Offensive gamertag change (DONT QUOTE CODE OF CONDUCT) its broken

Discus and support Offensive gamertag change (DONT QUOTE CODE OF CONDUCT) its broken in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ok so I TOTALLY understand different things can be perceived as insulting offensive etc in different ways in different countries. Although Ive read the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by The Jedi Ronin, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Offensive gamertag change (DONT QUOTE CODE OF CONDUCT) its broken

Ok so I TOTALLY understand different things can be perceived as insulting offensive etc in different ways in different countries. Although Ive read the code of conduct (and theres a couple things i find in there to be semi fascist and ignorant) BUT for the
    most part I agree with it.

HOWEVER. I directly disagree with the fact that the OFFENDED party doesn't have to pay for the name change.

I understand differences in cultures etc but I don't have the desire nor the time to learn them all.

If someone from another country/culture finds MY gamertag offensive. I'd be happy to change it....if THEY are willing to pay for it.

Setting the system the way it is now only allows for abuse of the report button. 98% of ANYTHING can be offensive in some way if you run it through enough cultures, history etc.

It's just a way for little salty kids to punish anyone they want for someone that can be construed as offensive when they get to send me whatever they want. (I refuse to report profanity because it's tattling and I don't advocate tattling as it shows weak
    character and small brains)

Just make the system be free for offensive gamertag issues or make the OFFENDED party pay for it. I don't see how this is hard to fix or understand. am i the only one who is experiencing this? Discuss

:)

The Jedi Ronin, Apr 15, 2019
  2. Smwutches Win User

It used to be free until too many people abused the option.
  3. bowski477 Win User

The enforcement team does not use the forums and it is not the place to discuss their decisions.
  4. denis97g Win User

reports are always checked and I believe there's always a motivation for a forced gamertag change.
  5. The Jedi Ronin Win User

so its better to have people abuse the report button and microsoft gets paid? got it lol
  6. The Jedi Ronin Win User

Well I'll "believe it" when they "prove it"
Thema:

1. Offensive gamertag change (DONT QUOTE CODE OF CONDUCT) its broken - Similar Threads - Offensive gamertag change

2. My Gamertag was banned for being “Offensive” and now I have to repay to change it again?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Gamertag was banned for being “Offensive” and now I have to repay to change it again?: I’ve had the gamertag “Reptard” for about 6 years, and it was just recently banned due to it having “****” in the name. I can see where Microsoft is coming from with banning the name, it’s...
  3. My Gamertag was forced change as [Mod Remover] i deemed offensive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Gamertag was forced change as [Mod Remover] i deemed offensive: So I've had this account for many years yet I have never had a complaint about it but today, I was messaged by xbox live telling me i had breached their code of conducts, Like how does [Mod...
  4. My Gamertag was banned for being “Offensive” and now I have to repay to change it again?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Gamertag was banned for being “Offensive” and now I have to repay to change it again?: I’ve had the gamertag “Reptard” for about 6 years, and it was just recently banned due to it having “****” in the name. I can see where Microsoft is coming from with banning the name, it’s...
  5. Help me please my gamertag was force changed and it wasnt rude or offensive it was XBucketLordX

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help me please my gamertag was force changed and it wasnt rude or offensive it was XBucketLordX: My phone number is [mod removed] and I want to change my gamer tag because it was force changed because it was "rude" or "hateful" and I think I was falsely reported, this has happened to me in...
  6. New to Xbox and somehow received an offensive Gamertag! I have to pay to change??? BS!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    New to Xbox and somehow received an offensive Gamertag! I have to pay to change??? BS!!!: First time with xbox and signing in. I never used this before and have a gamertag that I never set up and feel is extremely offensive! I want to change it but it is telling me I have already used...
  7. Gamertag changed when it wasn't really that offensive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag changed when it wasn't really that offensive?: My gamertag wasn't even that offensive. Why did it get changed? I want a refund for this. I'm not going to pay another $10 for my gamertag. I recently just payed for the ither one. I would really...
  8. Gamertag Change When The Gamertag Was Not Meant To Be Offensive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag Change When The Gamertag Was Not Meant To Be Offensive: I feel as though my Gamertag was wrongfully viewed as offensive. I have held my Gamertag for about 5 years and it was (KySweatyYeti which the Ky is for the state I live in; which stands for...
  9. Account Gamertag Found Offensive and Changed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Account Gamertag Found Offensive and Changed?: Hi Xbox Enforcement Team, Earlier today, My Gamertag was changed due to the fact that it was supposedly offensive. I do not see why it was offensive, and I would wish to have the gamertag that I...
  10. Offensive Gamertag - Requesting change.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Offensive Gamertag - Requesting change.: My gamertag appears as it is offensive to users of xbox live as it has the word "Aryan" in it, also, when people speak with me, they call me "Ryan" which is my husbands name - as he plays on the...