: Not updating

Discus and support : Not updating in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : Not updating Hi thanks for your reply. Yeah I have tried that but I’ve had no luck. Do you think it’s a hardware problem it won’t even let me go on... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by JonathanDarvall, May 17, 2020.

1. : Not updating

Hi thanks for your reply. Yeah I have tried that but I’ve had no luck. Do you think it’s a hardware problem it won’t even let me go on update?

:)

JonathanDarvall, May 17, 2020
  2. CoastKey Win User

Update update update update

Me too every 2 days. And I to called support and got no answers. I am part of the preview program so maybe there is a problem there idk? But getting annoying. Though
    Yes, preview is the problem, but if you want to quit preview, you have to wipe your Xbox and if you have some hundred gigs thats a pain. Microsoft should first give explicit info that if you join preview you get updates all the time and also inform that
    you will lose everything on your box if you quit preview. The option to just stop preview without wiping should ofcourse be a part of this deal but thats to much service I guess......

Kids was gonna watch their favoritetvshow now, but they cant cause its the daily halfanhour stupid update..... What where you thinking on this one Ms? Can it be more annoying?
  3. XFM WING1 Win User

Update update update update

Me too every 2 days. And I to called support and got no answers. I am part of the preview program so maybe there is a problem there idk? But getting annoying. Though
  4. DavidPersico Win User

updates updates updates.......

new question guys.....sry for the long pause.....XBOX ONE PAPER WEIGHT FOR SALE.....CHEEEEP!!!!!!! ok since my 3 games from 2000 the ones that havent crashed since i first turned on the xbox.....the really secure ones.....ok the question is how to delete
    the updates/....which have taken up my ava hdd space on my xbox????and can this be done w/o deleting any of the game info? thanks.
  5. Tezzarrific Win User

the updates dont really take any space, they replace files, as for the hdd space being used, after format and system reserved space is taken into account you have approx 340gb of space available for game storage.

If you have say call of duty ww2 installed thats approx 80gb or more then halo 5 thats over 100gb in size.

games these days take a huge amount of space, nothing you do will give you more free space without deleting existing games.

what games do you have installed.
  6. Gary C 86 Win User

Hi David,

The updates are actully important. Sometimes they will be bug fixes to stop crashes and other problems, Sometimes they will be security updates and some will add new features to make your gaming experience better.

I understand the frustration at turning on the xbox for a quick gaming session and been faced with an update instead, ive done this before also. But they are for the best otherwise you could be here reporting you cant play on your xbox because of constant
    crashes instead.

As for filling your storage i would recommend buying a external storage. Unfortunately there isnt a single storage device big enough to fit the vast games xbox has available so the only option is to remove games or invest in a external storage device.

I hope this answered your question david.
Thema:

1. : Not updating - Similar Threads - updating

2. Cannot start Xbox after any system update

in XboX Insiders
    Cannot start Xbox after any system update: How do you fix the error E101 00000504 80070570 Ive had this xbox one x for maybe a year now and it seems like every time there is a system update it breaks. I just keep getting this error....
  3. Latest Beta update. A curious tab called "XXX" is plagued on all my devices.

in XBoX on Windows
    Latest Beta update. A curious tab called "XXX" is plagued on all my devices.: A bizarre post to make, but hear me out. As per the title, I'm not quite sure naming your Xbox Game Pass (even if they're placeholders) "XXX" and "YYY" is such a grand idea. Even though I...
  4. More and more issues with simple game chat yet microsoft continues to update things no one...

in XBoX Accessibility
    More and more issues with simple game chat yet microsoft continues to update things no one...: Throughout the past months, I am unable to talk in-game chat across all games and this used to be fixable by going into a party and turning off your mic and then back on and it would work. Pain in...
  5. Xbox reset and updating.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox reset and updating.: I had a problem with an xbox update and nothing i tried worked so i decided to reset the xbox. Im having the smae problem with setting it back up. The xbox update is stuck at 0%. What can i do to...
  6. Xbox 360 Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Update: I haven't played on my xbox 360 in a few years, but today I was feeling like I would sign in and play a game I had for the 360. When I tried to connect to xbox live, it said that I would need to...
  7. Unable to launch Metro Exodus after latest update - Xbox Game Pass for PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to launch Metro Exodus after latest update - Xbox Game Pass for PC: Hey Guys So it seems Metro was updated in the last week. I ran into issues updating the game at all (It would just not allow me to update? Kept coming up with an error) until I checked for...
  8. xbox wont update might be internal damage

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox wont update might be internal damage: hello my name is Jordan. I just bought an xbox one x black console and have had it for 1 month 2 weeks it was working fine with games but now it wont let me update it. it is stuck on trouble...
  9. E100 ERROR: CONSOLE IS NOW A BRICK AFTER MAY UPDATE: CAN'T BE FACTORY RESET

in XboX Insiders
    E100 ERROR: CONSOLE IS NOW A BRICK AFTER MAY UPDATE: CAN'T BE FACTORY RESET: I have a Xbox One X, black, 500 GB from the Gears of War bundle. Bought off Amazon about 3 years ago. Been having issues with Blu Ray not reading discs and prompting me to prove ownership of game...
  10. Anyone else having issues updating to 2006 from 2004 ?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else having issues updating to 2006 from 2004 ?: [IMG] submitted by /u/dark4codrutz [link] [comments]