Not updating gmaes

Discus and support Not updating gmaes in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So, I load up my xbox, trying to play some games with my friends, but the game need an update. So I go to update it, but it never updates. It just sits... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Meulcr, Jan 14, 2021 at 2:42 AM.

1. Meulcr
    Meulcr Guest

Not updating gmaes

So, I load up my xbox, trying to play some games with my friends, but the game need an update. So I go to update it, but it never updates. It just sits there with no progress bar saying 'updating'. I go to restart the xbox, but it doesn't restart, so then
    I go to hard restart it, and then when the xbox loads back up, it says that the game I was trying to update is corrupted, and needs to be reinstalled. What can I do to prevent this? This is a common issue for me.

:)

2. XBF Zineb F Win User

Not updating gmaes

Hello there @Meulcr, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I want you not to worry about the situation because I am here to help you out! I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh. I would like you to go through
    the following steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

Another thing you should check is your NAT type. I would like you to check your NAT type if open because that could sometimes interfere. to check for the NAT type you can follow the steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > NAT type => It should be open.

If the NAT type is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500
    (UDP).

If needed or if it’s dirty or scratched, wipe the disc with a soft, clean, slightly damp cloth. Hold the disc by the edges without touching the top or bottom faces, then re-insert it and try launching again

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the network troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

The link: Troubleshoot your Xbox One network connection | Xbox Support

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you
    to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!

Feel free to give us your feedback by voting below if the reply was helpful!
  3. Charhooo Win User

Updating Fortnite to Season 7

my xbox is on the latest version and doesnt need an update , th gmae is fortnite so its not a disc and i dont understand why it says installation stopped
  4. Emo Goggles Win User

How have you recently enjoyed playing an old favorite game in a new way?

me personally I like to stream my old gmaes.
  5. IKnightmAAre Win User

The 2K Servers.

It's pathetic, I've been disconnected within the last minute of a gmae three times
  6. ZX0814 Win User

Problem about Avatar

sorry that I didn't specify it, I sign in by using windows 8 gmaes apps
Thema:

Not updating gmaes

1. Not updating gmaes - Similar Threads - updating gmaes

2. Alpha skip ahead Insider update E203 error

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha skip ahead Insider update E203 error: Today's insider update temporarily bricked my Xbox Series X. I'm in the Alpha-skip ahead ring (I'm aware of the obvious risk caveat associated with using a beta. When I turned my console on, it...
  3. Looping Update Jan 17th 2021

in XBoX on Consoles
    Looping Update Jan 17th 2021: I have the xbox Series X and my system will not do the update. 580mb . I hit start it then it goes to 3% shoots to 100% and then starts the verify to start update and then says target Os...
  4. Controllers only work plugged in after update

in XBoX Accessibility
    Controllers only work plugged in after update: I have 8 xbox one controllers. 4 from the launch and 4 from the one s time frame. I updated 3 of my one S controllers on 3 different XBox’s and now they only wirk when plugged in. 1 controller had...
  5. Controller won‘t turn on After update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller won‘t turn on After update: So I wanted to update my older Controllers via my new Xbox. For one it worked fine, for the other one ist failed. Now the Controller wont turn on anymore, even when I plug it in via USB. I read in...
  6. Should I Unroll from the Update Preview?

in XboX Insiders
    Should I Unroll from the Update Preview?: I've been on the Omega Update for about 2 years now, is there any wifi, benefits for how games run or any console difference if I unroll? submitted by /u/idr6gz [link] [comments]
  7. Problems with the update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems with the update: [img] it says I need a audited but takes too long and won't let me update it and I can't play any games I bought mortal combat x and it won't even install 597707ef-e7f5-4a49-adfb-73776221aadb
  8. Every update fails like this how do I report or find out what the error code means?

in XboX Insiders
    Every update fails like this how do I report or find out what the error code means?: [IMG] submitted by /u/Nuxbag [link] [comments]
  9. Question about a fix in Series X updates - Seagate Expansion Drive

in XboX Insiders
    Question about a fix in Series X updates - Seagate Expansion Drive: Hello folks. I’ve been following and seeing quite a bit of updates rolling out. Has the network connection issue with the Seagate expansion drive been corrected? The one where the card knocks the...
  10. HDMI 2.1, 4K 144hz Gaming Monitor's for Xbox Series X, Part 2 update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI 2.1, 4K 144hz Gaming Monitor's for Xbox Series X, Part 2 update.: This is a post I first started, about the first 4K 144hz HDMI 2.1 Gaming monitors, that will be ideal for Series X to get that 4K 120hz, link down here......