Not Upgrading on Series X

Discus and support Not Upgrading on Series X in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently bought a Series X and used my external hard drive for my Xbox One to transfer most of my games over, and apparently many of the X/S... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JacksonHarding1, May 12, 2022.

1. Not Upgrading on Series X

I recently bought a Series X and used my external hard drive for my Xbox One to transfer most of my games over, and apparently many of the X/S optimized games were upgradable directly onto the console. The internal storage couldn't hold everything, though, and some versions of the games were still on the hard drive. I don't really care if these last two games are upgraded, but I can't even open the games that are on my hard drive. They're installed and updated fully. Does anyone have any advice?

:)

JacksonHarding1, May 12, 2022
  2. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Pre download Xbox Series X games

Not really...

Xbox Series X games / upgrades / updates has to be installed onto the Series X internal or expansion card SSD,

You can have Xbox One games on your external hard drive that will get an Series X upgrade but the games will need to be transferred to the Series X and then the Series X upgrade will need to be downloaded onto the Series X SSD,

As an example...

I have Marvel Avengers on my external hard drive that will get the Series X upgrade and I will transfer the game over to the Series X SSD ready to download and update the game to the Series X version when available.
  3. dempup Win User

Xbox One & Xbox Series X disk compatibility

Hi CarGuyB3N.

Cyberpunk 2077 will download the Series X updated version free via. Smart Delivery, but
    note that COD: Cold War will not if you have the Standard Edition, but you will still be able to play it without the Series X upgrade. You either have to buy a digital upgrade or purchase the Cross-Gen or Ultimate edition of the disc release,
    to be able to access the Series X upgrade download.

4. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Xbox all access

Unfortunately not, you can only upgrade from the Xbox One console to the series X or series S.
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

Problem with running Borderlands 3

Did you do the free upgrade to the series X version?
  6. oimushthuggie Win User

New Series X on All Access - Error when trying to claim Game Pass

Same here.

I upgraded from the ultimate pass on Xbox one X to the series X but it won't let me claim it on the series X.

Also Tetris connected won't open either.
Thema:

Not Upgrading on Series X

1. Not Upgrading on Series X - Similar Threads - Upgrading Series

2. Recently upgraded to an Xbox Series X, unable to make it my home Xbox.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recently upgraded to an Xbox Series X, unable to make it my home Xbox.: When I click to make it my home Xbox it places a check in the box and after about 30 seconds it clears the box. I have reset the console with no success. What else can I try?...
  3. Failure to downgrade a Series X controller upgrade

in XboX Insiders
    Failure to downgrade a Series X controller upgrade: I'm on Windows. After upgrading to the latest firmware, my controller has been losing wireless signal occasionally, and the analog stick's responsiveness became a little wonky When I run the...
  4. Game Sharing Not Working After Upgrading to Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game Sharing Not Working After Upgrading to Series X: For the last few years, I have been successfully game sharing with my friend. I have an Xbox One X and he had an Xbox One S and game sharing has been working flawlessly. However, I've recently...
  5. BO3 - Upgrading from Xbox 1 to Series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    BO3 - Upgrading from Xbox 1 to Series S: Hi all, I currently have an Xbox 1 that I have had for several years now, and I am looking to upgrade to a series S. There are only a couple of games that I have on disk, that I would still like...
  6. Xbox series X upgrade

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series X upgrade: Hey guys I get lag on my Xbox one S , it’s about 3 and a half years old. When I check network settings I have a download speed of 12-15mbps and a latency of only about 30-40. But when I play...
  7. Poor Series X upgrade does not get refunded!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Poor Series X upgrade does not get refunded!!: Hello, So I bought Wreckfest Complete Edition on Series X and I am having a complete blast. Great stuff. At least the Xbox One version. The game offered to me to sell a Series X/S upgrade for...
  8. Upgrading to Series X but need advice about transferring profile as my son uses same account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Upgrading to Series X but need advice about transferring profile as my son uses same account: Hi All, I'm finally getting a series X soon which is great news of course, my son with be getting my xbox one S that i will no longer need. However, we have both been using the same profile for...
  9. AC Valhalla: Cannot access add-on after upgrading to Series X version

in XBoX Games and Apps
    AC Valhalla: Cannot access add-on after upgrading to Series X version: I installed AC Valhalla last year, from disc, on an Xbox one. I completed the game and then purchased the season pass, installed the WotD dlc but didn’t get round to completing all the story...
  10. Upgrading to series X with game pass.

in XBoX on Windows
    Upgrading to series X with game pass.: I currently own a Xbox one with live gold. I'm considering buying a bundle with a Xbox series X and 24 months gamepass. How easy is it to transfer my current account/gamertag to the series X using...