Notifications not working for one of my favorite friends

Discus and support Notifications not working for one of my favorite friends in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I get sign on notifications on my Xbox and iOS app for about five people. One day a few weeks ago, it stopped appearing for one person, let's call him... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Coolduderedux, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Notifications not working for one of my favorite friends

I get sign on notifications on my Xbox and iOS app for about five people. One day a few weeks ago, it stopped appearing for one person, let's call him Sniperdude07. I don't get notifications on my Xbox or iOS app for when Sniperdude07 signs on, but I do
    get it for my other favorite friends.

When I'm on my Xbox, I get sign on notifications like normal for everyone, but not Sniperdude07. He has told me he too does not get notifications for when I sign on despite me being on his favorite friends list.

Both of us are insiders in the Alpha ring. Has anyone else had this issue?

:)

Coolduderedux, Mar 20, 2019
  2. TheAssasssin727 Win User

I've had the same issue but my friend told me it is probably just a bug in the beta preview
  3. XBF Javier R Win User

Hello there fellow gamer,

We understand that you're experiencing an issue concerning the lack of notifications for when one of your friends signs into Xbox Live.

Considering that you're both part of the Xbox Insider Program, this may very well be due to an update made for the Xbox One console.

Our suggestion, report this problem through the Xbox Insider Hub so that this is acknowledged and taken care
    of.

Best wishes!
  4. GlenTaylor1970 Win User

Friend Online Notifications Not Working

I wasn't getting notifications for when I had it set to favorites only, changed it to all friends and that worked for a day and now not getting notifications for anything, friends, achievements etc.
  5. Jaymo1978 Win User

April Update

Reaper, I still strongly recommend checking the console version in Settings -> System -> Console info, as there have been reports of individuals with issues receiving friend notifications, even though they ARE on the correct version. (For example, the friend
    notifications supposedly default to "Favorites" instead of ALL friends, so if you haven't marked any friends as favorites, you won't receive any notifications, and it will appear not to be working.)
  6. galahad87 Win User

Problems with notifications

I have an issue with the notifications as well. Well one notification, with one friend. I have one person on my friends list, who is a favorite and it will never pop up when he signs on. Every other notification works fine, and my brother, who has an
    xbox one in his room is alerted when the same friend comes online. To my friends knowledge he did not change any settings, neither did I. Weird issue, doesn't really effect my experience, just thought it to be really strange. If there is a simple fix
    I'd take it, if not that's fine too.
Thema:

1. Notifications not working for one of my favorite friends - Similar Threads - Notifications working favorite

2. Xbox (Beta) Notification sounds not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox (Beta) Notification sounds not working: I dont have focus assist on and have the xbox(beta) app have notification and when my friends invite me to a party or send me a message it doesn't notify me or make a sound on my computer. What...
  3. why are my message notifications not working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why are my message notifications not working?: For over a week now, my notifications when someone messages me doesnt work. I have tried everything, resetting, reinstalling my profile, turn setting off then on, etc. Nothing works. All the other...
  4. Notification not working/showing up

in XboX Insiders
    Notification not working/showing up: Xbox message and notification not showing up after the lastest update. submitted by /u/broswerjrer [link] [comments]
  5. Message notifications not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Message notifications not working: For some reason ever since the update came out I can't get any message notifications. I have to constantly go back to the dashboard and go to my messages to see if I have gotten anything. And when...
  6. Notifications not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Notifications not working: i recently upgraded to an xbox one x and now i am not receiving party invites or messages. help please! 9052966f-27ea-4c4c-a371-99401706bda4
  7. Message notifications not working (other notifications fine)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Message notifications not working (other notifications fine): A friend is having trouble receiving notifications when he receives messages. He can see when friends come online or send a party invite. However, he does not receive notifications for messages....
  8. Notifications not working when someone joins party

in XboX Insiders
    Notifications not working when someone joins party: submitted by /u/MichaeLionheart [link] [comments]
  9. Wishlist sale/discounted notifications? They works or still not?

in XboX Insiders
    Wishlist sale/discounted notifications? They works or still not?: Hello, Already couple of months or so we have option in wishlist (store settings to check/mark “receive notifications if wishlist have sale or something like that”, but i never see any...
  10. Why the change of how the pop up notification messages show up o my tv and how they work....

in XboX Insiders
    Why the change of how the pop up notification messages show up o my tv and how they work....: I really don’t like how the new pop up notification messages pop up on my tv. when they pop up on my tv now the pop up notification messages show up on my tv. then that just disappear after...