Odd FPS fluctuation

Discus and support Odd FPS fluctuation in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When playing Forza Horizon 3, My FPS consistently moves from 144+ to 60. every half second it drops and goes back to 144+. It makes Horizon 3... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MansonChan1, Jul 5, 2022.

1. MansonChan1
    MansonChan1 Guest

Odd FPS fluctuation

When playing Forza Horizon 3, My FPS consistently moves from 144+ to 60. every half second it drops and goes back to 144+. It makes Horizon 3 unplayable. The game keeps slowing and speeding up. Im on an HP Victus 16 with a Ryzen 7 5800H, and an RTX 3060 Laptop card. By all means the hardware has more power than my old Omen 30L with a Ryzen 5 3600 and 1660 Super, but that PC ran the game at a consistent 90+ FPS. Could someone help me diagnose and fix my problem? Id really like to get back to playing with my drift cars.

:)

MansonChan1, Jul 5, 2022
  2. MansonChan1 Win User

Odd FPS fluctuation

Im 100% sure i dont have Freesync enabled on FH3, and I'm also on Windows 11.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Odd FPS fluctuation

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Mansonchan

Do you have freesync enabled for this game?
    That could be a reason about the inconsistent FPS ups and downs

By the way, is this happening only with this game?
    Which windows version are you using? 11 or 10?

I’ll be waiting for your reply, greetings from another Microsoft user!
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Odd FPS fluctuation

No problem, take your time

If maybe that doesn't work, try reinstalling a previous version for your graphics card driver via official manufacturer site

Just in case the latest one is causing this conflicts with the game
  5. MansonChan1 Win User

Odd FPS fluctuation

I'll give it a shot on some other games which also have this issue, though I'm not sure if my laptop display is freesync compatible.
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Odd FPS fluctuation

Could you try enabling it?
    By the way, is this happening only with Forza Horizon 3?
Thema:

Odd FPS fluctuation

1. Odd FPS fluctuation - Similar Threads - Odd FPS fluctuation

2. MSFS 2020/WINDOOWS 10 BEHAVING ODD.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020/WINDOOWS 10 BEHAVING ODD.: MY MSFS 2020/WINDOOWS 10 IS BEHAVING ODD. WHEN I GO INTO AN AIRCAFT COCKPIT, THE ENTIRE VIEW IS SPINNING ANTI CLOCK WISE AND CAN'T SEEM TO STOP IT. ANY IDEAS PLEASE? ***Moved from Windows...
  3. Reporting options are a bit odd?

in XboX Insiders
    Reporting options are a bit odd?: Was about to report unsporting behaviour which has brought me to this question. Why are there such weird options just to report someone being a poor player? Surely it should just be straight...
  4. This will be a rather odd question regarding the ATIBlizzard purchase

in XBoX Games and Apps
    This will be a rather odd question regarding the ATIBlizzard purchase: Greetings. After the recent news, I was wondering if Battlenet will become a part of the Live platform or if it will continue to be a separate entity. As everyone knows, Blizzard Entertainment is...
  5. Xbox doing odd things

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox doing odd things: So just a week ago I was having a little trouble with my Xbox one I clicked eject on my controller like I always do it ejected the disc but now I can't put a disc in unless I press the open tray...
  6. Kind of a odd question.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Kind of a odd question.: Hi. So I'm playing on Ps4 and the Minecraft in game Store hasn't been working for a week now. And I can't use any of my stuff. Mojang support say contact Sony. Sony say contact Mojang. Is there...
  7. Since the latest all my games are running at 120hz, some look really odd because of it.

in XboX Insiders
    Since the latest all my games are running at 120hz, some look really odd because of it.: Since the latest all my games are running at 120hz, some look really odd because of it. submitted by /u/jimmyjamesh [link] [comments]
  8. odd issue after repair of series x

in XboX Insiders
    odd issue after repair of series x: So i sent my series x in for repair because the alpha update bricked my console and I couldn't get it to factory reset or finish applying the update. Got the console back, exact same one factory...
  9. for some odd reason, i am stuck in beta

in XboX Insiders
    for some odd reason, i am stuck in beta: Hello, I am currently having a problem with my MC windows 10 edition, when I first got my new PC on Christmas the first thing i tried to do was to install windows 10 edition and I downloaded it...
  10. coldwar servers are being odd

in XBoX Games and Apps
    coldwar servers are being odd: why is coldwar saying online servers aren't available right now, the error code is: Collar 43 Good Wolf f6a39c70-202f-4658-a38e-b657fe432433