Numbers at the end of my gamertag

Discus and support Numbers at the end of my gamertag in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So i changed my gamertag just now, and when i went to play, there were random numbers at the end. This didnt look very clean, but now I cant change it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by tweb2000, Jul 21, 2021.

1. tweb2000
    tweb2000 Guest

So i changed my gamertag just now, and when i went to play, there were random numbers at the end. This didnt look very clean, but now I cant change it back without paying. It didnt tell me it would put numbers at the end, and it didnt say the username was taken. Is there any way to change it, or change it back to what it was for free?

:)

tweb2000, Jul 21, 2021
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi Tweb2000, I hope you’re doing great out there. I am a Microsoft Independent Advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

I apologize for the trouble however having a number included on your gamertag is to make it unique since it’s already taken and succeeding change will cost us the regular price.

For your reference you can definitely check this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...
  3. ngocphi Win User

No as it told you it would add numbers which is random

It doesn't tell you a name is taken it is upto you to look up the various different versions of the name

It warns you as you enter if it will add numbers

If you click ok then it's final
  4. Daft Badger Win User

Numbers at the end of my new gamertag

It may not be inactive.Just because it doesn't have any xbox live activity doesn't mean it isn't active somewhere else on the Microsoft system.

As of Aug 2016 if a gamertag doesn't sign in anywhere on a Microsoft service for 5 years then it may be freed up but there's no guarantee of that so the earliest any unused tags might be freed up is Aug 2021.
  5. Daft Badger Win User

If it has added the numbers then someone else is using that gamertag.

Gamertags are used on other Microsoft services,not just xbox live & when you search for a tag on live you need to enter the tag exactly as the system doesn't recognise the difference between capitol & lower case letters or a space so you could search for GamerTag & nothing would show up but it could be in use as gamertag or Gamer Tag.

The only way to not have the numbers is to pick a tag that no one else has,they can not be removed.
  6. Nordic LION Win User

If it has added the numbers then someone else is using that gamertag.

Gamertags are used on other Microsoft services,not just xbox live & when you search for a tag on live you need to enter the tag exactly as the system doesn't recognise the difference between capitol & lower case letters or a space so you could search for GamerTag & nothing would show up but it could be in use as gamertag or Gamer Tag.

The only way to not have the numbers is to pick a tag that no one else has,they can not be removed.
    K thanks, checked it written in another way and found a old inactive acount. So just gonna go and make some minor changes to the name so it will work.

Thx for the help
Thema:

1. Numbers at the end of my gamertag - Similar Threads - Numbers end gamertag

2. Numbers at the end of my new gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Numbers at the end of my new gamertag: Hi! So I just changed my gamertag as I have wanted to do so for a long time and found out I could do it for free but for some reason so did it add four numbers at the end of it as it usually did...
  3. Phone number to end user agreement and accept offerings

in XBoX Accessibility
    Phone number to end user agreement and accept offerings: I need someone to contact me to end user agreement and accept offerings 71be25a1-347a-462b-93d1-4f249187d97c
  4. Gamertag has numbers at the end even though no one else has the username

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag has numbers at the end even though no one else has the username: Basically, I have a second account which uses my secondary email address which used the gamertag that I wanted. At the time, my primary email address had a gamertag that I didn't want. However...
  5. Gamertag has numbers instead of using regular suffix on all ends

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag has numbers instead of using regular suffix on all ends: I just now changed my gamertag, but instead of appearing as Colton Price#846 or Colton Price, it appears as Colton Price846 on all ends, including XBOX One. Is my gamertag just waiting to be...
  6. I changed my gamertag on Xbox and got stuck with numbers at the end

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I changed my gamertag on Xbox and got stuck with numbers at the end: Hey, I changed my gamer tag and then it added numbers to the end that I didn't want. So I wasted a free gamer tag name change and stuck with a name I don't like. Is there any way I can fix it for...
  7. How to customize to hide the numbers at the end of my gamertag ?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to customize to hide the numbers at the end of my gamertag ?: I know there is an option to customize it when you change your gamer tag for xbox games that don't support the new gamertag system like this. [img] But I can't seems to find where to do this...
  8. Creating A Brand New Gametag Without Numbers At the End

in XBoX on Consoles
    Creating A Brand New Gametag Without Numbers At the End: Hello All, I'm just wondering why that when I create a brand new Gamertag that there's numbers at the end of it. Is there a way to hide it from others? Is there going to be an update since this...
  9. I ended up with a gold status which should be for 3 months by the account number [Mod...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I ended up with a gold status which should be for 3 months by the account number [Mod...: I ended up with a gold status which should be for 3 months by the account number [Mod Removed]. The day of purchase was activated. a0329aa9-ba6b-48c4-abb1-ff6ee7aa9257
  10. MB only giving 4 numbers instead of 5 for extra plays at end of regulation. what's up with ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MB only giving 4 numbers instead of 5 for extra plays at end of regulation. what's up with ...: anyone have an explanation for this phenomenon? 032c4ea5-b73d-44a4-8fe9-fbdad8d8227a