Office 365 for Xbox

Discus and support Office 365 for Xbox in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; As a Secondary School student i use my Xbox for nearly everything and find it very useful, however I would like to see the addition of Office 365 on... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MusaJadoon, Jul 8, 2019.

1. MusaJadoon
    MusaJadoon Guest

Office 365 for Xbox

As a Secondary School student i use my Xbox for nearly everything and find it very useful, however I would like to see the addition of Office 365 on Xbox so I can also do homework/essays etc. whilst also being able to play some games simultaneously. And
    if you were to implement this feature then please add Keboard/Mouse support as im sure many others may also share this opinion of doing work on for e.g. word and also playing games

Thanks

:)

MusaJadoon, Jul 8, 2019
  2. AnTiCampR Win User

My Office 365 xbox live gold 12 month redemption code will be in my account in 4 weeks WHY??? It never stated that on the terms!

Don't know where you guys got your info from:
    office.microsoft.com/.../terms-and-conditions-FX104049825.aspx

The following genuine Office 365 products qualify for this Offer. Please note that not all qualifying products are available in all eligible countries/regions.

Office 365 Home Premium full packaged product (FPP)

Office 365 Home Premium point of sale activated product (POSA)

Office 365 Home Premium electronic software distributed product (ESD)

Office 365 Home Premium annual subscription

Office 365 Home Premium Canadian Forces Edition (valid in Canada only)

Office 365 University full packaged product (FPP)

Office 365 University point of sale activated product (POSA)

Office 365 University electronic software distributed product (ESD)

Office products that do NOT qualify for the promotion are:

Office 365 Home Premium monthly subscription

Office 365 Small Business Premium

Office 2013 Suites (Home and Student, Home and Business and Professional)

Office 2013 Standalone Applications

Office for Mac 2011 Suites (Home and Student and Home and Business)

All previous versions of Microsoft Office (2003, 2007, 2010)

Office 365 trial product

Not-For-Resale or promotional product

Office 365 products licensed under a volume licensing agreement

Edit: I see that this only applies in Canada and in the US the University copy isn't eligible.
  3. Njal the Blue Win User

Office 365 for Xbox

As ArminatorX has pointed out, anything but a gaming system is a console killer. You just have to look what happened to the Xbox One and how it had to be salvaged. From somebody who uses Office and other suites a lot, I have a PC and Laptop for that, my
    console is for gaming and watching the odd Blu-ray movie from time to time, it is purely for recreational purposes and long may it stay that way.
  4. denis97g Win User

Office 365 for Xbox

5. MusaJadoon Win User

Office 365 for Xbox

While I don't know if mouse is supported, you should be able to access Word for example through the Xbox console's browser at https://office.live.com/start/Word.aspx

The thing is, the console is not really a multitasking device like a "real" PC, as all apps and games run in a sandboxed virtual environment.

So don't expect to be able to ever write your finals papers on the console for quite some time. Also the past has shown, that the majority of people prefer the console to be a playground primarily, and an entertainment hub on second place. The reaction to
    the "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw

" presentation shows, that people want to play games on the console, and maybe watch a movie or two.

But to do watch TV or do actual office work on that,... not so much.

So even if you suggest that on the Xbox Ideas website, I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

If you want a multitasking gaming machine that you can also use to do homework, your best option is still a desktop or laptop PC.

EDIT: Why does the forum show a large preview window for YouTube videos? Argh!
    I see where you are coming from but there are many of us who may want it implemented and those who don't, clearly wont have to have it as it isnt like they are forcing you to have it but it can just be there for those who wish to use it for HW etc. and I
    can see it being very successful for those who want it and those who don't, arent forced to and they can just play games. Also MS on browser isnt as easier to use.
  6. ArminatorX Win User

Office 365 for Xbox

While I don't know if mouse is supported, you should be able to access Word for example through the Xbox console's browser at https://office.live.com/start/Word.aspx

The thing is, the console is not really a multitasking device like a "real" PC, as all apps and games run in a sandboxed virtual environment.

So don't expect to be able to ever write your finals papers on the console for quite some time. Also the past has shown, that the majority of people prefer the console to be a playground primarily, and an entertainment hub on second place. The reaction to
    the "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw

" presentation shows, that people want to play games on the console, and maybe watch a movie or two.

But to do watch TV or do actual office work on that,... not so much.

So even if you suggest that on the Xbox Ideas website, I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

If you want a multitasking gaming machine that you can also use to do homework, your best option is still a desktop or laptop PC.

EDIT: Why does the forum show a large preview window for YouTube videos? Argh!
Thema:

Office 365 for Xbox

1. Office 365 for Xbox - Similar Threads - Office 365

2. I would like to know how to make a complaint to microsoft corporate office

in XBoX Accessibility
    I would like to know how to make a complaint to microsoft corporate office: My son is an player on x box who was repeatedly bullied and then complained about. He received two x box ban's. I being the parent did some investigation and found who this little boy was and...
  3. I send my xbox to the repair center in germany using my local post office instead of ups

in XBoX on Consoles
    I send my xbox to the repair center in germany using my local post office instead of ups: Hello, Today I sent my xbox one s to the microsoft repair center in germany using my local post office with the label microsoft sent me in email but then I noticed that the label is for ups and I...
  4. Will disk Xbox 360 games ever be able to offically run on PC?

in XBoX on Windows
    Will disk Xbox 360 games ever be able to offically run on PC?: With the advent of the Xbox play anywhere feature for digital Xbox One games for Windows 10. I'm wondering if Xbox 360 games will ever be able to take advantage of Xbox play anywhere too? Or...
  5. ms office

in XBoX on Windows
    ms office: is there a way that i can use ms office on my xbox? not myxbox on a pc? f256e1e2-4220-400e-909b-7e296d04ccc9
  6. Que es el cargo Office xboxwndws cr c? [What is Office Xboxwndws CR c?]

in XBoX on Windows
    Que es el cargo Office xboxwndws cr c? [What is Office Xboxwndws CR c?]: Hola, tratando de activar mi tarjeta en el xbox y fracasar al no ser aceptada, ingrese desde mi computadora llene los datos y me la acepto, al minuto me llego un cargo con el nombre del concepto...
  7. Game bar not opening in Microsoft Office 2016 using Win + g command

in XBoX on Windows
    Game bar not opening in Microsoft Office 2016 using Win + g command: Hi there, My game bar is not opening when using the Win + g command in Microsoft Office 2016. I have checked the game bar settings and made sure the recording option is turned on....
  8. produk key office profesional plus 2010

in XBoX on Windows
    produk key office profesional plus 2010: minta bantuan produk key Office profesional plus 2010 4f8d0d1b-7e78-461a-92ea-ee0ef0453c22
  9. Office 365 Promotion for XBOX Live Gold 1 Year Subscription

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Office 365 Promotion for XBOX Live Gold 1 Year Subscription: I purchased Office 356 Home Premium on September 27, 2013 to take advantage of the 1 Year promotional subscription to XBOX Live Gold. I haven't received an email confirmation or instructions on...
  10. Changing microsoft account with a current office 365 subscription

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing microsoft account with a current office 365 subscription: Hello, everyone. I had a quick question regarding changing the microsoft account associated with a gamertag. The current account has an office 365 subscription which will expire in 4 days. I...