows Store and download Xbox App.

Give this a try and let us know the results.
    That did not help at all.

I've tested it a bit more.

I have an Xbox One, iOS Xbox app and PC with Xbox Companion App and Xbox Game Bar (beta) and my family helped me test it with their accounts

I can receive notifications about party invites from everyone when I am on my Xbox One. This actually works fine.

I can only receive notifications from parties created by Xbox Companion app on my iOS Xbox app. No notifications about party invites sent from Xbox One.

I can join any parties both on my iOS app and on my Xbox One console.

I can only receive message notifications and voice chat requests on my PC both in my Xbox Game Bar and Xbox Companion.

I do not receive any notifications about invites to party neither in Xbox Companion, not in Xbox Game Bar

From my Xbox Companion I can join open parties that were created by Xbox Companion on another PC if I click on a friend's name.

From my Xbox Companion I CANNOT join open parties that were created on Xbox One console, even if I click on a friend's name and see that he is in a party

From my Xbox Game Bar there is NO option to specifically join a party if a friend is in one, if I choose to "join voice chat" I join a different voice chat and not the one that he has with his party.

Please sort this out. This stuff is actually messing up my ability to join premade groups in Gears 5 multiplayer and I am wasting that XP boost that I got for paying for a deluxe version of the game!
Thema:

1. Not receiving notifications (Xbox Console companion app for pc) - Similar Threads - receiving notifications Console

2. Xbox Console Companion: Party and Game Notifications Not Being Received

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Console Companion: Party and Game Notifications Not Being Received: Pretty much title, I'm no longer receiving notifications about party and game invites from the console companion app on Windows 10. I've already tried the wsrestart.exe method in cmd prompt, the...
  3. Why cant i receive party notifications on my PC with the "Xbox Console Companion" app anymore?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant i receive party notifications on my PC with the "Xbox Console Companion" app anymore?: I use a pair of wireless PC headphones that dont work on my xbox, but now i never get any notifications on my PC for party invites. Yes I have troubleshooted my settings on the app, xbox and my...
  4. Not Receiving Notifications

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not Receiving Notifications: Lately I've been unable to recieve notifications, either those being messages, game invites or achievements. My friends say I'm in Do Not Disturb, but when I check my status, I'm appearing...
  5. Don't receive notifications on Xbox Console Companion app on Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Don't receive notifications on Xbox Console Companion app on Windows 10: As the subject says, I don't receive notifications and therefore can't accept any invites as I can't find where those show up, meaning I can't join invite-only parties or games. Is this because I...
  6. Receiving phantom notifications from club

in XboX Insiders
    Receiving phantom notifications from club: I've had this issue for months. Spoken to an Xbox Live ambassador who promised he would help me get it solved but directed me to this subreddit. A moderator on here replied to me but never...
  7. Alternate email address changed, notification of change received to said email address,...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Alternate email address changed, notification of change received to said email address,...: I changed my alternate email address. I got a notification to said email address stating that it is now my alternate email address but when I try and use it to get a security code to change my...
  8. Xbox receiving message notifications, but not an actual message in the inbox.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox receiving message notifications, but not an actual message in the inbox.: Basically, the whole situation is in the headline. I've done a hard reset, but over time, it eventually starts happening again. Is it because of instant-on? I prefer having that startup mode on so...
  9. Stuck on "Online status unknown" and can't receive invite notifications on the Xbox itself.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Stuck on "Online status unknown" and can't receive invite notifications on the Xbox itself.: Hi there, Earlier today I stopped receiving party and game invites on my Xbox itself while still getting them on my phone and laptop through the Xbox App. On top of that I can't change my status...
  10. CANT RECEIVE NOTIFICATIONS ON XBOX ONE CONSOLE

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    CANT RECEIVE NOTIFICATIONS ON XBOX ONE CONSOLE: i havnt received my xbox preview dashboard app on my xbox but received the message on my xbox glass app and on xbox.com that the app was ready to be downloaded and unable to because the app hasnt...