Not Receiving Notifications

Discus and support Not Receiving Notifications in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Lately I've been unable to recieve notifications, either those being messages, game invites or achievements. My friends say I'm in Do Not Disturb, but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JerimiahTrute, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Not Receiving Notifications

Lately I've been unable to recieve notifications, either those being messages, game invites or achievements. My friends say I'm in Do Not Disturb, but when I check my status, I'm appearing online... Anyone have a solution?

:)

JerimiahTrute, Jul 8, 2019
  2. XBF Aaron G Win User

Receiving notifications

GingerBuzz

When this happens its a communication error with your router and xbox. To refresh your network setings on your xbox

Go to settings

select network

select advanced settings

select alt mac address

clear

reset

this always works for me. If you need any other trouble shooting please reply in a new thread!

Happy gaming!
  3. A Solitary Man Win User

Hi,

To properly isolate your concern, please provide answers to the questions below:

1. Are you receiving notifications from your other games or apps on the console?

2. Does the same issue occur when using a different profile on the same game and console?

We're looking forward to your response.

1. It's a hit and miss. Very rarely will I get a notification. It happens with all games and apps. It's not just for achievements but also for friend requests, and received messages as well. I did have pending game updates for a while, but updated them
    last night.

2. As for another profile, it's only been the one on the consol.

We appreciate your response. To resolve your concern, you can follow the steps on the suggested methods below: 

Method 1. Power cycle your Xbox One console.

You can reset, perform a full power cycle, or physically disconnect your Xbox One console to reboot it completely and fix many common issues. This process does not erase any of your games or data.

Here are the steps: 

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely. 

2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds. Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox One.  

Method 2. Clear the storage cache on the console.

Here are the steps: 

1. Press the menu key on the controller.  

2. Go to Settings, and then select Disc & Blu-Ray.  

3. In the Blu-Ray section select Persistent Storage.  

4. Select Clear persistent storage.

Method 3. Clear Mac address.

Here are the steps: 

1. Scroll left on the Home screen to open the guide.  

2. Select Settings.  

3. Select All Settings.  

4. Select Network.  

5. Select Network settings.  

6. Select Advance settings.  

7. Select Alternate MAC address.  

8. Select Clear.

Let us know how it goes.

I have tried method 1 multiple times and that didn't do anything. I tried methods 2 and 3 yesterday after watching YouTube videos. I am now receiving notifications such as for singing in, when controller batteries are low, and invites. However I'm still
    not receiving achievement notifications.

To view notification pop-ups for achievements, please make sure that it is enabled on the
    Xbox notifications settings.

To enable notifications, you can follow the steps below:

1. Go to Settings.

2. Select All settings.

3. Select Preferences.

4. Select Notifications.

5. Select Xbox notifications.

6. Select Achievements, and then check the checkbox for your preferred settings.

Let us know how it goes.

All notifications have already been enabled.

If you are still experiencing the same issue after following the previously provided solutions, there may be a problem with your console's operating system that is preventing the game from playing properly. You can reset your console’s operating system without
    deleting your games or apps.

To reset your console without losing your game data, follow these steps:

2. Select Settings.
    3. Select All Settings.
    4. Select System.
    5. Select Console info & updates.
    6. Select Reset console.
    7. On the Reset your console? screen, select Reset and keep my games & apps. This option will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps.

Be sure you don’t select Reset and remove everything at this point. This option resets the console to factory settings, and all user data, including accounts, saved games, settings, home Xbox associations, and all games and apps will be deleted.

If the console reset is successful, you may be prompted to repeat some general console set-up steps before you are returned to the Home screen.

After you have reset your Xbox One console, kindly check if your are receiving notifications.

Let us know how it goes.

Did not work. Still not receiving notifications
  4. A Solitary Man Win User

Hi,

To properly isolate your concern, please provide answers to the questions below:

1. Are you receiving notifications from your other games or apps on the console?

2. Does the same issue occur when using a different profile on the same game and console?

We're looking forward to your response.

1. It's a hit and miss. Very rarely will I get a notification. It happens with all games and apps. It's not just for achievements but also for friend requests, and received messages as well. I did have pending game updates for a while, but updated them
    last night.

2. As for another profile, it's only been the one on the consol.

We appreciate your response. To resolve your concern, you can follow the steps on the suggested methods below: 

Method 1. Power cycle your Xbox One console.

You can reset, perform a full power cycle, or physically disconnect your Xbox One console to reboot it completely and fix many common issues. This process does not erase any of your games or data.

Here are the steps: 

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely. 

2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds. Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox One.  

Method 2. Clear the storage cache on the console.

Here are the steps: 

1. Press the menu key on the controller.  

2. Go to Settings, and then select Disc & Blu-Ray.  

3. In the Blu-Ray section select Persistent Storage.  

4. Select Clear persistent storage.

Method 3. Clear Mac address.

Here are the steps: 

2. Select Settings.  

3. Select All Settings.  

4. Select Network.  

5. Select Network settings.  

6. Select Advance settings.  

7. Select Alternate MAC address.  

8. Select Clear.

Let us know how it goes.

I have tried method 1 multiple times and that didn't do anything. I tried methods 2 and 3 yesterday after watching YouTube videos. I am now receiving notifications such as for singing in, when controller batteries are low, and invites. However I'm still
    not receiving achievement notifications.
  5. Miss Bijoux Win User

Not receiving notifications

Hey guys -

Currently, the only updates being pushed out are for the Xbox One Preview Program and it sounds like you are both members. Please make sure you guys are leaving feedback for the Preview team via the Xbox One console dashboard app. For further assistance,
    please head over to the
    Preview Program forums.

Thanks! :)
  6. JasonDeJesus Win User

Not receiving notifications

are you by any chance in the xbox preview program ? I also noticed my dashboard changed from the xbox preview dashboard back to the normal one after the update
Thema:

1. Not Receiving Notifications - Similar Threads - Receiving Notifications

2. Don't receive notifications on Xbox Console Companion app on Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Don't receive notifications on Xbox Console Companion app on Windows 10: As the subject says, I don't receive notifications and therefore can't accept any invites as I can't find where those show up, meaning I can't join invite-only parties or games. Is this because I...
  3. Receiving phantom notifications from club

in XboX Insiders
    Receiving phantom notifications from club: I've had this issue for months. Spoken to an Xbox Live ambassador who promised he would help me get it solved but directed me to this subreddit. A moderator on here replied to me but never...
  4. Alternate email address changed, notification of change received to said email address,...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Alternate email address changed, notification of change received to said email address,...: I changed my alternate email address. I got a notification to said email address stating that it is now my alternate email address but when I try and use it to get a security code to change my...
  5. Xbox receiving message notifications, but not an actual message in the inbox.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox receiving message notifications, but not an actual message in the inbox.: Basically, the whole situation is in the headline. I've done a hard reset, but over time, it eventually starts happening again. Is it because of instant-on? I prefer having that startup mode on so...
  6. Stuck on "Online status unknown" and can't receive invite notifications on the Xbox itself.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Stuck on "Online status unknown" and can't receive invite notifications on the Xbox itself.: Hi there, Earlier today I stopped receiving party and game invites on my Xbox itself while still getting them on my phone and laptop through the Xbox App. On top of that I can't change my status...
  7. Receiving Achievement Notifications On Phone While Not Playing Any Games

in XBoX on Mobile
    Receiving Achievement Notifications On Phone While Not Playing Any Games: I keep getting notifications on my phone and laptop while I'm not playing xbox or even when my xbox is off. I think maybe someone might be using my account to play Halo MCC but I'm not 100% sure...
  8. Stop receiving notifications from non-friends

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stop receiving notifications from non-friends: Not long ago I started clearing out my friends list of people I no longer game with or don't know in real life. Unfortunately, thanks to the Xbox One's system of following people rather than...
  9. Not receiving Messages notification on my Xbox One but receive them on the beta app on my PC, ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not receiving Messages notification on my Xbox One but receive them on the beta app on my PC, ...: When I get on my Xbox One X I don't receive notifications when someone sends me a message I have all my setting allows popup notifications but I still don't receive them, I get the notification...
  10. not receiving party/game invites and notifications from anyone.

in XBoX on Consoles
    not receiving party/game invites and notifications from anyone.: this issue recently started last night, and ive tried every method (clearing cache, mac address, removing and re-adding my profile, making sure my settings are set to allow everything, nat type...