Odd noise when turning console off/on

Discus and support Odd noise when turning console off/on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Since that last update this has been happening. It sounds like the optical drive is checking for a disc or something, but I don't have one in, and the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Traygor Icarion, May 10, 2014.

1. Odd noise when turning console off/on

Since that last update this has been happening. It sounds like the optical drive is checking for a disc or something, but I don't have one in, and the sound is totally new as well.

It sounds like a single "chug". I'm pretty sure it's not the hard drive. I have only used a disc once, on the first day, and all digital since. Which is why this seems weird to me it kind of came out of nowhere. I experimented with inserting and ejecting
    discs, it seems to have lessened the sound but it's still there.

I bought the console on march 11 and have had no problems so far.

:)

Traygor Icarion, May 10, 2014
  2. trollsbox
    trollsbox Guest
    Whining Noise from Xbox One

Sadly i do not know of a way to fix it other than to send it to Microsoft. I recently got the Xbox One S off of ebay and i swear it makes an odd noise when it is running. My problem is that the console keeps turning itself off every 5 minutes when i try
    to play a game. It is an internal hardware problem.

trollsbox, May 10, 2014
  3. Strange noise when turning console on/off (video included)

Does yours also make the sound when you turn it off?

Traygor Icarion, May 10, 2014
  4. Malacath
    Malacath Guest

I've had this since I first got my console in November. Usually when turning the console on.

It doesn't seem to be causing any problems though.

My console works fine otherwise and isn't getting any worse.

Malacath, May 10, 2014
  5. Malacath Win User

I've had this since I first got my console in November. Usually when turning the console on.

It doesn't seem to be causing any problems though.

My console works fine otherwise and isn't getting any worse.
  6. trollsbox Win User

Whining Noise from Xbox One

Sadly i do not know of a way to fix it other than to send it to Microsoft. I recently got the Xbox One S off of ebay and i swear it makes an odd noise when it is running. My problem is that the console keeps turning itself off every 5 minutes when i try
    to play a game. It is an internal hardware problem.
  7. TonalGarlic4486 Win User

Xbox crashing and glitching

Edit: I think it is the console and not the game. Also when the console auto turns off, it makes a whirring noise
  8. STARVING MARVIN Win User

Has anyone found a working solution for the noise problem?

I have recently started getting the noise in standby only and have kinect always plugged in so it makes no difference to me. I have noticed that the console also gets very warm with the noise in standby I left it in this state for at least 16 hours and the
    noise does not stop till I turn the console on.

Sometimes I can switch the Xbox off in standby and the noise is not there and the console goes cold as you would expect.

I have a lauch console so it has been fine for a while very odd
  9. Metal10957 Win User

Time restrictions, but just for some users and not others.

The timer is on the console not the individual family user. Just turn off console safety when you want to play odd hours.
Thema:

1. Odd noise when turning console off/on - Similar Threads - Odd noise turning

2. Odd Xbox One X power off issue

in XboX Insiders
    Odd Xbox One X power off issue: Backstory. My two oldest sons are home from college. They are playing on my secondary internet connection. I have two separate. I have one strictly for my stuff due to sometimes needed a lot of...
  3. People joining party causes odd problem

in XboX Insiders
    People joining party causes odd problem: So I have a really annoying issue here that I have reported a few times over the last 6 months. This happens consistently and I can make it happen all the time depending on who joins the party....
  4. For some odd reason it says I'm 'Browsing games in Rainbow Six Siege' when I'm offline.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    For some odd reason it says I'm 'Browsing games in Rainbow Six Siege' when I'm offline.: This also happens when I appear offline,I'm at my homescreen,my Xbox is off,my Xbox is restarting,and when my internet is fully disconnected from the power cord. I'm at a dead end on what to do...
  5. Odd sound coming from Xbox One upon startup of certain games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Odd sound coming from Xbox One upon startup of certain games: When my xbox Starts up these games (fortnite, MKX on disc, and Smite) I can hear the fans on the xbox being to work harder, as if it's over heating. Is this a symptom of a potential problem that...
  6. Concerns with odd goings on with my Xbox.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Concerns with odd goings on with my Xbox.: So going to keep this brief, and since trying to get hold of anyone on the Support lines/email chat is futile will throw this in here.. over the last few days i have had the following. When...
  7. Odd Messaging Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Odd Messaging Issue: I am having a strange issue with my xbox messages on my console. Messages come in way later than they should normally and all at once. For instance three people messaged me yesterday and I...
  8. Odd noise coming from controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Odd noise coming from controller.: I recently noticed that my XBox One S controller has been making an odd noise. It's a faint, somewhat high pitch noise. It seems to be coming from the area of the headset jack. This noise is...
  9. Odd clicking noise.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Odd clicking noise.: I've had my Xbox One since January and It's been powered on near enough constantly due to having my TV connected to it, I've not had a single problem with it until I inserted the Forza Horizon 2...
  10. Xbox 360 S Making Odd Noises During Game Play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 S Making Odd Noises During Game Play: Hey guys! I have been struggling to find the problem with my console. Whenever I play a game it will randomly make these loud annoying noises that seem to echo. It sounds like a loud echoing gun...