Obtaining an Xbox Gamertag From an Inactive Account

Discus and support Obtaining an Xbox Gamertag From an Inactive Account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, I appreciate any help on this. I've been wanting a specific gamertag for around 5 years but it has always been in use by an inactive account. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Elliottus Titus, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Obtaining an Xbox Gamertag From an Inactive Account

Hello, I appreciate any help on this. I've been wanting a specific gamertag for around 5 years but it has always been in use by an inactive account. I thought it would be available one day but this hasn't happened yet. So I'm looking for information on how
    I could go about getting this gamertag, the account is definitely inactive, it hasn't played anything since February of 2015. The gamertag isn't anything too special either just something that fits me very well.

I know all the details about even if a Microsoft account is used elsewhere than the Xbox gamertag won't be removed from the account, and I'm also aware of the new gamertag system however I do not want the extra numbers added on to my gamertag.

Thanks!

:)

Elliottus Titus, Oct 13, 2020
  2. jarsAstars Win User

Inactive Accounts

As of right now there is no way of obtaining a inactive gamertag no matter how long the account has been inactive. Hope they change it in near future.
  3. Smwutches Win User

As of 2016, if a person doesn't sign into their Xbox account for 5 years, the account tag will be freed up. As of August 31, 2019, if a person does not sign into their Microsoft account within 2 years, the account will be closed which should free up the
    tag as well. So it's possible that starting sometime in 2021 it could be freed up by the system, but otherwise, the only way to get it is if the original owner changes it something else and nobody else gets it before you do or you use the new gamertag system
    to use it. The tag system is in use on other services, so even if they haven't used it on an Xbox, they may have used the account elsewhere.
  4. Dirty Loco Win User

Xbox Live Silver Names

[quote user="Letthe"]Is there a way to obtain a gamertag name if it is silver status?[/quote]

Just because an account is silver does not mean it's inactive.
  5. LJF613 Win User

Potential gamertag being used by inactive member

But what if this account is completely inactive? Is there any way to be able to obtain this information?
  6. Njal the Blue Win User

Gamertag from inactive account

Once a gamertag is acquired MS will not release the gamertag until that account has been completely inactive with anything to do with MS not just the xbox for 5 years from the last date that it was used. Keep in mind even if it may seem like a gamertag
    is inactive on the xbox console that does not mean that the MS account associated with that gamertag is not being used in something else associated with MS.
    Microsoft have recently updated their terms and it is now 2 years of inactivity and they will shut down the account.
Thema:

1. Obtaining an Xbox Gamertag From an Inactive Account - Similar Threads - Obtaining Gamertag Inactive

2. OBTAIN VERIFY EU/UK Digital COVID Certificate Online Now:(+380-9542-31375)

in XBoX Rewards
    OBTAIN VERIFY EU/UK Digital COVID Certificate Online Now:(+380-9542-31375): OBTAIN VERIFY EU/UK Digital COVID Certificate Online Now:(+380-9542-31375)VERIFY 100% IELTS/TOEIC/TOEFL WITHOUT EXAM
  3. Forza Horizon 4 "A Creature of Habit" is not obtainable

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 4 "A Creature of Habit" is not obtainable: Hello, I spent month to do all activites in series 37. After doing 100% in series i have got nothing, waited a day. New series started today and after i launched the game again i have got...
  4. Microsoft Flight Simulator: Where can I obtain printed instructions for game setup and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Flight Simulator: Where can I obtain printed instructions for game setup and...: I can access the game but not all functions within a given page (controller options for one, flight training for another). I am able to navigate to various pages but not FULLY within those pages...
  5. Obtaining Microsoft account email for Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Obtaining Microsoft account email for Minecraft: I have Minecraft on ps4. I don’t know what email I used for my Microsoft account on there and can’t seem to get any help. I’ve contacted Minecraft, Microsoft, and Sony and all three say they can’t...
  6. Can't transfer obtained DLC from Xbox Marketplace to the console.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't transfer obtained DLC from Xbox Marketplace to the console.: Hello, I have Xbox 360 and use it in the Russian region. The game I am having troubles with is Tekken Tag Tournament 2. Although I am properly connected to XBOX live and I have the app, and I am...
  7. Please could anyone offer advice on trying to obtain a refund on a Microsoft Store purchase...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please could anyone offer advice on trying to obtain a refund on a Microsoft Store purchase...: Hi, could anyone possibly help? I recently purchased some Apex Legends Coins and as the process was going through it came up with an error message and when I then checked in-game, no coins had...
  8. What are the different rings? And how do I obtain them?

in XboX Insiders
    What are the different rings? And how do I obtain them?: Hi my question is, what are the different update groups from the easiest to obtain to the hardest? Also please do tell how to get to those tiers. Thank you submitted by /u/FriendlySlayer...
  9. : My Xbox One s cant obtain Teredo Ip address

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : My Xbox One s cant obtain Teredo Ip address: : My Xbox One s cant obtain Teredo Ip address Yes it does support 4&6 but its not enabled b358d722-1c02-42fb-a6ac-b9fad6aa70cc
  10. Fed up with gamertags and the lack of obtaining them.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fed up with gamertags and the lack of obtaining them.: Oh no! Not another OG gamertag post! I normally don't care about most topics to go and make a post on a forum, but this is absolutely ridiculous. We all know original gamertags are supposively...