October 2019 Xbox Game Bar Update Enables FPS Counter and Achievement Tracking

Discus and support October 2019 Xbox Game Bar Update Enables FPS Counter and Achievement Tracking in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; [IMG] submitted by /u/XIPBot [link] [comments] Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/XIPBot, Oct 22, 2019.

1. /u/XIPBot
    /u/XIPBot Guest

/u/XIPBot, Oct 22, 2019
  2. CptMorgnNoBeard Win User

Xbox Game Bar - How to enable FPS counter on Windows 10 HOME

Just remember when you want to enable the FPS counter you need to bring it up once the game is running.
  3. Kev1svl Win User

Run the cmd : net localgroup , you will get a list like that:

*Administrators

*Backup Operators

*Power Users

*Remote Desktop Users

*Replicator

*Users

Depending of the language of you Windows, you will need to identify the one that mean "Performance Log Users" (For instance in French it's "Utilisateurs du journal de performances").

For the user, run : net user

You will get the list of users on your machine.
    The users names are the word of the first column. You should easily identify which one is relevant to you. (good chance if you are the only one user of your PC that there will be only 2 users : Administrator and "you".)
  4. Kev1svl Win User

So I found the solution.

For the Windows 10 Home users, if you still can't have it working following the support suggestions, you will have to play with some command lines.

You can find a tuto here : https://www.windows-commandline.com/net-localgroup/

Once you have your user name and the group name (I guess could be different depending of your Windows language, something meaning "Performance Log Users") :

TL,DR :

1. hit the Windows key.

2. type "cmd", run it as administrator.

3 type : net localgroup "<groupname>" <user> /add

Sad that the official support only suggest Windows 10 Pro solution, as most of the people have a Windows 10 Home version for sure ...
  5. Linden IV Win User

Good Evening,

I'm also a Windows 10 Home user. With the update that rolled out yesterday, everyone can use the FPS tracking on the Game Bar!

Simply go to the Microsoft Store and click on the top right then choose "Downloads and Update"

[​IMG]

Once there click on "Get Updates"

[​IMG]

It should download the new Game Bar (and any other updates available)

Once all done Hold the Windows key and hit "G"

[​IMG]

You are now ready to roll! You will see FPS which may require a request and a restart but you're ready to go!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

^^^^ Streaming

Happy Gaming!
  6. StumfSlo Win User

This has to be streamlined, so an elevation prompt would add your user into Performance Log Users.

I believe every user that is using his PC as a non admin (you know the correct way), will have issues with FPS counter.
Thema:

1. October 2019 Xbox Game Bar Update Enables FPS Counter and Achievement Tracking - Similar Threads - October 2019 Game

2. The Recent Rewards Rescue Space mission 10 checkpoints (October 2019) - when is it drawn...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    The Recent Rewards Rescue Space mission 10 checkpoints (October 2019) - when is it drawn...: Hi Everyone, After the painstaking competition to complete the 10 tasks I did receive my 1 month free of Xbox Ultimate Gold Game Pass and my double points for Bing searches but when and what is...
  3. Minecraft: Xbox One Edition October 2019 Update Not Working?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft: Xbox One Edition October 2019 Update Not Working?: Over the last few days, I've been having issues updating/installing Minecraft. Since the update dropped, I tried to download it, but I was greeted with "Installing... 0.0%," and it's been stuck on...
  4. Xbox Requests: Week of October 25th, 2019

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Requests: Week of October 25th, 2019: Xbox Requests: capturing all your ideas across Xbox, including PC, console, Xbox Live, and more every week! Give us your thoughts, post your ideas, and share your voice! If you have an idea or...
  5. Gears 5 - What’s Up – October 21st 2019 (Halloween event details)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears 5 - What’s Up – October 21st 2019 (Halloween event details): Halloween Approaches! The nights are getting colder, and All Hallows Eve grows closer. It’s time for Halloween to haunt Gears 5 Versus! Pumpkin Ball For two weeks beginning this Tuesday,...
  6. New release of Controller update 23 October 2019

in XBoX on Consoles
    New release of Controller update 23 October 2019: I thought I would let anyone who uses this Forum know, that there was a release today to Update your controller firmware . If you start your console with a controller connected with uSB, as I...
  7. Xbox Requests: Week of October 18th, 2019

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Requests: Week of October 18th, 2019: Xbox Requests: capturing all your ideas across Xbox, including PC, console, Xbox Live, and more every week! Give us your thoughts, post your ideas, and share your voice! If you have an idea or...
  8. October 2019 update broke the Kinect

in XBoX on Consoles
    October 2019 update broke the Kinect: Kinect no longer powers on with the Xbox One X as of the October update. I have to physically unplug the USB cable and plug it back in. Its not the Kinect nor the USB adapter as I have a spare...
  9. Xbox Requests: Week of October 11th, 2019

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Requests: Week of October 11th, 2019: Xbox Requests: capturing all your ideas across Xbox, including PC, console, Xbox Live, and more every week! Give us your thoughts, post your ideas, and share your voice! If you have an idea or...
  10. New Games with Gold for October 2019

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New Games with Gold for October 2019: Hmm so there's nothing here that I would buy... Which actually, in my opinion, makes it an ok month. Games with gold, as with game pass, gives me the opportunity to take gambles on games I would...