Occasional red screen

Discus and support Occasional red screen in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Over the last few weeks my xbox one has started up showing a full red screen. its only done it twice over the last few weeks but it's rather worrying.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PaulMason-Firth, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Occasional red screen

Over the last few weeks my xbox one has started up showing a full red screen.

its only done it twice over the last few weeks but it's rather worrying.

I turn on the console and the screen is full red, the console then shuts down. It will continue to do this until I unplug it from the mains.

once I've unplugged it and left it for a few minutes it then starts up perfectly well.

I'm wanting to know if anyone else has experienced this and if is this a software or hardware issue.

should I consider returning it for an exchange ?

:)

PaulMason-Firth, Feb 18, 2014
  2. hackREDUX
    hackREDUX Guest
    March update.A few things that are coming

anybody getting an occasional black screen flicker since this preview update?

hackREDUX, Feb 18, 2014
  3. MSF Big Boss
    MSF Big Boss Guest
    Occasional Freezing and Infinite Loading Screens

Topic title pretty much says it all.

Hopefully this will be patched.

MSF Big Boss, Feb 18, 2014
  4. Occasional red screen

It sounds like to me its a HDMI issue that is getting a bad handshake request. Make sure your HDMI cable is secure and seated properly. The HDMI port on the back of the X1 is deep and I have seen some HDMI cables not seat properly. if not already, use the
    supplied X1 cable. if still acts up, try another. Make sure your receiver (if your running thru it) has newest firmware. Also make sure your TV has the newest also. if all else fails, try a soft reset and then as a last resort a factory restore. Good Luck!!!

PrimitiveMeat, Feb 18, 2014
  5. PrimitiveMeat Win User

Occasional red screen

It sounds like to me its a HDMI issue that is getting a bad handshake request. Make sure your HDMI cable is secure and seated properly. The HDMI port on the back of the X1 is deep and I have seen some HDMI cables not seat properly. if not already, use the
    supplied X1 cable. if still acts up, try another. Make sure your receiver (if your running thru it) has newest firmware. Also make sure your TV has the newest also. if all else fails, try a soft reset and then as a last resort a factory restore. Good Luck!!!
  6. DTW Dirty Harry Win User

Flash Hider?

We have red wine at home now since my wife likes some occasionally. But, she likes Merlot.
  7. PikaPuffs Win User

What is your favorite xboxlive day gaming Snack set up?

Mountain Dew Code Red and Garden Salsa Sun Chips.

Occasionally Reese's Peanut Butter Cups thrown in..... yum.
  8. hackREDUX Win User

March update.A few things that are coming

anybody getting an occasional black screen flicker since this preview update?
  9. JeffG7-DA7760D7-0A36 Win User

Occasional Blank Screen On System Wake

Mine started tonight. After several reboots, nothing. This is my replacement console for my day one bad disc drive.
Thema:

Occasional red screen

1. Occasional red screen - Similar Threads - Occasional red screen

2. Text/Images flashing and trying to render outside screen safe zone, occasional white flash...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Text/Images flashing and trying to render outside screen safe zone, occasional white flash...: Hey I was wondering if anyone has seen this. Im having issues when playing where text and images like game maps, or anything around the edge of thet screen try to render outside of the safe...
  3. Xbox One won't wake up occasionally

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One won't wake up occasionally: Hi, in the past weeks I have encountered a weird problem with my Xbox One X. When waking up from hibernation, the console fails to startup. The Xbox One hardware beep does sound, but the Xbox...
  4. Xbox live random disconnects and occasionally logged out

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live random disconnects and occasionally logged out: over the last month or so, I have been having issues with my live randomly disconnecting and occasionally logging me out. My account is not the issue, I changed my password in the off chance it...
  5. occasionally upload studios slow/unable to upload

in XBoX Games and Apps
    occasionally upload studios slow/unable to upload: The last few days i was unable to even upload any clips, as soon as it would go to render the clip it would say "something went wrong-we couldn't render your clip". I had to do a complete factory...
  6. Xbox one turns off by itself and makes turn on sound occasionally when off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one turns off by itself and makes turn on sound occasionally when off: So my xbox one turns off by itself within 30 minutes of being on every time I try using it. I have tried switching power supplies, switching wall outlets, resetting the power supply, and it is not...
  7. Media Player changes video occasionally when xbox button is pushed.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Media Player changes video occasionally when xbox button is pushed.: Occasionally while I am watching a video on media player I will pause the video and stop to check my friends list. Ever since the update there have been multiple occasions where I have pressed the...
  8. Occasional blank screen while playing on xbox one s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Occasional blank screen while playing on xbox one s: The reason I'm thinking that too is so many different models are popping up same issue. Surely all of these can't be firmware updates etc to the screens. Just makes you wonder being the first 4K...
  9. New Xbox one S 2tb model - occasionally freezes,then shuts down

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox one S 2tb model - occasionally freezes,then shuts down: Hi guys had to contact Microsoft today to report and book in my new Xbox one S 2tb for a repair. Over the last few weeks , it's been freezing and the tv makes a strange sound before it shuts...
  10. Xbox occasionally won't play games offline.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox occasionally won't play games offline.: Every once in a while I will turn on my xbox, but not my router, and I will be told that I need to connect to xbox live to start a game. This has happened with different games from different...